• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Feb 21, 2015] London Skullgirls: Don't Think, Fight! (London, United Kingdom)

Mr Peck

that UK Peacock player
Reaction score
Peacock Robo Fortune Parasoul
Back in October a bunch of UK players went to The Heart Of Gaming (HoG) to play some Skullgirls. It was pretty fun! Here's the old archived thread for it:
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/oct-25-2014-dont-think-fight-london-park-royal.5208/

Anyway, we're going to do it again because why not. If you like Skullgirls, turn up and play!
  • Date: Saturday 21st February
  • Venue fee: £10
  • Venue opening times: 12pm (midday) until midnight. I'll be there at 12 when the venue opens, so turn up as early as you want!
  • Tournament: We'll run a double elimination tournament at 3pm with £5 buy in, with the prize spot split 70/30 to 1st and 2nd place. It'll probably take an hour or two, and we'll be sticking around to play more casuals afterwards.
  • We will be playing Skullgirls on PS3 in the console room. Bring your own controller/stick as the venue doesn't provide them, but if you really can't bring one for whatever reason then I'm sure you'll be able to borrow one from one of us at a stretch.
  • The room at the front with the arcade games is going to be busy with Gutter Trash, a big UK 3rd Strike tournament. If you play 3rd Strike, sign up to Gutter Trash and enter that too! We'll work around their schedule if you want to enter both tournaments. http://guttertrashuk.weebly.com/
  • There isn't food supplied in the arcade, so bring money to get food at the cafe or supermarket close by (or bring your own food)
That's it, I hope you can make it and meet us there!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Thrasher08
Thanks for sorting it, I'm horrible at doing so and also another one of my friends shall turn up at around 13:00PM

Reactions: Mr Peck
Gah! This is on whilst I'm at work. Is it possible to have this event another day, preferably Thursday or Friday?

Gah! This is on whilst I'm at work. Is it possible to have this event another day, preferably Thursday or Friday?
Not for me; I don't live in London and I work weekdays. The venue only opens in the evenings on Mon-Fri anyway. Sorry about that!

Reactions: Thrasher08
I'm going to be bringing my absolutely trash-tier boyfriend. i will be there.

Reactions: Mr Peck
in the city for a term but only have a beat up xbox360 controller w/ usb support. Any way I could borrow or any advice I guess. (also never actually played in a tournie before also advise for that)

I can bring an extra PS3 controller if you want. As for advice: just play and have fun? Learning is fun even when you lose, and at the very least I'm sure you'll be better than Grodie's absolutely trash-tier boyfriend. No offence to Grodie's absolutely trash-tier boyfriend.

I can't turn up this time for financial reasons. Sorry guys. I hope we can do another one in summer time.

in the city for a term but only have a beat up xbox360 controller w/ usb support. Any way I could borrow or any advice I guess. (also never actually played in a tournie before also advise for that)

Last time we were there, the guy behind the place was happy to lend us a couple of sticks to use for those who didn't have PS3 compatible ones, I'm sure he'd probably be fine with it again assuming the 3rd Strike guys don't eat them all up. Failing that, I'm sure everyone will be happy to lend you their stick if they aren't playing a match at the time.

I can bring an extra PS3 controller if you want. As for advice: just play and have fun? Learning is fun even when you lose, and at the very least I'm sure you'll be better than Grodie's absolutely trash-tier boyfriend. No offence to Grodie's absolutely trash-tier boyfriend.
Last time we were there, the guy behind the place was happy to lend us a couple of sticks to use for those who didn't have PS3 compatible ones, I'm sure he'd probably be fine with it again assuming the 3rd Strike guys don't eat them all up. Failing that, I'm sure everyone will be happy to lend you their stick if they aren't playing a match at the time.

Thank you so much and sorry for the trouble. Hope to see you there

Sorry for another question. So its 10pounds to get in and 5 to enter the Tournament? Only real competitions ive been in where very local and very free.

It costs £10 to enter the arcade. Once you pay, you can stay there as much as you want. (for 1 day)

For the Gutter Trash Tournament, I believe you have to pay £5 for first 32 people, £8 after that, and £10 on the day, (like the site say on this page. http://guttertrashuk.weebly.com/event-info.html). I believe you have to pay separately for those.

And Gutter Trash, ISN'T a SG tournament.

Once you're there, just remember to enjoy, interact with people and most of all have fun.

My dad will be there and he introduced me into fighting games but he is not good at them, I'm gonna play Killer Insinct and Alpha 3 with him because I don't use stick and I have never played KI and I've played alpha once.

Im guessing im the first one to come ^^

Hopefully the next time I phone the venue and tell them I'm coming in from outside London to run a Skullgirls tournament, they will respond by not accidentally deleting Skullgirls from all of their PS3s. Only time will tell. That was a fun way to spend £25 and 5 hours.

Last edited:
17:41 - Pombear: Still no skullgirls :(
17:42 - Mr Peck: LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL
17:42 - Mr Peck: not even surprised

Welp tired plaing GGXRD instead... Didnt help the mood.

Good luck, have fun. :PUN:

So fucking disappointing.

London Skullgirls: No Skullgirls edition :PUN:

Least I got to practise my USF4 Bison offline
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welp tired plaing GGXRD instead... Didnt help the mood.
HAMMEEEEERFALL! HAMMEEEEERFA- ABORTING! MEGAAAAFIST! SLIIIIIDE HEAD! SLIIIIIDE HEAD!

I at least salvaged a little of the day by playing smash and mariokart but jeeez I was not happy, sorry for everyone I loitered around and didn't really talk to :P

With the holidays nearing and 2nd Encore just around the corner, should we give the meet up another go?