• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dead Cross/Flew Shot tricks

nursetabs

Ready for your shot?
Reaction score
Valentine
Question for the more experienced Valentine players out there: is there a finger/input trick you all use to throw out DCs when you have FS loaded? Try as I might I seem to accidentally end up wasting my FS when I meant to throw a DC. If it helps, i'm using a PS4 controller.

I've tried "flicking" the button in question to minimise the length of my button press but even then I still manage to throw out FS. Perhaps my reflexes are just too slow?

Not a Valentine player so I don't know how DC/FS works but I assume that a tap is DC and holding is FS?
If so, here's a mental trick I learned from trying to short-hop consistently in melee:
Don't think about letting go quickly, think about pressing it as lightly as possible.

As for flicking the button, I don't know how you do it but personally I would swipe it at the very edge of the button. Like, as close to the rim as possible without it not being an input. If it helps, swipe the finger all the way off the controller, though that may present some sort of problem in neutral or in combos? Again, not a Val player. ^-^"

Finally, the most important advice, just grind it out ^-^

but I assume that a tap is DC and holding is FS?
You are correct sir.

Don't think about letting go quickly, think about pressing it as lightly as possible.
Interesting. That's not a bad idea, although it'll be a hard thing for me to do as i'm not very confident on my inputs so I often find myself pressing buttons hard. I'll give it a shot though, thankyou.

If it helps, swipe the finger all the way off the controller
That's sort of what I do already, not too far to cause myself problems though.

Finally, the most important advice, just grind it out ^-^
No problems there. Playing Valentine in SG is the best part of my day.