• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Crash Bandicoot

CountofBleck

King of Casuals, Infinite American Resets
Reaction score
Steam
-W3E- W+Fire
PSN
flameknight96
Filia Robo Fortune Double
HOLIBOOGA!
Crash-Bandicoot-Remastered-Collection-Crash-Bandicoot-remakes-Crash-Bandicoot-PS4-681498.jpg
He's baaaaack! After almost a decade of silence, Crash Bandicoot is back to bring hard platforming back from the 90s and into the modern gamers of today! A nice fresh skin patched up, 1080 P gameplay and all 3 original games colorfully remastered!

Now you see, Crash Bandicoot games were among the first games I ever played growing up, so they have an extremely close place to my heart. But I also remember these games being pretty dang difficult. Spent Hours trying to collect bonuses for Crystals and ding over and over to Nitro box instakills... to think that a whole new generation can have fun suffering feels like a long forgotten dream come true:D

So what about you guys? Excited for a new Platformer challenge? Fans of the older games? Curious about the remakes? Let's see where this wild marsupial is gonna take us and the Crash Franchise into the future!

Last edited:
The fact that this collection even exists is really surreal to me. It's on par with like Half Life 3 or FF7 Remake in my opinion. Legendary.

I'm not the biggest Crash fan but I'm definitely picking this up.

Reactions: CountofBleck
Eh, I always sucked at time trials, but I did eventually 100% the first Crash. I wonder if the old memory codes will still work?

Weird that
He's baaaaack! After almost a decade of silence, Crash Bandicoot is back to bring hard platforming back from the 90s and into the modern gamers of today!
>Hard platforming
>Crash Bandicoot
???????????????????????????????????

I love Crash as much as the next guy (possibly more), but let's not fool ourselves.

Weird that
>Hard platforming
>Crash Bandicoot
???????????????????????????????????

I love Crash as much as the next guy (possibly more), but let's not fool ourselves.
My childhood was filled with explosions, missed jumps, and hair biting chase scenes including giant polar bears. Mind you its been over a decade but Im sure I was at least a competent gamer by then.

My childhod... Im sure I was at least a competent gamer by then.
You'd be surprised. Go back and play anything that childhood you thought hard. You'll find your current experiences might differ from how you remember them. I did the same thing a few years ago with some Genesis games, except that Earthworm Jim actually is kinda hard, but I still beat Vector Man and Tiny Toons. Crash is ez pz. Hell, even those speedrun dorks play it. I even beat it last month on my crappy phone with a small input delay.

Some gameplay from the demos.

Wow, that hurt my heart a bit. Things I didn't like: the sanitized art style, new Cortex voice, Crash said words, changed proportions, that player, changed bounce boxes giving you less fruit for non consecutive jumping. I had to quit watching several minutes in.

Wow, that hurt my heart a bit. Things I didn't like: the sanitized art style, new Cortex voice, Crash said words, changed proportions, that player, changed bounce boxes giving you less fruit for non consecutive jumping. I had to quit watching several minutes in.

I disagree with everything you said. Voices are fine, crash talked during the first game too. Art looks great, Cortex voice sounds fine, proportions were like that during the PS1 era but not as smooth cause...PS1. And ease up on the player man he's just trying to show off the demo not play through it.

Well, I guess there's no accounting for taste.

As long as it plays as well as they should, I don't mind it.

I'm surprised at how "high definition" the game looks.. Seems less Cartoony, and somewhere in-between: real life lighting but very bold cartoony textures

I ended up playing the second Crash for the first time post-childhood on account of trouble finding it. It was pretty tough. By contrast, I can go back to 1/3 without any trouble. I think it's more that, after years of playing any childhood game, you commit the levels to muscle-memory. That's also why, in the first game, I still have trouble with the N. Brio bonus levels. They aren't as easy to get to and practice without an emulator and save states. Wait, you can retry bonus levels in the remake!?

Also, the new animation for jumping on turtles is adorable, I love it!

http://letsallgotothelobby.tumb lr.com/post/154038569260/rest-in-fucking-pieces

I cant believe Crash is fucking DEAD.

I also cant believe our website hasnt fixed the bug with tumblr links. what's up with that?

Last edited: