• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Double Tips and Tricks

I found this a while ago but I've been putting off posting about it until I'd used it enough in real matches to see if it's any good or not. At this point I think it's pretty good. Basically any time you think the opponent might dash at you, you can do c.LK and buffer c.MP. If they dash at you, the c.MP comes out and you get a combo. If they do something else, you just end up whiffing a c.LK, which recovers pretty fast so normally you have time to block if they jumped or w/e. I've mostly been doing this at the start of the round but I think it's probably good any time you're at that start-of-round sort of distance. It's not worth going for against everyone, but against characters with good forward dashes like Fortune/Valentine/Parasoul/other Doubles/etc it's pretty good when you think they're gonna dash in.

In theory there's a range where c.LK can hit but c.MP won't combo, but I haven't had that happen yet. If you're super worried about it you can do c.LK c.HP instead, which always reaches.

Basically any time you think the opponent might dash at you, you can do c.LK and buffer c.MP. If they dash at you, the c.MP comes out and you get a combo. If they do something else, you just end up whiffing a c.LK, which recovers pretty fast so normally you have time to block if they jumped or w/e.
That's most of my ground game with fortune, I do c.lk~s.hp if it hits I can confirm into rekka and if it whiffs it's just a c.lk.

That's most of my ground game with fortune, I do c.lk~s.hp if it hits I can confirm into rekka and if it whiffs it's just a c.lk.
I got the idea from 159man, he does it with Squigly c.LK c.MK. Probably a lot of characters can do something similar.

the only problem with this is that if its a character with a dash (aka not a run, a set-distance dash) they can dash and crouch block and if they block the c.mp you're probably getting punished since c.mp is -9 and puts you right next to them, going into further moves to make it safe opens you up to the risk of being pbgc punished. s.mp and c.mk are both -4, hit at the same range as c.mp or further, and don't move you forward so you have a bit better spacing. You can confirm both into c.hp into combo as well (which you can do with c.mp too but still)

the only problem with this is that if its a character with a dash (aka not a run, a set-distance dash) they can dash and crouch block and if they block the c.mp you're probably getting punished since c.mp is -9 and puts you right next to them, going into further moves to make it safe opens you up to the risk of being pbgc punished. s.mp and c.mk are both -4, hit at the same range as c.mp or further, and don't move you forward so you have a bit better spacing. You can confirm both into c.hp into combo as well (which you can do with c.mp too but still)
If you're worried about PBGC, can't you just confirm whether or not they pushblocked, and don't push any more buttons if they did?

If you're worried about PBGC, can't you just confirm whether or not they pushblocked, and don't push any more buttons if they did?

maybe? idk, if they pushblock super early then your c.mp whiffs anyway, so you'd have to react to a late pushblock which doesn't really seem that easy (seeing as startup + active + recovery of c.mp is 21 frames you probably have to react in 15-20 frames which I know I can't reliably do nvm i can't read ingame frame data but still), and I don't really see any advantages of c.mp over the options double has for the same thing that AREN'T unsafe (to most things) by themselves on block

Last edited:
probably not going to do this on reaction but you should know it can happen

i did round start dash cHP with double (haha im a maniac damn) and it beat round start MBang and got me an HCH

so I looked into it

I already knew cHP was god and I use it all the time now hell yeah mbang sucks im sorry mbang

Reactions: Yomabuddy
Heres a way that you can convert a grab against beat extend into a double snap
beat extend has a longer animation if it hits something which allow this to happen
afaik this is the only way to continue comboing both characters in this situation

Reactions: Shuffleupagus
use negative edge during fridge loops to prevent cats from attacking

Made this at the request of some people in the EU Discord and thought I'd post here:
Here are some more in-depth L Bomber, catheads punishes:

Last edited:
Some more punishes vs Double:

I updated my old resets and burst baits compilation. Full notation and notes in the video description.

Reactions: Fumako