• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Trial 1

LittlePrinceRex

Amateur Bird and Cat Lover
Reaction score
Steam
LittlePrinceRex
Eliza
I'm a pretty beginner player trying to learn Eliza, so I decided to hop into the trials mode and try to do the first combo:
j.HP > Air Dash > j.LK > j.HP
c.LK > c.MK > s.HP(x3)
Upper Khat (HP)
j.MK > j.HK

I've got the first two lines down, but whenever I use Upper Khat, I can never seem to launch the enemy high enough so that I can hit them with the j.MK>j.HK (a lot of the time it hits them but they barely lift off the ground). Is it a timing thing, or is it more likely my positioning?

You're probably waiting until the opponent hits the ground before doing Upper Khat, if it hit them off the ground it won't launch. You want the Upper Khat to connect during the bounce from the third hit of s.hp, just before they hit the ground.

here's a video of what it looks like

there's a .25 speed option on youtube

Reactions: LittlePrinceRex
You're probably waiting until the opponent hits the ground before doing Upper Khat, if it hit them off the ground it won't launch. You want the Upper Khat to connect during the bounce from the third hit of s.hp, just before they hit the ground.
Thanks, yeah I'm pretty sure that's the issue. I definitely need to work on quickly executing the Z motion after other inputs (and in general).