• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Doesn't everyone love Sonic? - The Sonic the Hedgehog thread.

I signed, but as far as I'm aware the reason the comics stopped is because Archie has financial problems. And while Sonic is one of the big money makers for them, SEGA is also a big culprit for the cancellation. As with Sonic's popularity on the rise again they would want to hand over the licence to a publisher that can handle their comics with higher respect. Though people are speculating that SEGA will hand over the rights to a publisher like BOOM or IDW, and with any luck Ian Flynn and his team will be able to transfer over with the comic as well if they do transfer to IDW as Ian Flynn writes for the TMNT comics as well. As far as if Archie will let the story stay in contact is probably less likely though.

It's not on the same level of Fossil Fighters Frontier levels of camp, but I still love this level of camp. I can't get enough.

featuring Liam O'Brien as edgy the space time wedgy

you need to fight OCs to save the sonic universe from the sonic fanbase

if this game doesn't end with your OC sacrificing itself to save the world, it's all pointless

The song reminds me of something you'd hear in a edgy 2007 AMV. Kinda love it just for that alone.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
Man this guy out edges even mephilis from 06... That's quite an accomplishment
latest

No word on that, yet.
well as long as there's not too many crossovers (idw has alot of ips)

Mania special stages. They're like Knuckles Chaotix

upload_2017-7-22_20-33-50.jpeg

Here he comes, woker than the rest of them.

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
These look like a pain in the ass. Tbh the only special stages I don't totally hate are the S3&K ones. Mothafuckin blue balls spheres

Switch version has broken street date, be wary of spoilers

Hydrocity's in, heck yeh.

Damn. I dunno if it's better than CD but it's definitely shoulder-to-shoulder

These look like a pain in the ass. Tbh the only special stages I don't totally hate are the S3&K ones. Mothafuckin blue balls spheres
Ugh. I just tried a bunch of these today and I don't know if its:
1. the game is faster
2. my aging more than 2 decades since S3&K
3. maybe just playing on a modern TV with input lag (and not a CRT like in the old days)

but I'm doing WAY worse than I remember at those stages.

On an upside, I saw the credits and noticed a few familiar Lab Zero names in there.

I haven't had problem with blue ball special stages, well at least the classic stages at least. Though the new ones are a fress breath of difficulty, especially since I apperantly have the S3&K ones memorized via muscle memory. But I do have a complaint about the blue balls special stages thou, they break up the gameplay quite a bit at times. Like I love them but I don't need to spend 5 minutes in a special stage to get back to a minute of gameplay to fall back into another 5 minutes of special stage.

That and I glitched the damn 4th chaos emerald stage by jumping for the rings past the ramp which caused the camera to act like fell out of bounds.

Other than that I've been weeping while playing just because of how amazing everything is.

Sonic Mania is fantastic. Feels like the long lost sequel to S3K. That being said, I hope they make a sequel and take more chances with tweaking the formula and adding all new content.

Yeah, blenders are for Chao babies only.

That pyramid stage looks pretty dope. There's an extended video that shows them going inside and there's some pretty sick Unleashed-level cinematic shots.

I would consider pre ordering for those costumes cuz they're actually pretty sick

but then I remembered I am dead set on making Bubsy

83f