• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Float Like A Princess, Hang On Like A Nurse, and Gloat Like A Clown!

Chi-Chi

I'm no good, but my sportsmanship is on point.
Reaction score
Steam
MissChidi
PSN
MissChidi
Parasoul Cerebella Valentine
Hi, I'm relatively new to the forums and I REALLY loved the art that I saw here. I don't have access to fancy art programs, so I just use Paint (basic, I know) and I just wanted to know what everyone thought about my first Skullgirl fanart.

Please, be kind. If you don't like it, please offer some CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I'm all ears, but be nice. T__T

My own thoughts: I had trouble making Cerebella hang onto Valentine's waist and I think I made Valentine's breasts a bit smaller than they really are. Also, I got lazy with drawing the crowd, so don't stone me to death--I'm not Picasso. I'm just some chick who really likes chibi faces. But I do like what I did to Krieg. Fat bitches FTW!! Oh, and the pink stars. Pink stars are cute, right?

I want to do more, and since I love Squigly and I've already drawn her by hand, I'll just figure out a way to transfer it to my laptop ._.

I don't know how to do the whole image thing, so yeah. Here's the picture in case the attachment thing screws up.:PUN:

Skullgirls - Float like a Princess, Gloat like a Clown.png

What's the point having that crowd? And why do they look like Cats, Penguins, or something? The pink background also looks a little girly for my tastes (yes I know the characters are supposed to be girls) and it looks like they're falling through some chibi alternate dimension or something.

I don't mean to be rude, but that's what my eyes are tellin me.

They are raging fans, DUH. xD Well, I do believe I went overboard with the crowd, but the point was that Skullgirls is a great game, so there will be raging fans (Me included). As for the pink stars, I am a girl who LOVES pink and stars and chibis and shit like that. And this picture wasn't made for your taste, it was made for mine.

This is my first art submission as well as me drawing it on a whim, so of course things are bound to not really make sense.

And this picture wasn't made for your taste, it was made for mine.
Yes I know that, never said or thought it was (sorry for making it sound like that). I just missed the part where you said you're a girl who likes pink and chibi stuff (my bad, sorry again).

But I wasn't the one who said:

If you don't like it, please offer some CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I'm all ears, but be nice. T__T

And I didn't say this either:
[/quote]and I just wanted to know what everyone thought about my first Skullgirl fanart.[/quote]

I'm just doin what your first post said: you asked what other people thought and I did it. I just didn't know what was going on your picture and I pissed a part of your first post, that's all. But for a first art submission, I thought that was quite good though.

Thank you for your clarification. ^_^ I just figured that EVERYBODY does the Dark Deco image of Skullgirls, and while Dark Deco is just positively alluring, I wanted to do something different and this came to my mind. I figured since Skullgirls is getting an insane fanbase, I'd throw the crowd in there. And like I said before:
I got lazy with drawing the crowd, so don't stone me to death--I'm not Picasso. I'm just some chick who really likes chibi faces.

I wanted to do more with the crowd, like I also stated before, but my hand got tired after trying to work out Cerebella's legs hanging onto Valentine's waist. xD Anyway, I'm glad you think it's a good try for a newbie. Your comments are appreciated.

You like stars, eh?

You sound like an Annie fan waiting to be made.

Reactions: Chi-Chi
Ay Chi-Chi listen, I'm not gonna to give any criticism on your art because I'm not an artist myself, but I will give you some real advice. Don't listen to Funkermonster or other people like him, they're not actually trying to help you.

Listen to the sincere advice of actual artists, not the people who only pretend to know what they're talking about. Seek out some of the other artists here who have received unanimous praise and ask them for help if you need it. Alright that's all I wanted to say.

Thank you, Denizen. Obviously, that guy hadn't read my full post the first time, so I had to repeat myself with my own quote, which is annoying. This was my very first submission, and I want to get better. I'll take your advice and seek out not-complete-jerkface people who actually can help me, because I had a friend warn me about the possible jerks I might run into.

^___^ Hopefully my other submissions will be better. :PUN: Again, I don't own fancy art programs. T^T Just Paint.

And DDB, I am just as anxious for Annie as you are! :D I wonder what her fighting style and other colors will be?
And her symbol...I bet it's a star. <3 I think I should draw her too...

Reactions: DDB
I think it's pretty good. Especially for Paint. The stars were a nice way to fill up the background without being distracting. I like the crowd. They're expressions are pretty funny and it's nice that they all have different expressions. Krieg looks pretty good, though the handle does seem a little off. I think it might be the angle or length, but I'm not sure.

The only thing that really bothers me are Parasoul, Valentine, and Cerebella themselves. Their heads look a little too big for their bodies.

Over all, I like it. But I am kinda interested in what you could do with a better program (or just by hand). Also, since you like drawing chibi faces, have you tried drawing in a completely chibi style?

Reactions: Chi-Chi
I think it's pretty good. Especially for Paint. The stars were a nice way to fill up the background without being distracting. I like the crowd. They're expressions are pretty funny and it's nice that they all have different expressions. Krieg looks pretty good, though the handle does seem a little off. I think it might be the angle or length, but I'm not sure.

The only thing that really bothers me are Parasoul, Valentine, and Cerebella themselves. Their heads look a little too big for their bodies.

Over all, I like it. But I am kinda interested in what you could do with a better program (or just by hand). Also, since you like drawing chibi faces, have you tried drawing in a completely chibi style?

Yeah, I was unhappy with the girls' heads, too, but I left it alone. Paint is just SO limiting to how I can draw, personally (I draw angular faces by hand and then erase a little bit of it to give proportion). I had no choice but to choose circles for their heads. And thank you for liking the crowd ^__^ I had fun drawing (or winging) their expressions!

As for chibi style, I tried to draw Chibi Cerebella with Chibi Vice-Versa on her head, but Vice-Versa came out awful. That was my last attempt since I last remembered... T^T I'll try again, but I think I should do Chibi Parasoul first, since she's my anchor on my dream team. xD

I don't know what your computer status or anything is, but you don't need money to have access to nice painting programs!

Krita, MyPaint, FireAlpaca and GIMP are all just a few examples of nice-quality art programs that can be downloaded from the internet completely free of charge. Photoshop CS2 is decade-old software, but you can download it freely and legally from Adobe's site.