• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Story mode Living Weapon's origin theory

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters

FunkyHellboy

The nicest Guy
Reaction score
Steam
FunkyHellboy
XBL
FunkyHellboy
Filia Squigly Big Band
In Eliza's story mode we are given a darker story then most of the other stories in Skullgirls. So it is a perfect fit that it is used to explore darker themes about the Skullgirls universe such as where do living weapons come from?
If you want to watch a video on my theory then click here

The Theory: Living weapons are just lobotomized parasites
The evidence:
aaasdw.PNG
When Eliza tells Cerebella that Vice Versa's power is NOT her's
  • The fact that she felt the need to tell Cerebella that Versa's power is not her's and the fact that Eliza is very power hungry for the Parasites to have and use all the power at their disposal. This shows that she wants people to know that living weapon's power is not theirs but the weapon's.
sddfd.PNG
When Eliza talks to Samson
  • Eliza says that they reduce their brethren to mere tools (Weapons)
Also in Skullgirls canon Living weapons have no free will and rely on humans. Remember Eliza almost tore the whole world with her plans. This means that after she was stopped people would be deathly afraid of parasites and people with parasite which explains why having one is frowned upon, but wouldn't you think that a government in wars like the Canopy Kingdom would not see a use for their power. Knowing this the kingdom would come to the smartest solution and lobotomize the parasites and rename them as living weapons. This allows people to use a Parasite's power without the chance of it getting out of control and the public feels safer knowing that the power is in human hands.

So what do you guys think am I crazy or does this make perfect sense tell me in the comments below.

Yah makes sense
Makes me wonder what kind of personality Living Weapons had before they were toolerized

I like to think Vice-Versa was a bodybuilder type person and Krieg was a gentleman who enjoyed his tea

I say that is a very likely theory happening in the story. With the definition of Theology and Theonite, I say there is some deeper stuff in general for the world of Skullgirls.

Yea I'm hoping there are other theories I can make videos one so tell me if there is any I should cover.

What if Eliza had met Parasoul and Peacock? Parasoul has Krieg and Peacock has Avery or those eyes things on her arms

Something to note, there may be levels of "weaponizing", since some weapons are completely weapons, but others have what appears to be personality. Vice Versa shows personality and emotions outside of Cerebella, and Hungren seems like he may as well.

Something to note, there may be levels of "weaponizing", since some weapons are completely weapons, but others have what appears to be personality. Vice Versa shows personality and emotions outside of Cerebella, and Hungren seems like he may as well.
Those different levels would be used on less experinced handlers as the parasite would be able to assist them in a fight (Since they kinda need a human handler) kinda like how Samson does alot of the fighting with Filia by doing most of the work.

What if Eliza had met Parasoul and Peacock? Parasoul has Krieg and Peacock has Avery or those eyes things on her arms
Peacock's parasites are artificial so Eliza probably would have been disgusted with them, and Krieg has probably been lobotomized to the point where he cannot talk. Though she might recognize him

I don't think that's right.
I don't think that Living Weapons are just weakened forms of Parasites, I think that they were an attempt to create something as powerful as a Parasite but without all the downsides. I think that the only relation between Weapons and Parasites is that they are both made from Theonite. Granted that's very close relation but it's more like the difference between Humans and Monkeys, while your theory makes them sound like Wolves and Dogs.

Also Lobotomized isn't a good word to describe what you're trying to tell us. Living Weapons behave like animals not like lobotomized humans, that's a very different thing that you'll see if you look it up.

More out there theory:

Parasites and Living Weapons are the way they are because of a curse. Sehkmet slays Queen Lamia's daughters, things happened which is why Leviathan and Samson hold her responsible, Double/Skullheart are pretty much continuing her grudge or curse, willing servants to the Queen for eternity. There was a reference from Sehkmet about make things like they use to be.

Skullgirl is the manifestation of Queen Lamia's wrath or herself, wishing for the world to feel her despair, maybe even seeking to destroy/reset it.

y'know what, what if parasites are those Born NATURALLY from theonite, their personalities could be explained through a natural process that takes place over time much like how a featus develops maybe even with a dash of how evolution works.

Whereas, Living Weapons could just be man made and manufactured out of theonite, so it might be impossible for such a process to even occur, so your left with a underdeveloped and limited brain, with only just enough mental capacity to be sentient. Its much akin to the scientific explanation that have attempted to explain zombies, with most brain functions shut down or non existant save the few that make them want to eat and allow them to move and react.

on the point where I said Living weapons could have a brain, where they have just enough of it to be sentient. This idea could explain how the living weapons are controlled, where their brains are at a stage they can be sentient, they may be also at a point where their minds can be stimulated by the minds of more developed beings.

I mean, I cant say this for Krieg, but you can almost visually see it with bella as she wears vice as a hat, not to mention her bio states she has a mental bond with vice (I think) so this would explain that she gets vice to move by certain stimuli from her thought waves to his mind or his semblance of one, same could be with krieg, hes stimulated into action to fire tears.

as for other people not being able to use vice, they probably just dont know what it takes to stimulate vice or even if they did it right it might not even be anywhere near strong enough to get him to act, Cerebellas quite headstrong and her personality is very in your face so her mental proddings could be very similar

EDIT: I have a sinking suspicion ive mixed up Living Weapons with synthetic parasites... Living Weapons are manufactured right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
First I'd just like to say that I really like your theory there Maysey, it matches well with what I'm thinking.
To answer your question, Living Weapons are created by master weaponsmiths while Synthetic Parasites are created by scientists. The former are barely sentient as you pointed out, but there has been no evidence to show that the same goes for the latter. Synthetics are more like machines really, like prosthetic attachments.
So no, you haven't gotten anything mixed up.

Reactions: maysey
Parasites need to be attached to their hosts, or at least a part of their host in order to survive or function. Living Weapons don't. Parasites also can't change host without killing the previous one while Living Weapons don't really cause the user any harm if they stop wielding it. Both have a lot in common of course but I don't think it boils down to Living Weapons being less sentient versions of Parasites. They are more fundamental differences than that.

Reactions: Denizen
Just wandering the forum, and I found this... That is BRILLIANT! Haven't been able to get Eliza yet, but now I'm REALLY excited!
Thanks man I try.

Good ideas! I had similar theories in the Lore Speculation Thread, and was directed here by Zen. This also opens up a ton of potential history behind the Living Weapons along the lines of who they were before.
Just you wait to see how I will literally break down ALL walls of the Skullgirls Lore.
I'll link to it here later tonight

Just try not to get so caught up in your own theories that you start to think that they're facts.

Just try not to get so caught up in your own theories that you start to think that they're facts.
Trust me I do know that they are still theories bit a little bit up hype behind the next thing is going to force me to work harder on the theory and avoid any mistakes....hopefully
Also the next theory is about, Theonite

Edit: Just recorded it and it clocks in around 15 minutes of minds being blown, even my own because while recording I came up with a theory on the the Skullheart's origin and real purpose.

Last edited:
It is coming
Theonite.png
Edit: its is here!

Last edited: