• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

EVO 2014 Lineup Announced, Skullgirls Still #BiggestSideTournament

CEO miight happen but probably not because since I did it last year I wanna switch it with UFGT but damn :(

Civil War?
When is that again? I can pretty much do anything on this coast if I know in enough time.

When is that again? I can pretty much do anything on this coast if I know in enough time.

Well if thats the case ECT is probably THE EC tournament to go to and that'll happen sometime in May, no date confirmed. Jersey doe

Reactions: iLoli
FR is in March, right?

Then ECT?

THEN CEO, or is that the other way around?

I'm pretty sure someone will want to go to ECT with me.

I'm pretty sure I'll be a both FR and CEO.

Doubt evo, doe.

If ten or more show up, I wouldn't mind running things, maybe a pixelsarus piece for the winner since Jessica is there every year.
I'll be going to Final Round. I'll probably be setting up a stream and mini tournament like I did last year.

Reactions: erkicman
I'll be going to Final Round. I'll probably be setting up a stream and mini tournament like I did last year.
Hopefully the stream can be not bad at the start and motherfuckers being bad at Tekken won't drown us out. (Seriously if they were good I wouldn't been mad.)

ANNNDD now we know from the get go you CAN get internet at the venue, you just have to threaten a little bodily harm and talk to someone who is not incompetent.

I already put in my vacation request for Evo. If I can show up, you can show up.

Think of it this way: If it were a main game, you'd have to pay like four times as much in registration fees.

Reactions: Makross
My family already wants to go back down this year, so if we're having any sort of side tournament I'll be there. However my main concern is if PS3 controllers will still be allowed.

My family already wants to go back down this year, so if we're having any sort of side tournament I'll be there. However my main concern is if PS3 controllers will still be allowed.
Not an official tournament, so the EVO wireless ban shouldn't be an issue.

Not an official tournament, so the EVO wireless ban shouldn't be an issue.
the wireless ban should only be for 3rd party stuff anyway. wireless sticks and fightpads are more prone to just break for no reason entirely. I should know, it's happened to me

like I said though, the wireless 3rd party pads and sticks are prone to have problems like jittery button inputs or just never synching at all. but I can see why forgetting to turn off your controller would be a bad thing.

Jittery inputs and not syncing are the controller owner's problem, TOs don't care except that after a couple of minutes they'll force you to use a different one.
Forgetting to disconnect one is the next matchup's problem, and is why wireless controllers are banned from Evo in the first place.

I don't have a problem with wireless controllers, but if you forget to disconnect it you are auto-DQ'd no matter who you are.
Can someone translate in Japanese? :p

please come for SkullGirls cake.

yo this is how i read this thing. skullgirls cake would be fucking sweet. it could be the prize for 1st place. id totally ask my mum to make it, but she lives in the UK and i think the logistics of sending a cake to vegas would not be worth it.

yo this is how i read this thing. skullgirls cake would be fucking sweet. it could be the prize for 1st place. id totally ask my mum to make it, but she lives in the UK and i think the logistics of sending a cake to vegas would not be worth it.
OK, CAKE MUST BE AT EVO.

Doesn't have to be her cake though.

should get that cake boss dude on the case.

should get that cake boss dude on the case.
Indiegogo campaign for side pot bonus and cake.

Reactions: Evilweevle
In the stream where they announced the lineup they mentioned special hotel deals or something. How do I check that stuff out, anyone know?

I don't have a problem with wireless controllers, but if you forget to disconnect it you are auto-DQ'd no matter who you are.
Well good to know I can still participate. And I'm sure I won't leave my controller connected. Last year I was so cautious it even scared me while walking around due to fear of accidentally hitting the home button haha.

Well good to know I can still participate. And I'm sure I won't leave my controller connected. Last year I was so cautious it even scared me while walking around due to fear of accidentally hitting the home button haha.
Lol, me too. I had a case I put the controller in so there was no way I'd accidentally turn it on.

master xbox race you can disconnect the battery pack.

for reals though an IGG campaign for skullgirls cake is an idea i can get behind. so long as alex eats a piece for me

Does SG get Smash's spot if Nintendo doesn't allow the tournament?
QUICK, TO NINTENDO!

Honestly, even if it meant getting SG into Evo, I wouldn't wish that onto the Smash fans. They're really dedicated to their game and Nintendo hasn't done anything but shit on it lately.

Reactions: Wenzel and Zidiane
when is the new smash out anyways? since if its at any point before evo i would be willing to bet money that nintendo wont allow it.

releasing a new game and then basically advertise the fact that people are just gonna play the old one is not exactly a good thing from a business standpoint.

id be willing to bet money it wont make it tbh. not as an official game anyhoo

Er, I kinda doubt Smash 4 will be there for EVO. The only date they have is a tentative 2014, and let's be honest--if they don't have a solid date now, it won't be out by July.

if it's gonna be any smash, it'll be melee. Maybe Project M

master xbox race you can disconnect the battery pack.

for reals though an IGG campaign for skullgirls cake is an idea i can get behind. so long as alex eats a piece for me
lol battery packs

It seems like Evo is trying to get permission from Nintendo to use / stream any Smash. Last year didn't Nintendo bring some legal issue about broadcasting a copywritten game and it almost didn't make it on stream at all? With that attitude from Nintendo I'm surprised that Project M didn't get a Cease and Desist letter. I don't know the relationship between Nintendo and Project M but if Project M made it into Evo the decision would very likely cause a response of some kind by Nintendo. If they don't want their own games in Evo they sure won't stand for a fan-made unofficial update.

Also Skullgirls Encore on PSN next tuesday

Nintendo's legal team is notoriously trigger happy. Nintendo is going to be OK with Smash being streamed at EVO, EVO is just learning from the past and making sure that Nintendo is aware ahead of time and doesn't let the legal team do something dumb. Similarly, Nintendo has been pretty happy to let fans do non-commercial stuff with their licenses. For example, the gameboy Metroid 2 remake.

It seems like Evo is trying to get permission from Nintendo to use / stream any Smash. Last year didn't Nintendo bring some legal issue about broadcasting a copywritten game and it almost didn't make it on stream at all? With that attitude from Nintendo I'm surprised that Project M didn't get a Cease and Desist letter. I don't know the relationship between Nintendo and Project M but if Project M made it into Evo the decision would very likely cause a response of some kind by Nintendo. If they don't want their own games in Evo they sure won't stand for a fan-made unofficial update.
Or, to look at it the other way, after the legal troubles last year Nintendo now knows what is going on with EVO and so will be more likely to allow them to steam it.

I completely agree that there's NO way they'd allow Project M to be streamed, though. You don't want to say 'Our fans can make a better game than we can' right before the release of your own new version.

Injustice anti-hype, I predict Superman wins again.

Skullgirls Encore should be there, not Injustice. I like Injustice, but I'm not a hardcore MK player

Planning on setting up the salty suites again, because it was hella fun and I enjoyed it immensely. As for the side tournament, for streaming, perhaps we could have a special Salty Cupcakes broadcast from the Hitbox Arcade for the top 8 matches?

everyone of my friends calls it injustass, and the finals last year were ass.

Superman vs. Superman
Grand Finals.
( '3')

C'mon guys. No need to talk trash about other games.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Drop the hate for other games. It doesn't help and makes SG community look bad.
What does help is get good at the game, show up to events and help other people get into SG.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Drop the hate for other games. It doesn't help and makes SG community look bad.
What does help is get good at the game, show up to events and help other people get into SG.

I've talked crap about Marvel 3 since before I ever played SG. I dunno why I should act any different now.

just barely getting on SG now that encore dropped. all you guys made EVO so much fun last year (shout outs to keninblack "you like skullgirls? ....I LIKE SKULLGIRLS!" shout outs to spilling beer on mike z in the suite). you all have a rad community with welcoming vibes, cant wait to compete instead of just watch this time!