• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Double Safejump 50/50-ish

Yeah ive been using that one for awhile now... Its pretty good. Can be done midscreen as well.

Okay so if you upback and they don't wake up with anything and just block the Avery, what sort of mixups can you go for? Looks like you're in range for a crouch short or a dash up throw, but do you have time to do a jumping attack before they're out of blockstun?

I didn't do it in the video because I'm lazy, but you can neutral jump airblock instead of upbacking after tossing avery to stay in their face to come down with a jumping attack, so j.HP fastfall HK pushblock baits, empty jump lows, throws, call assist to hit them in the period after they would exit pushblock, keep subjecting them to j.HK over and over like a dog, the world is your oyster.

That is, after they block avery. There is of course throw/low right when you land but before avery hits.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
It is possible to set up a meaty j.hk safejump with the actual kick part, but it seems quite character specific.

Every character falls to the ground after a slide knockdown at different times, so even though it seems like slide timing is universal, the timing is still different because of the air time... Actually, I need to test this to see if I can get consistent setups by delaying the flesh step until right when I see the purple bounce.

Edit: Tested briefly, as far as I can see slide knockdowns have the same timing! So if you cancel your shit right when they hit the ground you can get more universal/consistent timings on setups! :O Requires further, more rigorous testing. I will test with Valentine slide knockdown.

Last edited: