• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Double general discussion!

RAT__BABY

gregor samsa but like, a rat
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Steam
rat__baby
Painwheel Big Band Unknown
Talk about everybody's favorite shape shifting monster in here!

So who here agrees with me that SQE double is like ten times better than old Double?

RIP all cat head abusers.

Welcome, real Double players.

Last edited:
yes I really love double now.
10 times better, maybe not.. I still miss 1 meter catheads and assist macro :p

Talk about everybody's favorite shape shifting monster in here!

So who here agrees with me that SQE double is like ten times better than old Double?
It's hard to say. She got better in every area except for cat heads, but cat heads were really good before.

I like everything about double except her current back dash. I used to backdash to avoid conflict and return to neutral, but it's a bit too slow to use that now.
Everything else is better about her. Being able to dhc into catheads is still good, and her resets/damage output is pretty good. Still top 3 imo

Do Anti-Air assists benefit Double? I'm thinking of running Fortune (HK Fiber Upper)/Double or does Hornet Bomber work as a reversal when you're being pressured? What type of assists benefit Double?

Double is great because she can benefit form all types of assists. The best type off assist for her is debatable but anti-air works great and if you can find a way to get a solid combo after the Fortune Hk Fiber upper than you should definitely use it.

Double anti-air options are limited on the ground but she has very good air to air normals.

In terms of reversals, calling an assist is her best option if the assist has some invincibility both of her reversals (light hornet bomber and car super) are unsafe on block so having an assist is very useful.

Sooo? Anyone else happen to run solo Double? Or is it just me? I wanna add an assist character but I really can't decide on who... any help?

Sooo? Anyone else happen to run solo Double? Or is it just me? I wanna add an assist character but I really can't decide on who... any help?
I run solo Double after Peacock dies.

Like winnie said almost any assist is good for Double because you can do whatever blockstring xx Flesh Step + call assist. Invincible uppercut assists are probably the best but all sorts of things would work.

Would Filia's [H] Updo be good? I've been testing with it and I seem to like it. But I also want to add Peacock but I don't want to run a 3 woman team.

Would Filia's [H] Updo be good? I've been testing with it and I seem to like it. But I also want to add Peacock but I don't want to run a 3 woman team.
Updo is a very good assist, yes.

Why don't you want to run 3 characters? Double/Peacock/Filia is a good team. You can have a good defensive assist for Double (Updo) in addition to a good offensive assist (Peacock s.HP). If Double dies, Peacock and Filia work really well together as a 2 character team.

Hmm... I guess I could try it out. The problem with running 3 characters for me is that I quickly forget which button is for which assist. So I just tend to pick one and in some cases I send out the wrong character.

Hmm... I guess I could try it out. The problem with running 3 characters for me is that I quickly forget which button is for which assist. So I just tend to pick one and in some cases I send out the wrong character.
I had that problem when I first started trying to play 3 characters, but you get used to it.

Alright; I guess it isn't so bad. I have to get used to having 3 characters with lower health. I keep forgetting and I fought a solo Cerebella. Needless to say I got wrecked. Practice makes perfect.

Double/Napalm Pillar or Updo is amazing.

If you need a Double point team I'd run that easy.
I'd run Dub/Updo or NP/Lock N Load for full potential though.

J.HP make them block it, call Lock N Load while they're in blockstun, than do the butter dash (command dash) and BAM, you are on the other side and they have to block a cross up Lock N Load. It's OD.

Plenty of setups like that. I think Dub/DP/LNL is the best point Dub team tbh.

I haven't played new dubs yet, but in t minus 5 days I will.
Some things that I love about double:

Good with any assist though I think her best assists are fireball assists and reversal assists. Her car xx pw install is amazing. Command dash plus canceling into assist from a normal should be stupid good.... Such as cr.lk plus assist, st.mk xx command dash for a stupid fast crossup.

Her throw game is fucking amazing in sde and only got better in sqg IMHO since she can now dash airthrow without the dash cancel limiter but still has silly good pw airthrow range.

In particular, j.hp (1 hit blocked) xx j.hk, land into throw is a ridiculously good tick and can flowchart into tons of stuff instead of just a throw.

Catheads meter nerf feels justified as long as throw macro stays in.

The new version of double feels slightly more homogenous with the rest of the cast, but feels so much more effective of a character than as just a cats abuser... Which she can still do.

In sde currently in running pea (st.hp)/double/painwheel and it is a stupid effective team. Peacock gets crossup setups with painwheels mp stinger, and gtfo with mk bomber (this is the best peacock I've had access to yet) and and double gets a free in with painwheel via car into install. Then double takes over at anchor should painwheel die and not be able to make a comeback with up close position plus install, plus mk bomber assist.

If double dies before pw comes in, she's still an amazing anchor cause of flight cancel nails while installed plus stupid good resets. This is the best team I've used so far.

I think people are sleeping on projectile assists right now.

I don't know if she's better, but double with an assist is 2fun2cool. updo all day.

I run point/double/filia you can basically put anyone on point, its a great shell.
Updo/Pillar easily the best assists for her

I dont really like running pillar though, just because parasoul is free on incoming. But you do get a pretty safe dhc car->bikes, also a safer tag
Double/PW also has really good synergy

The new Double/Painwheel tech is way to good IMO. So my new team is going to be Filia/Double/Painwheel with a main focus on Car dhc instal (because who doesn't want full screen mix ups) after Filia is out and being screwed over when they get me down to solo Double.

The new Double/Painwheel tech is way to good IMO. So my new team is going to be Filia/Double/Painwheel with a main focus on Car dhc instal (because who doesn't want full screen mix ups) after Filia is out and being screwed over when they get me down to solo Double.
I'd actually suggest putting Double on point and Filia on anchor. You get a DP assist and the install to help you out :^D

I would except I can't play solo Filia for the life of me. If I ever get in a situation where all I have left is Filia I feel empty without my Double butt backing me up and rarely win the match.
So even though I know its a better team order I'm stuck with point Filia for life.

I would except I can't play solo Filia for the life of me. If I ever get in a situation where all I have left is Filia I feel empty without my Double butt backing me up and rarely win the match.
So even though I know its a better team order I'm stuck with point Filia for life.
I'm the same way, I don't know how to play Filia without an assist. Or with an assist, but I'm even worse at playing her without an assist.

I don't think you'd be screwed when you're left with solo double. Her anchor capabilities improved with the new dash she has and chances are if your point character got rocked you'll have 2 meters to work with. Double/PW is really sick though. I used to run double on point but I stopped when I couldn't dhc out to safety, something that team doesn't suffer from.

Her anchor capabilities improved with the new dash she has
I'm not really sure I follow this part. Dash + assist is obviously good but I don't know how you would make use of the dash with Double by herself.

Solo Double was not bad in SDE because off the abusable cat heads that everyone loves so much but with the ability to use it 3 times before you run out off meter hurts a lot.

Without an assist Double lacks mixups out side of cat heads. All you have is a very slow high (j.hp) a unsafe high (tea cup) or a very predictable low cr.lk and throw (which outside of resets is really easy to read)

Overall Doubles solo game is very weak compared to her SDE comeback potential and if your put in a 1v3 situation with Double being you last character vs the rest of there team your chances of coming back and wining are very slim.

I guess all I'm trying to say is in SDE Double comeback were a whole lot easier than they are now.

Overall Doubles solo game is very weak compared to her SDE comeback potential and if your put in a 1v3 situation with Double being you last character vs the rest of there team your chances of coming back and wining are very slim.
Just to play devil's advocate for a second, it would be hard for any character to make a 1v3 comeback other than Fortune.

Just to play devil's advocate for a second, it would be hard for any character to make a 1v3 comeback other than Fortune.
And Cerebella don't forget her lvl 3 shenanigans.

I just feel useless when I'm in that situation with Double but with other characters I feel like I don't want to give up until the match is over. (thats pretty much my bias opinion)

I'm not really sure I follow this part. Dash + assist is obviously good but I don't know how you would make use of the dash with Double by herself.
I was actually talking about her parasoul dash. It's true that trying to beat someone with solo double is harder, I tried it myself and its really hard to open people up.:( I think she's better than she was in sde if she lands a hit now though thanks to parasoul dash(cross under resets and whatnot), and she has a better time air grabbing people as well.

I never feel hopeless with solo double but I do consistently ask myself "How do I hit this guy?". V-V

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I've never had ANY trouble opening anyone up with double (even at evo people were basically free openings)... Getting in though? That's a different story. But you really can't block double.

I've never had ANY trouble opening anyone up with double (even at evo people were basically free openings)... Getting in though? That's a different story. But you really can't block double.
Yeah my experience is a bit different. Once Double gets a hit she is very strong, now and in SDE but its getting that hit and her over all neutral game that sucks. I'm not trying to say Double is bad I just think that she is the worst character in the game when your full screen and don't have an assist to help you get in.

Double by herself really fits my play style, so I like her as anchor.

Its all about playing a solid, patient air footsie game and baiting them into overextending.

once solo double is in, I feel she has what it takes to make shit happen, as long as you got the reads

Yeah my experience is a bit different. Once Double gets a hit she is very strong, now and in SDE but its getting that hit and her over all neutral game that sucks. I'm not trying to say Double is bad I just think that she is the worst character in the game when your full screen and don't have an assist to help you get in.

Double sucks fullscreen, agreed... But only against teams, I wouldn't contend against that though being able to car any of peacocks bombs on reaction is very good. Also I don't think dubs is that bad fullscreen 1v1... By that I mean she can legitimately get in, 1v1

Point being that she's definitely terrible without cats when she's by herself against multiple characters, but I think most characters are in that situation.

My primary contention though is that double is a monster upclose, before and after hit. Once she shows she isnt afraid to throw people, its a wrap if she has frame advantage... No one is going to just sit there and let her low/throw them. So they inadvertently just let her get free throws or lows cause they are so scared.

Knowing this... Makes me very confident with double even fullscreen. I'm content to just sit back and empty double jump stuff until I see something I like (a dash in or jumpin opportunity, or a opportunity to walk my opponent into the corner)

This almost all stems from how good doubles jhp is and how good of an all around tick throw it is and how hard it is to defend against well.

But before I knew how abuseable that was... I was just doing dash into low /throw... And that itself is stupid good... But presents itself much less often than jhp mixups.

I just go "HORNET BOMBER!!!" and just throw myself at them. But I can't get the same feel with teams as I do when I run solo Double. Unless I add Peacock and start doing BANG, BANG, BANG! and just throw Double's assist out there.

Reactions: winnie
I just go "HORNET BOMBER!!!" and just throw myself at them. But I can't get the same feel with teams as I do when I run solo Double. Unless I add Peacock and start doing BANG, BANG, BANG! and just throw Double's assist out there.
You do realize they can block hornet bomber and proceed to punish with literally any jab?
A random hornet bomber is basically a free combo for your opponent.

You do realize they can block hornet bomber and proceed to punish with literally any jab?
A random hornet bomber is basically a free combo for your opponent.
I know. But take what I said with a grain of salt. I'm not really the type of guy to go rushing in to the brawl without having a game plan of some sort.

Sooooo..... Now that double has a jump cancelable dash.... Can she wield her j.lk the way that parasoul uses j.lp?

Sooooo..... Now that double has a jump cancelable dash.... Can she wield her j.lk the way that parasoul uses j.lp?
What?! When was this?!

Is it not jump cancelable? Or only attack cancelable? I figured since its parasouls dash it behaves the same....

Double doesn't has an air dash, bro. If that's what you're wondering.