• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Evolving Characters?

Dot--PNG

Reaction score
Steam
Dot--PNG
Eliza Fukua
Hi, i had a question to people who have been playing the game far longer than me
My Peacock has hit her level quota after a week of gameplay, which was expected. But what confused me was the drop in her stats. If i were to evolve her, her base attach/hp seemingly goes down.
I'll get straight to the point,
Would it be more beneficial to evolve her and have a silver, or try my luck to get a gold and also have a level-capped bronze for the challenges?

Hi, i had a question to people who have been playing the game far longer than me
My Peacock has hit her level quota after a week of gameplay, which was expected. But what confused me was the drop in her stats. If i were to evolve her, her base attach/hp seemingly goes down.
Would it be more beneficial to evolve her and have a silver, or try my luck to get a gold and also have a level-capped bronze for the challenges?
If you evolve Peacock from Bronze to Silver, her stats will initially go down. However, her growth rate will go up dramatically, so by the time you max out her level again she'll be far more powerful than she was.
From what I gather, currently even if you evolve your Bronze characters into Silvers and Golds, the game still considers them Bronzes. It's not very clear at the moment, so I don't know if that's a bug or a planned feature.

I've personally only been using my Bronzes until I draw a Silver/Gold of the character, then almost never go back to those Bronzes unless I absolutely have to. I only drop very small amounts of currency and icons on my Bronzes and saving most of it for my S/Gs. That might change later on, but it's been serving me well so far.

Don't bother evolving bronze characters, you're better off saving the coins and skill points towards upgrading silver or gold characters. I evolved some of my bronze characters to silver and the only thing different are the improved stats. Their stat potential is still inferior to a character that was originally silver and the game still considers them as bronze.

As you can see an evolved bronze Cerebella and Filia still has a lower fighter score than a silver Cerebella, despite the evolved ones having upgraded skill trees and higher levels.
IMG_1797.PNG

Reactions: Cellsai
From what I gather, currently even if you evolve your Bronze characters into Silvers and Golds, the game still considers them Bronzes. It's not very clear at the moment, so I don't know if that's a bug or a planned feature.

@Cellsai The intention is for their Skill Tree costs to remain the same as their "base tier" (e.g. Bronze Characters will always have a Bronze Skill Tree with Bronze Node costs), but they would be treated as their "current tier" as far as Fight Requirements are concerned.

We will be fixing this in our next update.

Last edited:
@Cellsai The intention is for their Skill Tree costs to remain the same as their "base tier" (e.g. Bronze Characters will always have a Bronze Skill Tree with Bronze Node costs), but they would be treated as their "current tier" as far as Fight Requirements are concerned.

We will be fixing this in our next update.
That would definitely give us more incentive to evolve characters, but what about the missions and fight requirements that need you to have bronze or silver characters?

That would definitely give us more incentive to evolve characters, but what about the missions and fight requirements that need you to have bronze or silver characters?
Even aside from eventually you might run out of Bronze characters to complete certain quests, I can't imagine some of the current Bronze Only quests even being possible with standard maxed out Bronze characters. Doing enough damage alone seems like it might take more than 3 minutes of infinite combos.

Even aside from eventually you might run out of Bronze characters to complete certain quests, I can't imagine some of the current Bronze Only quests even being possible with standard maxed out Bronze characters. Doing enough damage alone seems like it might take more than 3 minutes of infinite combos.
I completed every story mission before I evolved any of my bronze characters. I do remember there were a few fights where it required bronze and silver characters against some tough opponents.

There are other features on deck that will help to resolve this issue. More details to come.

All of the events should be feasible as implemented (they have all been tested), but if you see any that seem particularly "impossible", please let us know!

The concept of evol but still refer on base tier is great,

or els if u evol the old bronze, u will need to struggle to upgrede new bronze for bronze mission. :(