• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Does skullgirls have any plan for skins ?

vietbun

Reaction score
Filia Ms. Fortune
It will be great if skullgirls have theme skins as DLCs instead of only color palette like bunny girl Cerebella, Beowulf wolf custom when he works with Annie, sleep over theme, Halloween theme, Christmas theme, etc.

No.

The game uses hand drawn animation, so adding skins like that would require redrawing every single frame of animation for a character. Every character has over a thousand frames of animation. Making one skin would require almost the exact same effort you need to make a whole new character, especially if you want to design different animations for some moves or record some new VO for the skin.

If the devs have the time and the cash to put in that much effort, then they'll just make a new character instead. That's pretty much what happened with Robo Fortune.

Instead of reskins which is next to impossible as Shnarfl said, something that may happen is that characters could have certain items that follow their sprites instead. We have seen with the Umbrella Skullgirl palette that this is technically feasible, so maybe that's something they are planning to expand and monetise in the future.

No.

The game uses hand drawn animation, so adding skins like that would require redrawing every single frame of animation for a character. Every character has over a thousand frames of animation. Making one skin would require almost the exact same effort you need to make a whole new character, especially if you want to design different animations for some moves or record some new VO for the skin.

If the devs have the time and the cash to put in that much effort, then they'll just make a new character instead. That's pretty much what happened with Robo Fortune.
That suck I really want to see my favorite characters have new look and more way to support the devs because I love this game so much

Last edited:
I'm with you on this one, but what they said is that skins require a redraw since the game uses 2D hand-drawn animation, so it's highly unlikely to happen.