• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebella Easier re-stand for j.LP?

Rynozilla

Guess what I'm watching
Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
Steam
Rynozilla
Eliza Squigly Filia
This is kind of a dumb request, since it feels like I'm the only person with this problem. But can j.LP be made easier to rapid fire? It's really unreliable for me, so I never end up using it since Bella has so many other tools anyway.

how easier?
just mash the button, simple as that.

Go to the lab and practice it's use.

I'm not the best at timing...

I thought you were trying to rapid fire j.lp, or are you trying to specifically time the move? If you just want the move to keep coming out in quick succession then there's literally no timing involved in the execution. All you have to do is mash the button a bunch, and you don't even really have to mash it that fast. The execution barrier is already really low, there's no need to make this move easier to use.

I thought you were trying to rapid fire j.lp, or are you trying to specifically time the move? If you just want the move to keep coming out in quick succession then there's literally no timing involved in the execution. All you have to do is mash the button a bunch, and you don't even really have to mash it that fast. The execution barrier is already really low, there's no need to make this move easier to use.
I've actually tried both mashing, and timing it. Both are odd. If the execution barrier is low already, I think I may just suck.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
I've actually tried both mashing, and timing it. Both are odd. If the execution barrier is low already, I think I may just suck.

But what is the problem exactly? Is the move not coming out fast enough, or are you dropping the combo on the re-stand? Both of those are completely different issues.

But what is the problem exactly? Is the move not coming out fast enough, or are you dropping the combo on the re-stand? Both of those are completely different issues.
Re-stand drop. Assuming that's totally different from the topic of the thread?

Re-stand drop. Assuming that's totally different from the topic of the thread?

I had originally assumed that you meant you were having difficulty actually rapid firing the move, but it seems that what you're actually having trouble with is successfully executing the re-stand. Next time try being more specific in your post :P

Check out the video Colossi posted, it's a good guide for consistently executing the re-stand. I wouldn't expect Mike to make any changes to the move, so you're better off just spending a little bit of time practicing it.

j.lp mash -> j.lk right before you touch the ground -> st.lp works.

No problem. I myself hate the j.lp -> st.lp restand so I know your pain

Thanks. I also bring it up because Mike changed Val's s.MP.

That's a little different though; there were cases where the vacuum effect was causing the opponent's body to fall out of it after hit/restand rather than pulled in.

Bella jLP just takes a lot of practice/patience.

Reactions: Rynozilla
j.lp mash j.hp is the EASIEST chain for me. I get it 100% of the time on most characters, and Squigly/Bella get hit probably 95% of the time. Though maybe my mashing level evolved from all my years playing DBZ games with the dang beam struggles and physical clashes.

This is kind of a dumb request, since it feels like I'm the only person with this problem. But can j.LP be made easier to rapid fire? It's really unreliable for me, so I never end up using it since Bella has so many other tools anyway.
Maybe this is not exactly the issue you have at hand, but when performing j.LP mash into j.HP what I do is to press LP+HP at the same time (quickly after the last LP) in order to chain the last j.LP into the j.HP, so it would be something like this: j.LP (mash up to 7 times I think) ---> j.(LP+HP). Hope this help you.

Maybe this is not exactly the issue you have at hand, but when performing j.LP mash into j.HP what I do is to press LP+HP at the same time (quickly after the last LP) in order to chain the last j.LP into the j.HP, so it would be something like this: j.LP (mash up to 7 times I think) ---> j.(LP+HP). Hope this help you.
Thanks for the help, I'll try this out

Reactions: Huesoman