• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Final Fantasy

some people need money.

you wanna know something terrible? Dan Green is in The Little Panda Fighter.
Well,a real testament to that is
d8751b65b664d943f155e983ca43f16e.jpg

yeah some people will just do anything
I mean look at all the people that were in Skullgirls

You have to make ends-meat. Or even just get noticed. If you voice a character in a crappy cartoon, there's always a chance some director will notice you and think your great if he walks by while his kids are watching it.

But again. Food. Not starving or selling your house is important.

IX is my favorite in the series, followed by X, VI, VII, and IV.

Yeah I put X ahead of VI. Blasphemy right?

Reactions: Jutsei
So like, can I skip Final Fantasy III?
I was gonna play it until I learned there are fucking 30 Phoenix Downs in the game total, and you can only save in the Overworld so you basically gotta marathon Dungeons.
That's hard for literally all the wrong reasons.

Legit.
You can't buy Phoenix Downs
They expect you to revive from a church.
And the end game expects you to grind all the way to level 60.
Mind you, there was a DS remake of FFIII, you'd think they'd fix these issues, right?
Nah.
They proceed to make it harder and nerf Ninja (Who is game breaking but n a fucking broken ass game you gotta level the playing field)

Reactions: Stairwayyy
Just play FF5. It's FF3 but good.

Yeah like, I was planning on playing all the fucking Final Fantasys and give FFIII a try because it's referenced in FFXIV's Crystal Tower
And the final final fucking boss of FFXI is Cloud of Darkness (Again)
But.
Like.
No.
that's jank difficult and I don't like that.
FFI and FFII fix their broken ass difficulty in the remakes but FFIII doesn't? Like fuck off.

I was gonna play it until I learned there are fucking 30 Phoenix Downs in the game total, and you can only save in the Overworld so you basically gotta marathon Dungeons.
That's hard for literally all the wrong reasons.

I actually prefer not being able to save in duneons (or at least at VERY SPECIFIC POINTS). Not to make it harder, but just to add some tension. Dungeons to me are supposed to be a place of danger, where the chips are down and your desicion making skills are put to the test. If you can save state through them, the excitement and tension and sense of "danger" is kind of gone.

That being said, FF3 is a helluva unbalanced, boring grind fest. The job system is also really poorly designed in comparison to FF5 (ie in FF5 you can win with tons of different party combinations. In ff3, a lot of bosses are designed to only really be viable with one specific team composition. There's no freedom in FF3).

I can only recommend FF3's ds remake for the aaaadooooorrraaaaable cutesie 3d models.

original.jpg

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Last edited:
Reactions: musica
They wanna get all previous characters in soon enough.
And they want the roster to be 50 characters strong, maybe evne more since they said even that feels small.
For reference.
The game is 16 characters large right now.
We'll be waiting for the PS4 version of this game for an extremely long time.

We're gonna be waiting for the PS5 version.

Whelp, my grades are going to look pretty bad sometime in 2017, or whenever it comes out on PC.

Looks like they haven't added the second half of the game, though.

Reactions: CountofBleck
FFXII Such a good game. Story was nice too until japan decided to put in some cliche ending. Also i couldn't stand Vaan. But Balthier and Fran always made me look past that. I was seriously a great departure from the standard turn based gameplay. Thegambit system was so sick! It was so good that even Dragon Age Origin took it to heart and used blueprint of it for their own system. Really enjoyed it so much. Can't wait to get this on PC.

Reactions: MysteriousJ
Oh so it's FFXII HD?
I see, that sounds alright, FFXII is literally the one FF I know nothing about aside from
I'M CAPTAIN BASCH FAN ROSENBURG FROM DALMASCA!
DON'T BELIEVE ONDORE'S LIES

Vaan is such a bad character I actually find him pretty funny. I can only imagine the japanese voice actors for fran and balthier must not be great, cause how has square enix not given them their own game.

Overall, FFXII is kind of a bad game. It feels like they wanted to do so much more, but just ran out of time and had to say "good enough." It is also my favorite game of all time. I think I'm obsessed with it because there's so much room for improvement in every part of it. I'm as excited for a reason to play it again as much as I'm sad that I'm not making it. If modding would be reasonably doable, I'd be all over that.

Reactions: Armageddon11
FFXII Such a good game. Story was nice too until japan decided to put in some cliche ending. Also i couldn't stand Vaan. But Balthier and Fran always made me look past that. I was seriously a great departure from the standard turn based gameplay. Thegambit system was so sick! It was so good that even Dragon Age Origin took it to heart and used blueprint of it for their own system. Really enjoyed it so much. Can't wait to get this on PC.
I agree with you very wholeheartedly! My only issue with it was that the Gambit System also required you to buy new AI for you characters, which could make your party members kinda stupid early on.

My only issue with it was that the Gambit System also required you to buy new AI for you characters, which could make your party members kinda stupid early on.
To me, it's actually a really interesting way to level up your characters. It's a more engaging form of progression than just increasing numbers. Limited slots makes for tougher decisions about what actions are necessary, and you can do a lot with very few slots if you take advantage of the way it doesn't execute unnecessary actions. What I want is being able to save gambit presets (it's a pain to switch back and forth between boss and enemy configurations), and at least twice as many available slots once you're at the endgame stuff.

Reactions: Armageddon11
Four job Fiesta is going on. It's a charity event that involves FFV. Basically, it's a challenge run where you are locked into jobs. Involves twitter.

Reactions: Jutsei
Four job Fiesta is going on. It's a charity event that involves FFV. Basically, it's a challenge run where you are locked into jobs. Involves twitter.

Locked jobs are a cinch when you know all enemies and bosses statistics.

honestly the trailer could have just been him running in the background of Narshe and that's it

less than 2 minutes and he's already annoying me...

goddammit

After a long silence, we got 3 new Dissidia Characters revealed!

So they add an FFXIV stage, with a remix, they have the character (reveals) be on the anniversary of FFXIV's relaunch, and then DON'T show Gaius Van Baelsar or another character, but another spin-off character and two Original the characters (Who are bootleg Cosmos and Chaos)?
Weak.
least they look decent.

Just give him a drink and have him hit Tidus a few times, he'll be perfect.

That Chaos ripoff is trying so fucking hard
Why couldn't we get,y'know...
Real Cosmos and Chaos?