• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Do I really need a fightstick?

stronzolo

Reaction score
Steam
stronzolo
Robo Fortune
I have the opportunity to purchase a secondhand madcatz fight stick with full sanwa buttons for 70 Euros, I'm a keyboard player and to be honest i find myself comfortable enough with my 10 euros trust keyboard, BUT, due to the keys being small and really close i had to resort to macros for things like, tag,throws etc.. and playing with 8 or 9 buttons is a bit of an annoyance so i was wondering about buying a hitbox (but it's impossibile to find one secondhanded in my country and they cost a ton when new) or a stick, what i'm looking for is primarily large buttons in a convenient layout but at the same time i'm scared for the stick to require large motions in order to inpput the usual qcf,dp commands.

No. If you like what you have, great. Buy one if you want one, don't if you don't.

The general answer is no.

The specific answer is it might be a good idea. A good Madcatz fightstick for like, less than 100 USD? Depends entirely on if it works, and what systems it works on. Also your money. For me, buying that would be no problem. For you, don't know.

This is the stick
$_57.JPG

It's a customized xbox 360 Street Fighter IV wiht full sanwa components, what intrigues me about fight sticks in general is the "response" of the buttons compared to the keyboard (at least it seems like that in the videos)