• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

EVO 2014 Craziness

Sliced_Toast

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sliced_Toast/
Big Band
Hey there everyone at the SG forums I just wanted to share a little bit of a story with you for what I did at EVO 2014. Its nothing crazy, or wacky, but it turned out to be pretty funny and awesome at the same time. As most of you may or may not know I run Solo band, and I get a lot of flack for it. Mostly in the form of "Can't win in tournaments with a solo, that is lame, etc.) So I want to give a huge shout out to @Icky for helping me with everything before EVO, I became a better band player because of him. So for this to make sense, after training with him one night we came on the question of what was the hardest character to deal with as Big Band. We got onto the character of Fukua, since she is just mean to fight against. I asked Icky, "What is the best way to deal with Fukua?" He responded, "Put down the controller, get a piece of paper and write a stern letter to @Mike_Z ". I about died laughing at the comment, so I did it for real. I made a letter addressed to Mike Z, put my own seal of toast on it (wax stamp with the outline of a slice of toast with the initials ST on it). The letter read like this.

Dear Mike Z,

Please Fix Fukua.

Sincerely,
The SG community.

P.S. This is a joke by the way.

He actually laughed hard at it, it made me smile in a small way. So in return he wrote on a post card and gave it to me, so here is the response that he gave in picture form :).

qF26VdH.jpg

ZatLK9e.jpg

If you can't read it I shall type it out as well. It says

Dear SG Community,

L2P

Cordially yours,
Mike Z "Your God"

669 Whiners' Lane, Complainville, Everywhere

That's hilarious that you actually followed through with the letter haha Glad I was able to provide some help, sorry for disappearing not too long afterwards, just going through a rough time in my "fighting game life" if that makes any sense

Don't know if it's coincidence or not, but the Fukua beta uploaded some changes to her today. On a smaller scale, in the non-beta Fukua's jumping HK was reduced from active 3F to 1F to fix a bug.

These are the beta changes btw:
- Fukua's Drill Of My Dreams is now possible in the air; pre-flash startup is now 6f.
- Fukua's command throw startup 4f->8f, damage 1800->2000.
- Fukua's fireballs: damage 350->700, chip dmg 150->300; decrease hitstun/blockstun on all fireballs to ground LP fireball values; air fireballs do not bounce.
- Fukua's airthrow now regular techable knockdown, but much easier to combo into air fireball super after it.
- Fukua's BFFs startup +3f, increases the window to whiff a throw and still block the super from 1f to 4f.

Most of these are considered nerfs. The Fukua players are all upset in their subforum.

Does that mean Mike Z actually listened? :PUN:

Last edited:
Does that mean Mike Z actually listened? :PUN:
I had a list, none of which I could do until after Evo because we already put out the console patch.
Then Evo happened, at which the letter was delivered.
Then Evo was over so I could do stuff.
So, no. Not really.

There's a large difference between people complaining about a character and whether I think a 3/4 screen hitconfirm that you don't have to commit to at all, on an already easy character, should be changed. I don't mind that she's easy.

I had a list, none of which I could do until after Evo because we already put out the console patch.
Then Evo happened, at which the letter was delivered.
Then Evo was over so I could do stuff.
So, no. Not really.

There's a large difference between people complaining about a character and whether I think a 3/4 screen hitconfirm that you don't have to commit to at all, on an already easy character, should be changed. I don't mind that she's easy.

Well I still had a blast giving you said letter sir, if you ever find yourself with some free time I would be honored to play some casuals with you.