• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dragon's Crown

Sanger Zonvolt

Best Marie in NA
Reaction score
I've been playing this game quite a lot, who hazit, who wants to co-op?

Right now a 86 Sorceress, planning on making other characters after maxing her out, played a bit of the LoC alone, got destroyed because the NPCs are terrible in there, need party members for sure there. Also a new patch is coming out soon as well!

So have a favorite class so far?

tumblr_mr72ozcXjs1qb1m9to1_500.gif

Reactions: SanoBaron
Amazon would have to be my favorite class at the moment. I love the fact that she gets stronger the more damage you take and the more hits you do to opponents in rapid succession. She becomes so fast and so powerful, it's like blast processing.

No other class has given me enjoyment. Plus she also has a tempest (the spinning air move). That sold me.

Got it on launch day, haven't played it nearly as much as I thought (In general I've had a game burnout, but that might because I don't like the thought of my PS3 Overheating in summer), but I have taken a liking to the Dwarf. Chain throws for days, son!

I still haven't decided who I prefer. It's either Fighter, Elf, or Amazon.

What what? The game is released already? Preordered it and Amazon did not ship it yet :( You guys are from good old Murica, right?

More than likely.
Maybe you got some shipping issues?
I don't think so. It says: "Release: 11th of October", so I think Germany gotta wait :D

Oh yeah, Europe usually gets games late.
Which kinda sucks :/ Especially when it comes to fighting games. I don't even want to know how long we gotta wait for the new BB -.-

Got it on launch day, haven't played it nearly as much as I thought (In general I've had a game burnout, but that might because I don't like the thought of my PS3 Overheating in summer), but I have taken a liking to the Dwarf. Chain throws for days, son!

Exactly the reason why my ps3 often gets shelved during the Summer, this increase in humidity as of late isn't helping things either.
Got the game release day but had to wait a while to play it, beat normal with my main class, the Sorceress, and have started each class already, though I haven't played them nearly as much. Currently working toward finishing hard mode with her. I've got about some 40+ hours put into it and it's been as every bit of fun as I had hoped.

Reactions: Jutsei
I'll have to get to playing it soon.
I need to crack down and play my games.
THis one included.
Though I do definitely love the combat, feels great...on the Dwarf, at least.
Can't vouch for any of the other characters

Yeah, the game is crack. Already beat it with the Elf and Amazon, and now I'm working on the Sorcerer. I plan on beating it with everyone and then maxing out my favorite character (currently the Elf, in all her adorableness)... as soon as I get done with Project Diva F. I need my Miku fix. >.>

Been playing it since I got it. I've been murdering in pvp and dungeons with the Elf and the Amazon.

AMAZON MASTER RACE REPORTING

Only managed to get it about a week ago. Just entered Infernal difficulty with Amazon and am currently finishing quests with both DORF! and Sorceress before beating the end boss and go into Hard mode with them.
And I want to start a Elf build...why don't these games come when I actually have all the time in the world for them? <:3

Jutsei said:
Europe usually gets games late.
Strong nominee for the 'Understatement of the Year' Awards.

Reactions: Jutsei
Looking for players to play through the LoC if anyone is interested, the NPCs are useless there.

Last edited:
Looking for players to play through the LoC if anyone is interested, the NPCs are useless there.

What's your PSN? I'll join.

So, does anyone wanna party together later today?

Boobs

In all seriousness a great game. And boobs.

Before the game released, ya'll know I was constantly up it this thread. But, during the time games release and SH being down, i ended up trading my ps3 to pay off my XBO. Dragon's Crown was the game that made it a very, very tough call. I will probably buy a Vita later(soon), just to play this game again. Sorceress was awesome.

XBO... As in Xbox One?

... Why?

Yes, an Xbox One. I Just wanted to go on an pay mine off, thats all. Once MS reversed the policies. And I took a hard look at the games I personally want for next gen, most were multiplatform(FFXV, The Evil Within, Child of Light, KH3, Battlefield 4, Destiny). And some were XBO exclusives(like KI, Halo, Titanfall(timed) etc...). and when pre-orders for it opened back up during Gamescomm, I finally, just went all in.

I'd consider that this thread is worth a good reviving now that the latest patch is out. Two thoughts about it, so far.

1. the color markers at the bottom are actually pretty helpful when the game starts getting REALLY hectic.

2. HOOOOOOOLY crap Wizard got buffed hard.

Reactions: Balder and Jutsei
Now, before I say this, I'm not trying to say the game is sexist or anything, or trying to white knight anything, but the Sorceress's breasts bouncing looks...really weird. It's almost like they have a mind of they're own. I mean, I like bouncing breasts as much as the next guy, I main Valentine, but something about the way they're animated seems weird. That being said, I still want this game, it looks fun

Last edited:
It's actually pretty hilarious. How she has to lean back to avoid not getting slapped in the face with them.

So I just started to delve into the Labyrinth proper and oh boy! am I in for a treat. With a Lv90-ish character I was already feeling the heat with Lv84-89 enemies. <:3
Anyway, been reading some things and I'm starting to think I made a chain of poor choices all round in terms of builds. With that mind, I'd like ask for some opinions on the matter, chiefly for the Sorceress.
Overall, all my builds are focused on PvE.
For Common skills, I put +100HP, Lv2 Nutritionist, max evade (except for magic users) and Deep Pockets.
Sorceress - a obvious support character but I got this "lone wolf" bs mentality and always try charging in solo. I invested on skeleton minions, Curse, Rock Press and Blizzard (basically not giving a damn about "support").
Amazon - my highest leveled character is all about SPIN TO WIN, Power Smash, Brandish, War Paint, Punisher and Berserk. I've no points on Parry (I always favor evading) and now I'm reading she's supposed to be all about parrying and Power Smash is useless. orz
Dwarf - even more straight to the point; grabs, Pump Up, Power Smash, barefisted damage and Frenzy. I haven't put any points to item skills but I might invest on Magma Bracers and Powder Mastery to buff those.
Elf - shanking build. 'nuff said.
Fighter - I seem to be putting points into everything and at Lv65 he almost feels complete but priorities were Cyclone Masher and Tempest Edge, the obvious auto-pilot skills.
Wizard - still a little green but invested/investing on Concentrate, Slow, Storm, Meteor Smash and Extinct.

Btw, got a Sorceress/Wizard question: I noticed some folks firing more than 3 magic shots. How can I get that? Is it skill or weapon based? I know some weapons add +1 magic shot but I'm seeing folks fire like 5-6.

Also, any of you guys tried PvP yet? If so, any tips?
I played my first and only match with some JP dude with the most cowardly Amazon in all of Hydeland, just going from corner to corner and shoot Neck Breaker waves. I was using Dwarf, who can't do anything since Amazon can both block and evade anything he does, even the grab lunge and both his reach and speed are pitiful. #SaltCrown
Overall, IMHO I think this should be put in a matter that characters only go with their starting gear with leveled up skills and skill items. Even with potions disabled, players can still heal with other items and the retribution effects lend the fights a certain degree of unpleasant randomness.

i run a Lv. 80-something Sorceress.
beat the game with everyone already - working on Elf (60-something?). while Elf is not my highest level character, i think she's really my favorite (second being Sorceress). it's been a while since i last played though.

EDIT:
Btw, got a Sorceress/Wizard question: I noticed some folks firing more than 3 magic shots. How can I get that? Is it skill or weapon based? I know some weapons add +1 magic shot but I'm seeing folks fire like 5-6.

it's a weapon-based thing. i have a staff for my Sorceress with +2 Magic Missles.

Reactions: Balder
My Elf and Amazon are definitely great for LOC runs. Sanger can back me up on this since he's partied up with me before.

it's a weapon-based thing. i have a staff for my Sorceress with +2 Magic Missles.
Just a little later I got a weapon with such a effect. (.__.)

Speaking of staffs, I got a very interesting one for the Wizard - the Punishing Punisher, likely forged by the grand archwizard, Xzibit.
"Yo dawg, we heard you like to punish so we put punishment in your Punisher so you can punish while you punish."
On a overall gear note, I wonder if there's any limit to the amount of equipment available? Since it's just assorted, mostly invisible effects I can see the game managing to generate a near unlimited amount of combinations. As if the 500 inventory slots didn't feel insufficient enough; at this point I'm only keeping S/A rank platinum equipment.

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of JP narrators and maybe a overall option to mute them (they do get old after a while) but from the ones available, what's your favorite? Mine's definitely Erin Fitzgerald just for the Forest Hermit voice. That must have been a really funny recording.

Ran floors 15-19 solo and now I see why folks say bots are useless; dumbasses can't make it out of one room alive.
Demon Lord? More like Bullshit Lord. Why don't you shoot Killer Rabbits out of your nostrils while you're at it?!
Salt levels: Annie fanbase

I'm pretty close to platinuming this and the only tricky one left is getting 100000 in one strike. I'm thinking of Meteoring some 'shrooms in Infernal once my Wizard gets properly strong but are there any alternatives?

Apologies for these assorted musings but I also wanted to let you guys know, there's a new patch in the works. I had to run these runes through Google translator but it seems that besides the usual netcode improvements there will be some retouching on Amazon's Berserk, likely changing it back as a lot people complained about the nerf.
http://dragons-crown.com/info/2013/09/ps3psvita-1.html
EDIT: DDB'ed orz (thanks, by the by)
The interface changes alone are VERY much welcome. The new markers while helpful are a nasty contrast and knowing I won't lose my character in a tornado or a blizzard of numbers is very, very appreciated.
Now, all I'd ask would be a Repair Powder added to Morgan's Shop.

Really, the Amazon Nerf complaints were just whining that she wasn't braindead anymore.

Reactions: Jutsei and Balder
I could almost swear I break bows a lot more quickly...

Are Elves still overpowered?
TVTropes claim they can be gamebreakers.

It still feels the same to me when I use her.