• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Double kanchou anomaly

pegglefrank

I am 5000lbs of folded diamonds and sex appeal!
Reaction score
Steam
PeggleFrank
Big Band Beowulf Cerebella
I have a feeling there's something obvious here that I'm missing, but oh well.

Kanchou, Kanchou is useless compared to every other option out there, I know that. But why does the second one do more damage? Do OTG hits get some kind of damage boost that I haven't noticed before? Does that damage boost only appear if it's two specials in a row? Does it have to do with the timing? Is it because the first one sets scaling to a lower number, and the second one resets it? Is it some sort of compensation for doing two raw Kanchous and not putting real, actually damaging chains in-between? Does Kanchou reverse damage scaling slightly, like Fukua's level 5?

I just can't wrap my head around why the second Kanchou does more damage than the first.

Reactions: gllt
It's not only if you do two in a row, any kanchou done a second time in a combo will have 1400 base damage, which is what it did before it got nerfed.

Maybe mike forgot something when he nerfed it? Or maybe he just left it since it's hard to combo after without the wall bounce? But anyway that's pretty cool, I never noticed it before.

@Mike_Z maybe you're interested in this?

Reactions: gllt