• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Feral Edge losing to Sniper Shot and crumples?

fenster

Stop Bugging me about Avatars ;_;
Reaction score
Steam
fensterSA
Parasoul
@Mike_Z So this is a weird thing that happened: just as the video will show I did sniper and fortune reacted with feral edge, and feral lost, but then something weird happened. Normally characters fly off after getting hit with Sniper shot in mid air, but this time it crumpled? I can't seem to reproduce it myself in training mode because doing sniper shot eats the inputs of the dummy I set to feral edge.

This happened in the Beta, and I'm not sure if it relates at all to recent fortune changes so I just posted it here.

Reactions: Sydoh
I was able to recreate it a bunch of times. It seems like it happens when activating FE happens on the same frame the shot hits you, cuz like you are able to react to it before that and either get hit out of the dive part of FE or dodge the shot, but with timing you can get the crumple. But then there's also some height restriction? It seems to only happen up to some height right above people's heads, otherwise Fortune flies away like normal. In both versions as well, so it's not related to the beta changes.
I also can't get it to happen with anyone else and their air supers.
Actually, I got it work on Eliza's air grab super thing, but it was hard to time because it has to be after the initial upwards motion and once she starts moving downwards. She gets counter hit by sniper and goes briefly into the air hitstun frame, then quickly crumples. Though, hers is very close to the ground, and besides the air hitstun frame, I'm not sure it's quite the same thing as what's happening to Fortune.

Last edited: