• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

So I'm going to be in the eagle rock area at occidental college on the 15th. Would somebody Coming from that direction be able to give me a lift to salty? Would love to go if possible!

Of course willing to chip in for gas/buy you a meal, etc.

EDIT: Ride found. Thank you stuff <3

Last edited:
I just moved to LA a few days ago and @Mike_Z told me to go to Salty. So this Friday I guess I am going to Salty. Is there anything specific I should be expecting/unwritten rules that I should know about?

Reactions: Flotilla
There are no rules other than to not be a jerk. I always break the rules however. Venue is $5 but I dunno if it's $7 now? I forget.

Have you asked around to see if anyone's willing to have you carpool with them? That's totally a thing people do, and it'd save you some gas money.

Also, the regulars have a running joke of writing WingFilia's name as "WingZero" on the stream layout to insult him. If you ever see anyone do this please change it back to WingFilia ASAP

I just moved to LA a few days ago and @Mike_Z told me to go to Salty.
(O.o)
Only if you live close enough for that to be reasonable, eh heh...and yeah, people are more than willing to carpool depending if any live near you.

@EVERYONE
Roy said he'd be there this Friday so hopefully things...improve from last week.

I actually found out half by accident on twitter today that someone lives down the street from my place so I already got a carpool worked out.

Which is nice because I don't actually own a car.

Is there anything specific I should be expecting/unwritten rules that I should know about?
$7 entry at the moment until further notice, please tell the clerks when you arrive. Expect eerie employees until things fix themselves. It is actually ok to leave and come back to get food/items. The house sticks kind of suck!

Sometimes weedlords are rampant so expect that

Not much else?

the wubs, don't forget the wubs

There's an IHOP right next door to the venue. There's also a McDonalds down the street, and a varying range of different restaurants/fast food joints in the near vicinity of the area.

So basically IHOP or nothing (when service isn't terribly slow).

People also tend to get food before/after updates

Reactions: Midiman
You are allowed to get food during the event. The Vampire Savior crew tends to, some of the SG crew does ( we usually get stuff beforehand ), and the Oldbies and VSav crew tend to go later.

@Dolfinh and @EFHRK

I usually go to this awesome Filipino Fusion cafe called White Rabbit before heading over to the venue. Because I think their food is so delicious, I try to spread the love by asking some of the Salty peeps if they want anything.

If you guys want anything, here's their menu below. When you order an entree, you gotta pick a meat to fill it with.

b8a466c88c18c59fe7529f3d04a8fbc6.jpg

Pork Longanisa is a very popular item (rightly so!), but it's usually sold out or in very small quantities whenever I have time to place an order.

As far as entrees go, I recommend the burrito or the carne fries.

That goes for everyone else going to Salty.

I'll take White Rabbit orders. Just tell me what you want, what you really really want, and I'll get it for you. And from now on, I'm gonna ask that people pay me back for their orders. My original goal was to spread the love that is White Rabbit. I think enough people know of the goodness already, so now it's not gonna be free.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
@EVERYONE
Roy said he'd be there this Friday so hopefully things...improve from last week.

and he was for a good 30 minutes or so lol

just long enough to talk about the san antonio vs clippers game and smoke some cigs

and he was for a good 30 minutes or so lol
just long enough to talk about the san antonio vs clippers game and smoke some cigs
Yeap.

THIS WEEK is the Tournament of Champions. I'm not entirely sure what that means for SG, though...

I'm ready for Wing's face on the wall a second time.

I'm ready for Wing's face on the wall a second time.
That ain't happenin', which is probably one of the reasons SG hasn't been talked about much in the Tournament of Champions - because everyone else sucks.
;^)

Mike has no faith in his pals. :c

Mike has no faith in his pals. :c
Divide the number of tournaments Wing's attended by the number he's won.
If someone else wins, we can think about the wall.. :^P

well let's see I know he won scr that one time since then was the evo before scr again evo ufgtx nec uh other majors I dunno about

that's 6/1 I dunno much about wing's tournament career though. I also dunno what that has to do with the whole "no faith in pals" thing have faith in your pals, mike

Last edited:
Have you asked around to see if anyone's willing to have you carpool with them? That's totally a thing people do, and it'd save you some gas money.

Also, the regulars have a running joke of writing WingFilia's name as "WingZero" on the stream layout to insult him. If you ever see anyone do this please change it back to WingFilia ASAP
You're dead to me Flotilla. :/

Reactions: Flotilla
the whole "no faith in pals" thing have faith in your pals, mike
Wing IS my pal!
Also he's apparently not going? So I have lots of faith now.

I didn't get to play Dolfinh at 2 tournaments now...

Thanks for having me everyone. I had a really good time! Good shit to some person and dawn for knocking me out + wing for scraping me hard in casuals. I still have a lot to learn!

I didn't get to play Dolfinh at 2 tournaments now...
Yeah uh sorry Mike, Devita, MMDS, and Rotanibor for not playing casuals with you. I'm glad most of you will at least be at EVO :v

What kind of ihop closes at 9 on weekends lmfao what

The worst kind of IHOP. The WORST KIND. Thanks for comin' out Dolfinh!

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
ya that IHOP is dildos

On the previous Salty! Mike mentioned he'll be a guest on something called "Ultra Chan?" on their Monday show.

timestamp twitch link: http://www.twitch.tv/ugclive/v/5082332?t=13m50s

What is it and where is it? My clueless Googling has led me nowhere conclusive. He sounded like he said "Chan" but I think he might mean Chen, as in, the twitch channel UltraChen? (http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv) If so, when's the show?

Coincidentally, here's an article from 3 years and one month ago: Ultra David and James Chen Welcome Mike Z as UltraChen TV’s Special Guest This Monday

He said ultrachen yeah and likely on the link you provided

What is it and where is it? My clueless Googling has led me nowhere conclusive. He sounded like he said "Chan" but I think he might mean Chen, as in, the twitch channel UltraChen? (http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv) If so, when's the show?

Coincidentally, here's an article from 3 years and one month ago: Ultra David and James Chen Welcome Mike Z as UltraChen TV’s Special Guest This Monday

UltrachenTV's an FGC talk show where the hosts Ultradavid and James Chen usually talk about recent tournament results, FGC-related news, and random stuff at the end. They mainly broadcast on Tuesdays but if they want to run game tutorials/educational "level up your game" stuff, they run a show on Mondays as well. Recently they've been bringing on guests to give tutorials/talk about games that the hosts aren't familiar with, hence MikeZ's guest appearance.

Your link to the show's twitch page is correct.

Look for it on Monday at 8:30 PST, or show up at 8:00 just in case. They usually tweet out an announcement for the show the day they're gonna broadcast.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Confirmed UltrachenTV is at 8:30 PST tonight.

Hey. Let's do things.