• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Filia Combo Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the most part i agree with you. i just like distinguishing so its obvious that you land and jump again. otherwise someone might be vainly trying to link a j.lp after a j.hp....

Suggest a better one if you like. The reason why it has H-Airball at the end is because it's designed to be a teaching tool more than a real combo. It's also the only actually "difficult" part.

I wanted an accessible way for beginners to understand that Filia corner combos are about j.HP j.HK and how a few of those does more damage than a shitload of tiny hits.
sup broken :) long time no play & yeah definitely, I'm trying to make up some decent corner combos myself. But anyways can someone PLEASE tell me WHY this is activating IPS??? It's really pissing me off. I'm considering moving to valentine, but i need to practice a couple new combos before this tourney over the weekend, so my filia needs to be tight. I'm trying to work with Ringlet spire & that scorpion attack, but first I need IPS to STOP getting in the way! I can't seem to figure this out and I don't think I'm activating IPS either.

Stage 2: c.mp, s.mk, c.hp
Stage 3: s.lp, s.lk, s.mk, s.hk, H Hairball
Stage 5: c.lk (IPS Triggers...)​

I can't seem to figure this out and I don't think I'm activating IPS either.
The s.lp chain is the second one, IPS is counting already, and since you used all normals in it, you can only specials or supers after.

Reactions: Nuuance
The s.lp chain is the second one, IPS is counting already, and since you used all normals in it, you can only specials or supers after.
Ahh I see. I keep forgetting that it's not just the first attack...but counts ALL of the following attacks after the first 2 free stages.

So basically as long as I take the s.lk out of the stage 3 segment, then I should be good?

For the corner combo that I'm playing with now, I noticed that several combos by various people have the same starter string, namely

j.HP, j.HK, s.HP (launch)
j.HP, j.HK, dash, <some fast move, either j.LK or j.MK>, j.HP (land)
<move to link a launcher, like st.LP or st.MK>, s.HP (relaunch)
Okay, so in light of what I've been reading on this thread, I've been practicing this corner combo, where I front-load a lot of heavy attacks in the beginning. A lot of the first half of the combo is taken from bits and pieces of what is mentioned by Broken Loose, CaioLugon, and severin....and the second half is my fallback SDE combo (only because I'm still trying to figure out how to follow up). What do you guys think? Oh, and let's start this combo with a j.HP - j.HK, since it's Filia after all. :)

j.HP - j.HK - (land)
st.HP (the j.HK - st.HP is very difficult for me to link for some reason)
j.HP - j.HK - adc - j.LK - j.HP - j.HK (land)
cr.LK (otg) - st.MP - st.HP (relaunch)
(now this is where I revert back to my SDE tendencies)
j.LP - j.MP - j.MKx2 - H.airball (land)
Fenrir

I can probably dash cancel the H.airball and follow up with something else (as was previously mentioned earlier in this thread) but this is the skeleton of what I've got so far. The part where I have the most trouble, by far, is that first j.HK to st.HP link.

It's harder to link an s.HP from a j.HP j.HK (I assume this is from an airdash) because the j.HK hits fairly high up and it takes time for Filia to fall to the ground afterwards, which wastes some of the hitstun. Something that hits deeper and lower like airdash j.MP cancelled into j.HK after two or three hits is almost always a very generous link. This is a typical fighting game thing with jump-ins, where if you hit them deeply you can get heavier attacks to link.

Edit - I thought about it and that's a j.HP j.HK with "natural" timing off an airdash where you cancel into the j.HK during the j.HP's hitstop. You can actually delay the cancel to j.HK until you've dropped a small amount and that link will be very easy, which I never did before because I'm dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Money
It's harder to link an s.HP from a j.HP j.HK (I assume this is from an airdash) because the j.HK hits fairly high up and it takes time for Filia to fall to the ground afterwards, which wastes some of the hitstun. Something that hits deeper and lower like airdash j.MP cancelled into j.HK after two or three hits is almost always a very generous link. This is a typical fighting game thing with jump-ins, where if you hit them deeply you can get heavier attacks to link.

Edit - I thought about it and that's a j.HP j.HK with "natural" timing off an airdash where you cancel into the j.HK during the j.HP's hitstop. You can actually delay the cancel to j.HK until you've dropped a small amount and that link will be very easy, which I never did before because I'm dumb.
This is a really good tip.... I've been using air dash -> j.HP -> j.HK for so long that I always do the j.HK immediately. Doing the delayed j.HK drastically decreased the percentage that I drop the combo at the j.HK -> st.HP link. Awesome stuff. :)

Okay, my proof of concept from earlier works.

Ends up doing 6426 damage (vs 6126 damage for the equivalent in the OP). This is with no jump-in and no super.

Of course, with the meter glitch fixed, the combo no longer builds a full meter when started with 0 bar. I'll see how big a difference jump-ins make, but this could quite possibly be the maximum amount of damage Filia can put out midscreen before we get silly with supers.

As much as I hate to derail from current topic, can someone help me decipher the input for this? It's at 9 seconds in roughly, but for some reason I can't post the timed version of the link:

What input do you have to do in order to drop to the ground immediately after the j. MK? That is..really confusing >.>

Help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

j.HP chains out of the j.MK and has you fastfall.
It's one of Filia's most important reset tools and bastardized here to make a longer combo ;_;
I tested this in training room just now. If I input a j.HP immediately after the first hit of j.MK, the j.HP comes out and knocks the opponent away. It doesn't seem to have the same effect as that of the video, in which there appears to be no attacks whatsoever after the first hit of j.MK.

Thanks, I'll try that tonight when I get home! Much appreciated!

@Isa: got it to work! Thanks! So that was the j. HP cancel everyone was talking about @_@

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but I just want to double check what I'm doing:

That combo I was referring to with the j. HP reset looks like it sets off undizzy....but it looks like an IPS burst. Is that supposed to be undizzy kicking in (because I'm pretty sure I'm not duping a link but I'm just seeing red sparks everywhere)? And I guess I have to modify the combo to reset if I hope to make it longer then..

Do these combos work with the current version of Skullgirls?

Also can someone explain what adc means please. Thanks in advance

Thanks! I've been out of the loop for a while.

Do these combos work with the current version of Skullgirls?
current for steam, yes. current for console, no. (well, they probably work on console but there are much better combos you could do there...)

its like what i did in mine (around 5 seconds in or so) i like to call it a rejump...

I'm having a lot of trouble with this rejump in severins combo, many times i'll be too far away once i land and the times i'm close enough to land a j. lp it is too late and is blocked. Any tips for staying closer to the ground after the j. hp? For instance, against Ms. Fortune should I be hitting the j.lk asap at the start of the air combo before the "rejump"? delayed? wait for all hits of the j.mp? delay before the j. mk? It seemed even more difficult on Valentine.

Thanks

you might be having issues getting the chain j.mk > j.hp done correctly. you want to cancel the j.mk into j.hp as soon as the 2nd hit on j.mk hits. if you do it to late you will be pushed back a lot further than if you get the timing correct making the rejump impossible. as far as when you should do the j.lk, i dont do sev's combo, but i would hazard a guess that you want to do it like the old midscreen loops in sde. (delay the j.lk as much as possible).
val has an odd hitbox, i have issues with her in my combo but its during the iad j.mk part that sev doesnt use, but i wouldnt be surprised if she still causes issues elsewhere.

hope this helps.

you might be having issues getting the chain j.mk > j.hp done correctly. you want to cancel the j.mk into j.hp as soon as the 2nd hit on j.mk hits. if you do it to late you will be pushed back a lot further than if you get the timing correct making the rejump impossible. as far as when you should do the j.lk, i dont do sev's combo, but i would hazard a guess that you want to do it like the old midscreen loops in sde. (delay the j.lk as much as possible).
val has an odd hitbox, i have issues with her in my combo but its during the iad j.mk part that sev doesnt use, but i wouldnt be surprised if she still causes issues elsewhere.

hope this helps.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was doing wrong, somehow I didn't put two-and-two together when I read the discussion in this thread about fast falling from j.mp with j.hp.

I can do most of the combo most of the time on Ms. Fortune now, except the s.lk after the second j.mp-->j.hp, where I almost always drop it. I think half the time she's too low to the ground to hit her foot, but since all the hits after the initial j. lk-->j.mp timing I do as quick as possible, i'm not sure where to adjust my timing so she ends higher up, maybe the number of hits on the second j.mp. Not sure if i'm just not hitting quite low enough on her foot with the first j.mp and that's throwing things off either.

yea, try cancelling the j.mp into j.mk sooner.

i did it

Yeah, this combo's gonna evaporate in a couple weeks, but I'll be damned if there's any other way for Filia to break 9k midscreen. Squeezing more damage out of this will be work.

Last edited:
Why aren't you doing j.mk in the last chain?
It makes you fastfall and whiff Airball. I suppose I could delay the last series somewhat, but the timing's already really strict so far.

(mostly habit, i'll see if i can fix it)

Last edited:
It makes you fastfall and whiff Airball. I suppose I could delay the last series somewhat, but the timing's already really strict so far.

(mostly habit, i'll see if i can fix it)
No, it doesn't. Actually, it was one of her main air chains on SDE.

No, it doesn't. Actually, it was one of her main air chains on SDE.
FART NOISE

It should add like 83 damage, give me a minute dammit! You know how I am with the procrastination!

edit:
Base combo does 8495 with j.MK added.
c.LK starter does 8217 with j.MK added.
Jump-in MAX version does 9292 with j.MK added. (lol) At this point, canceling j.MP early by accident has more of an effect than leaving out moves.

Last edited:
Broken great combo btw, but I have a question after the first c.mp > s.mk > c.hp > dash > s.mk > s.hp
Is it possible to just dash > s.hp and skip the s.mk all together? If so, I could see the possibility of adding an extra chain at the end for some more damage.

1) hes already way over the undizzy limit
2) hes already used his airball dash cancel

...... I can see a few places in the combo that might be able to cut out a few buttons but I cant test this on my own so I cant confirm anything Im just speculating and giving suggestions. Oh and you don't need airball dash cancel for every relaunch.

Broken great combo btw, but I have a question after the first c.mp > s.mk > c.hp > dash > s.mk > s.hp
Is it possible to just dash > s.hp and skip the s.mk all together? If so, I could see the possibility of adding an extra chain at the end for some more damage.
I'll try it, but it's already an incredibly tight link. Each time I experiment with it, I get better at it, though, which is how I linked s.mk in the first place.

I'll edit this post with my findings.

EDIT:
FUCK.

IT WORKS.

edit 2:
Light characters only. Parasoul uses the OTG when I do it, and that obviously doesn't launch.

edit 3:
This is incredibly difficult.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the max damage I can get off a grounded throw midscreen? I usually do throw>HK hairball>super>lp, lp, mp, hk, forward jump~dash under and usually go for the options /throw/block/lp, lp from there

Is there a way to safely tag into Peacock/Parasoul midscreen? Doesn't need to combo, I just don't want to get reversaled in the face for doing it (as happens eg after s.HK xx Tag).
Is the c.HP bounce sufficiently long? Dunno what other options there would be, can't really think of anything else.

I would think the c.HP bounce would be long enough if you haven't used an otg yet.

Also this isn't MDE but posting it for future reference

Bigband corner:
c.LK, MK, HP,
j.HP, j.HK, ad. j.LK, j.HP, j.HK,
c.MP, TK HK hairball, dash cancel,
c.HP, HK hairball,
(otg)LP, LP, LK, MP, c.MK, HK, HK hairball, Fenrir

Aye, c.HP bounce works.

To Peacock still looks not-too-useful cus the opponent tags into your face and recovers pretty fast
To Parasoul is prime, the Tag actually hits (can't combo after it but gives plenty time to setup whatevers - espec if they Burst)

Does anyone know a good combo after ground throw?

Status
Not open for further replies.