• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Boss Version: an idea

Metafogos

Reaction score
Steam
Metafogos
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Mike Z already said about Eliza are initally planned to be a Boss Character. So i have a simple idea to her be a boss fight in some fashion different then his normal self without make more frames. Is simple:

The Eliza Boss fight is a special player characters (one, two or three) against two opponents, each one with a power of a solo character. This opponents are Eliza and Sekhmet!! But the battle always start with Eliza, and Sekh only enter in battle after Eliza defeat (she not enter, she go out from the defeated Eliza). Because this, Eliza cannot "change to Sekh mode" in his battle, and not call a Sekh assist.

Is a simple way to make her a boss battle :D

If Lab 0 wants "spend more money/time", can be make a special transition between the rounds (like the Marie transformations) or even change details from the stage or even the music (something like transform Maple stage in the Nightmare in Maple, per example)

What you guys think?

Reactions: SmashBlade
no thanks, Marie is enough

or just give her 300% life, impossible to grab/launch, a fancy aura effect with blood and let people cry about it.

but seriously, lab zero is with both hands full. don't know if they have time or resources to program another boss

no thanks, Marie is enough

:(

But Mike already says about other bosses, like a Giganto. Eliza can be a good sub-boss.

And not need so much program... only a special AI (to make her not change to Sekh and the Sekh not change in Eliza) and a special Mode Change. The others already in game (or be it then Eliza hits).

but that costs time and money which the L0 do not have much of either

This actually sounds really cool! Worth talking about even as a what-if situation.
I like your idea about Eliza resetting health and coming in locked as Sekhmet for the 2nd half, but the trend is for the boss fight to get tougher as things go along.

Your idea got me thinking: Boss Eliza first starts out as solo Eliza with all regular options available. Then you defeat her...
Next you must defeat a duo team of Eliza with Sekhmet in 2nd slot. She can call and use Sekhmet assists. Can DHC and switch to Sekhmet-locked self.
After you defeat those you must defeat a team of three elizas. Each able to call the other Eliza as an assist. After you defeat an individual Eliza she becomes locked as Sekhmet version, with restored health.

Can such a boss fight be beatable? Would that idea be Eliza 600%

This actually sounds really cool! Worth talking about even as a what-if situation.
I like your idea about Eliza resetting health and coming in locked as Sekhmet for the 2nd half, but the trend is for the boss fight to get tougher as things go along.

Your idea got me thinking: Boss Eliza first starts out as solo Eliza with all regular options available. Then you defeat her...
Next you must defeat a duo team of Eliza with Sekhmet in 2nd slot. She can call and use Sekhmet assists. Can DHC and switch to Sekhmet-locked self.
After you defeat those you must defeat a team of three elizas. Each able to call the other Eliza as an assist. After you defeat an individual Eliza she becomes locked as Sekhmet version, with restored health.

Can such a boss fight be possible?
probably not there is a reason why we can't have 3 of the same characters on the same team

My tip: if you can donate $ 3000 for lab zero so they could implement that, go ahead. If not, you're kinda abusing their kindness asking for it

My tip: if you can donate $ 3000 for lab zero so they could implement that, go ahead. If not, you're kinda abusing their kindness asking for it
He/She/It/Teacup is suggesting it, not demanding/abusing.
Personally, in the case of a boss fight, I don't think this is a good idea. Sekh mode might be an necessary part of Eliza's gameplay (combos, neutral, etc) and removing the ability to change may handicap her options and make her weaker as a boss.