• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Final Fantasy 6 With the Skullgirls

Who would be a better Kefka?

• Double (The Devil)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eliza (The sociopath)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Todpole

Interested Programmer
Reaction score
Peacock Squigly Parasoul
I brought this idea up in the fanfiction thread and I thought that maybe we can discuss how it can work. If you don't know want Final Fantasy 6 is, we'll wait as you look into it and if you don't know what Skullgirls is, I'll follow you to the library and look into it.

I think that retelling FF6 with the Skullgirls is possible. We can have Filia be Terra, the Mafia can be the Empire, Carol as Gau, etc. However I don't who'll be the perfect fit for everyone, like for Cyan or Ultros. Then again, we can edit bits of the original story so this one flows better and makes sense for the characters. like say, have the entire party head off to Zozo instead of just 4.

BTW this is NOT an actual project. More like a fun group brainstorm.

Last edited:
Just a cast table to see who we decided to be what. I but my suggestions in bold as everything in this list can change.

Main Party
Terra: Filia
Locke: Ms.Fortune
Edgar: Parasol
Sabin: Umbrella
Celes: Cerebella
Cyan: Squigly/Sienna
Gau: Painwheel/Carol
Setzer: Peacock/Patricia
Strago: Annie
Relm: Marie
Shadow: Valentine
Mog: Ileum
Gogo:
Umaro:

Temporary members
Biggs and Wedge: Lawrence and Ricardo
The Moogles: The Orphans
Banon: Beowulf
Leo: Big Band

Villains
Kefka:Double
Gesthal: Lorenzo
Ultros: Fukura
Typhon: Robo-Fortune
Warring Triad: Divine Trinity
Vargas: (Might be a monster like a giant chicken)
Wrexsoul: (Might be a Special Guest)
Seigfried:
Dadaluma: Taliesin
No 024/Magic Master: Brain Drain
Ultima Weapon/ Deathgaze: Skullgirl
8 Dragons: (Special Guests) Order of No Quarter

NPCs
Cid: Arvian
Rachel: Minette(Not dead)
Arvis: Mrs.Victoria
Duane and Katarin: Leduc and Hive
Elayne and Owain: Selene and Roberto
Owzer: Eliza
Elder of Narshe:
Madeline: Black Dahlia
Maduin: Samson
Daril: N/A
Gau's Father: Carol's parents.
Duncan: Adam
Ramuh: Leviathan
Lone Wolf: Scythana
Save Point:Issac

If i missed anyone, here's a list from the FF wiki.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VI_Characters

Last edited:
Out of curiosity: Which FF suits Skullgirls better? FF7 or FF6.

I almost satisfied with this list. There are some roles I have no idea who to choose, the mogs are something I'm having trouble to choose a character for. We can have the parasites be Espers and theonite can be magicite. I think Fukura can a joke with the joke being she beleives to be the main hero even though FF6 is an ensemble cast. Then again, the Skullheart can be treated as a joke because it's not important to the story.
As for the idea of replacing the 8 dragons with Shovel Knight's Order of No Quarter, I thought it might be a cute cameo that makes sense to me like Treasure Knight can be plundering the lost castle, Mole Knight can be tunneling in the Phoenix Cave, King Knight can be ruling the opera house etc.

Also, I thought I might share this playthrough of Pony Fantasy 6. Just to show what not to do.

I just thought of how I can work on this. I tried looking at this with modding but I have trouble figuring out on how to use it. So I figured I could remake the maps into projects with the RPG Maker and work from there and when I get the full version I can put them all together. I just have one question: Do you want me to try to recreate the FF6 Battle System, The battle system from the SkullGirl RPG that's on hiatus or a mix of both.

Also some story ideas, I don't know If I want Squigly to die or not but if I want her to die but stay in the party I can have her drink the poison when everyone is stating to die and finally keels over when you get off the train.
As for Nadia's backstory, instead of being about someone who failed the person she loved, we can just her backstory from the Skullgirls about her being part of a gang and never let go of what happened to them. when you get to her home, instead of going to a house where you see the love you go to a graveyard and she'll just start introducing you to the graves.

One final question: Who would be a better Gesthal, Lorenzo or Vitale?

Honest question: Who would be a better Kefka? Double or Eliza.

I know you can't do the whole crazy clown who went mad after being the first magitek solider since one of them is an parasite which would be the Espers of this setting and the other is Satan. I do like the idea of either of them being just off to everyone around them.