• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Corner inconsistencies: left vs right, player 1 vs player 2

Muro

Dazed Muro Announcer
Reaction score
Steam
StopMuroTime
Peacock Big Band Beowulf
@Mike_Z

We noticed something with @Stimoro. There's an inconsistency in how the game places players versus each other in the corners:

What we are seeing there:
Illustrated on canis major press -> jump forward.
Player one: If done in the left corner, doesn't jump behind the opponent. If done in the right corner, does jump behind the opponent.
Player two: If done in the left corner, does jump behind the opponent. If done in the right corner, doesn't jump behind the opponent.

In this case it can be exploited for "vague" crossups if the jump forward ends with for example a late j.HP, as the side from which the hit comes depends on which corner it is done in + which player does it.

I reckon rather than being character-specific this is related with a wider issue on how the game handles spacing of players 1 and 2 in the corners. My uneducated guess is that the game sees both players being in the same spot in the left-right orientation, and deals with this by giving player1 priority to be on the right, and player2 priority to be on the left. Here's hoping this observation will help pinpoint the cause of the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt
Stimoro: Did some more testing, might as well tell you.
Stimoro: seems like if you DHC into a utility super (Peacock bomb, catheads) you can crossup on both sides.
Stimoro: basically any super with fast recovery actually. so Squigly 214KK works as well depending on the version. all versions work if you used otg already.
Stimoro: also, maybe I should add. the DHC version works on everyone I think
Stimoro: since wulf couldnt jump over big characters like Big Band/Double
Stimoro: Squigly probably have the most ridiculous DHC, since you get meaty super, and you can choose front/back