• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Da Grendel Killa and Diving Wulfdog Techs

JordantheKitty

Designated Furfag
Reaction score
Steam
Jordan`
Beowulf Cerebella
There's... /probably/ another thread in here somewhere about this, but I haven't been able to find it.
Essentially, I'm confused on something and would like an answer for no real reason but to sate my curiosity about my favorite character. In combo stage 1, if you use Da Grendel Killa or Diving Wulfdog, the enemy can tech it. But anywhere from stage 2 onward, if you use them, they can't be teched. Is there a reason for this? It just seems odd to me, especially since it takes away the benefit of Geatish Trepak (except if want to keep a corner position or some such), since a Grendel Killa does far more damage and gives you the same exact opportunity to mixup as soon as they stand.

EDIT: Okay, after some more experimenting, I was totally wrong. You're always at stage 2 if you're in a grapple, and I'm stupid. But now I'm just REALLY confused. I know it's not that it's after stage 2, since I've been able to get an untechable Grendel Killa at stage 2, and I know it's not only on the second grapple in the combo, since I've been able to do it with the first grapple after a combo. My heard hurts, but my curiosity grows yet stronger.

Last edited:
you're doing this in the lab right? if so then it's a bug the ai is just not teching. but trust me the opponent can tech after a grendal killer. Trepak dance is a perfect move to be using for it is a forced knock down and gives you more than enough time to cross up the opponent, where as Wulf Star Press barely gives you enough time to go for a high low mixup.

Each grab move has a use and knowing which one to use will make beowulf far more deadly.

Yup. You are 100% correct; I just tried it myself via dummy recording. Well, thanks. I'm not disappointed, actually. More excuses to do jazzhands, the better. Really, thanks a lot for the quick reply.