• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Dec 5, 2014] Northeast Championships 15 (NEC) (Essington, PA.)

I'll be on working on a separate thing so I probably won't be able to room sorry.

It looks like @dekillsage and @Lethalmind are taking pity on me, unless they meant someone else.

I hope so. They usually make pizza happen.

the mans can stay with us. so can @Xephyr and friend if lethal permits but be warned
our room will be a major. I think lolol

Reactions: Hilary
Oh hey, I actually might be able to go to an FGC event for the first time ever. My friend and I tossed the idea around of driving down from college that weekend but we're not so keen on paying for a room, but I guess we can manage...Are there rooms even available anymore? I kinda don't wanna just drive up and back for the tournament itself cus then I'd miss all the other shit that goes on.

When I booked, the only rooms left were 1-bed. It's just @Kstacks and me in our room right now, so we can offer up some floor space if it's cool with him.

Reactions: dekillsage
Wait so just to be sure, My one person room currently has @dapurplesharpie , @LSP , @matlokholmes (all are also in car pool), possibly @winnie and @keninblack . If we wanna get real comfy, I'm sure we can either find room for @ElkyDori and @Outlaw_Spike or possible get another one person room. DMV people please confirm if we want cramped DMV room for hella cheap.

I am going to be in need of a room. Should be getting down there Thursday night or, worst case scenario, Friday night. Yay for first week of December not being a blackout date!

Floor space is all we need really. Just need a spot in the hotel, we're fine with anything. Thanks to all, I'm sure we can just ask whoever said had space when we're actually there, not gonna be a big deal in that regard.

Getting more pumped for this every day. We got 30+ entrants already, but I can't wait to get the final figure with all the people that show up at the door. I wonder if we'll get any big names to just enter the game to try and steal the pot only to get bodied?

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Probably not, no one ever bothered to do that except Chris G and he doesn't really do it anymore. Would be cool to see him play though it was fun watching him at UFGT again.

I mean, I see Justin Wong every now and again on stream playing too, so I don't know who's at what level of active. And you never know who's decided just recently to try and play.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I mean, I see Justin Wong every now and again on stream playing too, so I don't know who's at what level of active. And you never know who's decided just recently to try and play.

Justin prooobably won't enter because he's too busy with more important games i'd imagine haha.

Probably no one, its probably going to be people within the community plus a couple people who feel like entering. We'll see though.

Justin does enter Skullgirls sometimes, but I wouldn't really expect him to. To be honest it seems like he only enters if he thinks it's gonna be really free.

Well...I'M really free...if that's any consolation...

btw while I have this post reserved, anyone else still got any room? Going to see if I can get there late Friday night.

Is Justin even going to NEC? Because I'm SURE he's riding off his HUGE momentum with his BIG win at... Art of Fighting...

(-_-)

@dapurplesharpie @LSP @matlokholmes (and possibly @Outlaw_Spike ) Hotel for friday to sunday is 221.46 so divide accordingly for price. For those in the Bro-mobile (WHY), tolls and fuel will be about 100. Honest question, do people wanna get there earlier or stay later?

wow this is like a triple major

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
YEAH I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THOSE HOT SHOT MAIN SPOT LIGHT GAMES LOOK AT US NOW.

WE COMING TO TAKE PHILLY BY STORM.

Too lazy to skim the thread because who the FUCK has time for that shit?

Will this be streamed or recorded? Even just top 4 or something?

Yeah...so it seems like I can make this thing after all. If someone needs a space filled in a room holla at me, though I'd be getting there hella late on fri. night (leaving right from work to drive there).

I'm about 80% sure right now that I'll be able to go, due to medical situation I'm gonna have to get my own room but if anyone is driving down from VT and has room in their vehicle for me and 2 bins let me know, my car is having issues and I'm not super confident that it can make the drive.

Too lazy to skim the thread because who the FUCK has time for that shit?

Will this be streamed or recorded? Even just top 4 or something?
I haven't heard any word about that at all. Ken said he'd talk to Kick Punch Block, the anime stream, but no word on if we're getting anything. Which is unfortunate, because this is a pretty large tournament for us. Hopefully someone can at least record the matches.

I haven't heard any word about that at all. Ken said he'd talk to Kick Punch Block, the anime stream, but no word on if we're getting anything. Which is unfortunate, because this is a pretty large tournament for us. Hopefully someone can at least record the matches.
I'll cry if I can't see at least top 4 somehow

Literally no one has gotten back to me about anything so I don't know what to tell you xD

We'll probably record them on my phone worst case scenario, but we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Icky
LOOOOOOL

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152474067885778

Games with the most entry's right now.

Ultra.
Uniel
Umvc3
Kof13
Inj
P4u2
GG, Mk9 tied
BB
KI3, Scv tied
AHLM

He doesn't even realize SG is gonna kill several of these. Also lol @ "entry's".

* NOTE: The reason why SG isn't on there is because it's a side tourney and isn't pre-reg. Don't worry! :D

Last edited:
Just have a couple questions since I have no clue what's going on:

What time does everything start on Sunday, like when will people be there to play casuals and such BEFORE the signups and tournaments start? December 5th is when Finals week starts, so my friend and I decided that coming the entire weekend will be suicide, but we can come Sunday to see the finals for all the games and so I can enter the tournament.

Do I need to buy a competitor pass, or just buy a spectator pass and enter SG on the side?

Just have a couple questions since I have no clue what's going on:

What time does everything start on Sunday, like when will people be there to play casuals and such BEFORE the signups and tournaments start? December 5th is when Finals week starts, so my friend and I decided that coming the entire weekend will be suicide, but we can come Sunday to see the finals for all the games and so I can enter the tournament.

Do I need to buy a competitor pass, or just buy a spectator pass and enter SG on the side?

Tournament Sign Ups will start at 10:30 on SUNDAY.

Tournament Sign Ups CLOSE at 11:30 SHARP.

Bracket starts at Noon.

$10/Double Elim/Region Seeded Etc

Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals is 3/5

You can buy a spectator pass and enter sg yes.

Reactions: keninblack
If you are only entering SG and nothing else a spectator pass is fine.

Also the reason we don't have entries shown is because we weren't pre reg, like always, I don't see the problem :/

Thanks Sage <3