• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dud Hatred Guard

ElkyDori

No Quarter
Reaction score
Steam
Elky Dori
PSN
ElkyDori
Painwheel Cerebella
@Mike_Z

Occasionally, Hatred Guard doesn't seem to activate during charged s.HP or c.HP. The animation has the standard HG delay, but without the visual effect and armor properties. Playing mostly online, not sure if this is a netplay quirk. Haven't yet reproduced it in a local match. If additional video samples are needed, let me know and I'll comb my archives.

AHA. Thank you!

This is indeed possible offline, although not on all normals, so far cr.LP, s.MP, s.MK, s.HP, cr.HP.
You can do it by pressing the button again after the period where you needed to be holding it to get armor+charge is gone. Kinda like... tap~hold.
It's pretty easy to do on s.HP and cr.HP, you kinda press it again right before she starts to swing, harder on the others.
If this were fixed, you would be unable to get the charged normal by pressing the button again at that point (rather than being able to start armor that late).

Lemme see what I can do to fix it.

I just jumped in training mode, and I see exactly what you mean. I guess the damage boost is unrelated to the other properties since it's still there on the charged HP's. If this results in the same input hiccup tossing out a standard normal with corresponding startup and damage, it'd be a big help.

Thanks, Mike!