• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Drm-free from humble bundle does not start

greywolftail

Reaction score
Ms. Fortune Squigly
Hi!

I bought the large humble bundle with drm-free skullgirls (which is why I bought it for in first place, got happy about drm-free skullgirls), which was a while ago, but only know tried to play it. I got a strange bug or error that every time i start the game i cannot play it. Have a black screen in window mode with a white square in top left corner. I stays in that way long time with no response, but when i press on the screen it it just errors and need to be closed down. I looked is some steam forums, and found out that maybe videosetting.bin needs to be deleted in my documents/skullgirls/save game i think, but there is no folder or file for the drm-free version. Can someone help?
skullgirls error.jpg

I don't actually know where SG puts the savedata for the DRM free version, it might be the same place?

Anyway, I am not sure that is your problem. Have you tried installing DirectX9?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35
Some versions of Windows 7 do not ship with it, and because you aren't using the Steam version you didn't automatically get it from Steam when you installed SG.

Thanks you very much. The DirectX9 installation helped to fix the problem.