• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Zombies8MyLeg

When in doubt mash it out!
Reaction score
Steam
Zombies8MyLeg
PSN
BlackStormTropa
XBL
Zombies8MyLeg
Parasoul Ms. Fortune Eliza

Well I'm looking forward to this. I've always been a fan of DBZ and it looks like this is gonna be awesome. Feel free to discuss.

Last edited:
I think I saw a Saiyan in a purple gi for a brief moment. Not sure.

Edit: Okay they did actually reveal six characters, I thought it was just five.

Last edited:
Heaven or Hell! Duel 1! LET'S ROCK THE DRAGON!!!

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
not budging until I can use Goku to Full Nelson my enemies into a Special Beam Cannon

What this game really needs is

upload_2017-6-11_16-23-27.png

What this game really needs is

You fool, did you learn nothing from the crossover episode? She would destroy everyone in hte entire cast!

Oh, I feel like Discord is generally conducive to saying stealing and posting low-quality jokes to pass time. Especially for a game that isn't out yet.

Like I said, I ONLY dislike the 3v3 aspect, I hope 1v1 is an option.
isn't that what this is for? the skullgirls game

This being 3v3 with tags and assists makes me interested. Marvel 2 love.

Oh, I feel like Discord is generally conducive to saying stealing and posting low-quality jokes to pass time. Especially for a game that isn't out yet.

Discord is great for organizing games and tournaments as well though.

@Jutsei me too, I don't like being forced to play more than 1 character at a time, my brain can't handle it.
It also just generally doesn't fit with the theme of the show, pretty muche very fight in DBZ Is 1on1, with everyone taking a sideline, SOMETIMES with characters helping.
Well, the most dramatic fights, at the very least.

isn't that what this is for? the skullgirls game
If I asked "why doesn't Street Fighter use quarter-circle plus grab input for command grabs?" saying "Skullgirls already does it" is not a good response (I'm not picking on Street Fighter specifically, it's just a game that uses two-button grabs).

Low quality stream gameplay. Looks fucking insane. And really really fun. Seeing the Xrd graphics used for something that isn't Xrd is really exciting.

Some notes

-Dust from GG is present, functions identically it seems
-DHCs are present
-When a character dies, the next character comes zooming in in a cinematic and the match restarts sort've like a new round, so no incoming mixups like in Marvel
-You can charge up meter manually like in the Naruto Storm games
-Golden Freeziepop is an install, costs 3 meters
-Up to 6 levels of meter??? Holy shit

I want this really hard right now. Talk about being blindsided by a game.

This the dbz game i dreamed of but thought it had no chance of actually happening
Bless Bandai Namco and Arc System Works for this.

Reactions: Ninja
That sure looked like an Instant Kill... naturally, they're more reigned-in by the nature of the game.

And it wouldn't be a DBZ game without the ability to charge for super meter. :P

I expect Kid Gohan to be top-tier because he can crouch under all the standing punches. :P

Also that homing attack the Saiyans have looks preeetty cool. I don't expect it to have as much depth as Arcana Heart homing though, that's a core mechanic.

Looks awesome and beautiful and it's everything I ever wanted.

Does MikeZ hate it yet? :PUN:

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
The controls
DCKq0ylVYAAtTnH.jpg

My brain hurts... give me A, B, C, D and tell me macros using that language...

basically it's marvel controls only for some of the more advanced stuff it requires double button presses just like in GG.

Okay looking closer... that's not a burst? It's like, a super mode that recovers red health? I hope it's an actual burst too.

Hm, looks like it might be possible to DHC without using your point's super first.

Looks like everyone has the homing, a Super Dash. Wonder how integral it'll be. And we'll see how powerful that unblockable Dragon Rush is.

Dragon Rush is just throw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: erkicman
Oh really? Is it a throw with some range? There was this exchange of blows in one of the gameplay videos that looked like it could be a throw tech, so maybe that's two dragon rushes.

Does that mean you can just jump away then?

I would assume so. I have to rewatch the gameplay footage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk