• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fate/Grand Order: Does anyone play this game?

E!Damnation

Chicken Nugget
Reaction score
Steam
E!Damnation
Filia Ms. Fortune Squigly
Yes, I play F/GO, and it's hell. I was wondering if anyone else is trapped in this game devoid of hope, though. Just in case, my ID is 784,839,952 and my user name is Ichidoge, just in case you're wondering and want to add me cause I have a max leveled Sigfried and a cute Ruler Jeanne. I'll show my Pokemen Servants if I meet other players in the forums. And don't forget to tell me a little about your experience with the game.

Isn't this the one where Attila The Hun is a cute flat chested girl with a rainbow Popsicle sword.
Yep, that's the one. Also, Thomas Edison was a furry and president of the United States in an alternate timeline or something like that. Tesla had a badass asymmetric armor powered by electricity.

Now this is quality entertainment.

I would look into it but I don't have an iphone or android or any of those crazy new technologies. Still wanna play Puzzle and Dragon one of these days...

Reactions: E!Damnation
Well, you could always use an emulator but right now I'm not really sure which emulator can handle it. This game has changed me as a person. I no longer believe in luck or fortune, not mine at least.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
Holy fucking shit I just looked up Thomas Edison's design fuck this game is rad.

Out of curiosity, what's the gameplay like

Holy fucking shit I just looked up Thomas Edison's design fuck this game is rad.

Out of curiosity, what's the gameplay like
You know, Edison's design is a case of "love it or hate it", at least to the fan base. Nothing is more badass than Leomon powered by the power of Rainbow America. While the game is completely in Japanese for obvious reasons, it's not that hard to understand the basic gameplay: it's turn based, with a party of three active characters and three "benched" characters. They all have classes, just like in the original Fate games, but think about it like a rock-paper-scissors mechanic. You issue commands by selecting "cards", each one in three different colors: green for quick attacks, these are weak but they generate stars for critical hits; blue are for "art" attacks, good power, but they're mainly for charging your Noble Phantasm (special attack); red are for Buster attacks, that means heavy attacks with no star or art gain.

Watch this video, it will help you understand a bit better.

After viewing this thread,I had a go at this game and it was the funnest 20 minutes ever.
Playing games you can't understand is the best
But I hate how my first summon got me three servants from Fate/Extra,just reminds me that they'll never localize CCC.

Looks cool, I could see that battle system being fun (reminds me of Trails In The Skies trinity of Normals/Arts/Crafts), even if it's probably a skinners box thing ultimately. Could use some dungeon crawling though if it doesn't have it though, as I'm guessing quests are just a series of battles and vn stuff strung together. Would give a download sometime though. PC client for this and Puzzle and Dragon when.

After viewing this thread,I had a go at this game and it was the funnest 20 minutes ever.
Playing games you can't understand is the best
But I hate how my first summon got me three servants from Fate/Extra,just reminds me that they'll never localize CCC.

Welp, did you get Nero? Then again, it's sad, really sad nonetheless: Remember that bride outfit Nero can wear in CCC? Well, she appears wearing that same dress in this game, but she was a "limited time servant", that means, if you don't roll her (and that's like... 0.5% of probability to get her) during certain event (said event passed long ago), then you can kiss her goodbye. It's that kind of game.

Welp, did you get Nero? Then again, it's sad, really sad nonetheless: Remember that bride outfit Nero can wear in CCC? Well, she appears wearing that same dress in this game, but she was a "limited time servant", that means, if you don't roll her (and that's like... 0.5% of probability to get her) during certain event (said event passed long ago), then you can kiss her goodbye. It's that kind of game.
No,I didn't get Nero.That and Francis Drake plus a few others are the only Extra cards I wouldn't mind getting.I got 2 weirdos exclusive to CCC,and Beserker Lu Bu.

No,I didn't get Nero.That and Francis Drake plus a few others are the only Extra cards I wouldn't mind getting.I got 2 weirdos exclusive to CCC,and Beserker Lu Bu.
Well, I suppose you got common servants, probably Andersen, unless you still think of Karna as a weirdo. In any case, now I'm hoarding some quartz and waiting for the next part of the Fate/Zero event. Gotta summon the King of Bros, or at least that mysterious servant that appeared in the trailer.

So I haven't really played in a while,mostly due to my inability to read Japanese.Is there a guide that can point out where to do everything for me,because I get a little stressed thinking I might pick the wrong thing.
Also,other than quartz,is there a real reward for progressing through the story?Is it worth it?

So I haven't really played in a while,mostly due to my inability to read Japanese.Is there a guide that can point out where to do everything for me,because I get a little stressed thinking I might pick the wrong thing.
Also,other than quartz,is there a real reward for progressing through the story?Is it worth it?
From what I've read, we who don't know Japanese are really missing a lot (the story is written by Nasu himself, so you can expect an actual good story, and some of the events are actually like some kind of Carnival Phantasm, at least comically speaking). There are some translations here and there, but there's still a long way to go. You can check the Wikia here, where you can find interesting info about items, characters and gameplay. There is also this tumblr blog; check the guide list tab, where you can find a basic gameplay guide, how to find your user ID and the most important thing, how to bind your account and restore your data.

Reactions: Stairwayyy
Yo I've been playing ever since then,and I got to say I think this game is either pretty fun,or a chore.Just got my 7th prototype Lancer,and I'd be madder if I didn't get my Assassin Emiya and Fionn as well.I swear,this game gives me so many 3 stars but I can never get Robin Hood.It took me like 50 rolls to finally get Sasaki Kojiro in the gatcha and he's only a 1 star,what the fuck.Either way,still kind of a fun game.

Yo I've been playing ever since then,and I got to say I think this game is either pretty fun,or a chore.Just got my 7th prototype Lancer,and I'd be madder if I didn't get my Assassin Emiya and Fionn as well.I swear,this game gives me so many 3 stars but I can never get Robin Hood.It took me like 50 rolls to finally get Sasaki Kojiro in the gatcha and he's only a 1 star,what the fuck.Either way,still kind of a fun game.
The Gacha is horrendous, but you can be either a)the lucky F2P who gets a golden servant every time and tells you to stop playing if you don't like it, b)the P2P with awesome luck and enough money to get two or three limited servants, c)the saltiest F2P who never gets a limited servant (I used to be this one until I rolled Iskandar) or d)the unlucky P2P who ends up burning his monthly paycheck and still can't get his waifu.

But I already have my waifus,Cu and Kiritsugu.All I need is Nobunaga,Saber Alter,and Shiki and my life'd be complete

Now I'll go cry about the fact that I'll never get Nobunaga or Shiki.

Just spent 3 summoning tickets on the story summon
Got three craft essences
Fucking kill me

Reactions: E!Damnation
Resurrecting this a bit for sake of relevance, but English version of this is out now for those who didn't want to learn moonrunes/didn't have a means to play it at the time.

FC is 373,824,932 if people do happen to pick this up.

I've been playing for the last year or so. I played in JP, but now I've fully transferred to NA. I don't know why I love this stupid shitty grindfest so much.

I don't know why I love this stupid shitty grindfest so much.

Because despite said grindiness, at the end of the day it's more servants, and more Fate. It's kind of the same reason some of the other stuff gets a pass like Apocrypha, etc. It has it's flaws, but the world was made well enough to keep people wanting more.

Still mad af about them screwing up Scheherazade. She deserved so much better than she got (yet I'll still roll for/use her despite being so....bad)

Because despite said grindiness, at the end of the day it's more servants, and more Fate. It's kind of the same reason some of the other stuff gets a pass like Apocrypha, etc. It has it's flaws, but the world was made well enough to keep people wanting more.

Still mad af about them screwing up Scheherazade. She deserved so much better than she got (yet I'll still roll for/use her despite being so....bad)
Bad gameplay wise or did they even fuck her up depiction wise?

I was actually planning on making a Fate thread, but I didn't know if anybody would be interested…

EVERYBODY GET HYPE FOR THE NERO FESTIVAL! IT'S PRECIOUS BABY'S TINE TO SHINE!
IMG_2583.PNG

uncle diaz is tops
Jeanne Alter and Artoria Lancer/s are the only worthwhile Saberfaces

i don't even play this game the gacha sounds satanic

Oh the gacha is utter shit. You can stockpile all you want but the threat of getting nothing but shit is an all too real concern.

The only bigger threat than getting nothing

Is getting nothing BUT BLACK KEYS!!!!

FUCK YOOOOOOOU KIREI!!!!
STOP FUCKING SPOOKING ME!
YOURE KEEPING ME FROM MY SWEET PRECIOUS BABY EMPEROR!

I still keep expecting to wake up to a Tsukiverse crossover so I can grind out an Arcueid and Eltnum.
PLEEEEEASE. Q_Q

Saved for months on the japanese server for the summer event.

300+ quartz and 40 summon tickets later, no Tamamo Lancer. The struggle is real.

I'm sorry for your loss, but you just must not have been hubby material enough for her

With Dango coming up, where is everyone at? Did you finish the grand finals for Nero? Did you ascend a bunch of stuff with those sweet mats?

Did you drop 200 quartz and not get a single Nero? T_T

And for the JP players:

How's the race going?

Completed grand finals and cleared out almost everything from the shop besides 1 of the CE and one of the lores.

JP event has been rather easy for me to farm with all the summer servants I got when I was trying for tamamo lancer; already cleared out the shop and finished the lvl 90+ challenge quest.

Screenshot_20170814-223312.png

Screenshot_20170815-160249.png
Saving my 150 quartz for when summer nobu has her rate up.

there might actually be a god

Screenshot_20170820-231606.png

Screenshot_20170822-002924.png

Screenshot_20170822-002250.png

Sadly, my luck has already peaked. Yolo'd an Altera.

Oceanos has hit lads. Are you ready for P I R A T E S? Are you ready to spend thousands of FP for broken 3 stars servants? Are you ready for better grind locations, but still not getting that "ONE GOD DAMNED DEMON HEART" to drop?

Are you prepared to watch your E-- luck still hold strong?

I myself am gonna try and clear the chapter with only bronze servants. I expect to fail, but it'll be a good little challenge for me.