• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fortune Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey have any of you guys noticed with the fix applied to the buffer window for specials after fiber upper launch into j.lk can't be input going up anymore? I'm not just sure if there's something that i don't understand about the change or if it's doing something that's unintended. That lk not coming out is getting me destroyed by peeps who mash through combos.
Is this DP+K~K -> LK or cr.HP/s.HK -> LK? You were a little unclear.

What are the conversion combos for slide and fiber?

What are the conversion combos for slide and fiber?
slide, c.lk, s.hk(2 hits), L fiber,
j.lk, j.hp,
c.mk, s.hk, L fiber,
j.mp, j.hp,
dash s.lpx2, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, H rekka, super

and

H fiber, j.mp, j.mk, M axe kick,
c.lk, s.hk(2 hits), L fiber,
j.lk, j.hp, M axe kick,
dash s.lpx2, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, H rekka, super

pretty basic

Reactions: Flurp Sensei
Dont know if this is known already, or if its well known but i contribute where i can.

Universal Midscreen meterless throw starter into full combo:

Throw, lp rekka plus mk bomber, immediate slide, dash st.lp

Universal against everyone. Very tight against fortune so just substitute mp rekka for lp rekka.

That's actually the standard for fortune's ground throw meterless conversions either that or two rekkas. One if you have beat extend.
Also sometimes you can use M or even H rekka!

From a grab I always do qcf lk+hp midscreen, works with both my assists.

Ok.. Haha good to know. Ive never see a fortune use throw conversions other than with cerecopter. My bad :)

Is there anyone who has a 1 bar 9000+ damage combo without any counter hit as start? thx a lot!

You'll only get 9k with a heavy counter hit starter for 1 bar. You can get 9k with 2 bars I'm sure.

How's this? It only works on Big Band, Eliza, Ms. Fortune, and Parasoul.

you could actually get some more damage from that if you dash forwards before the st.jab,, then you can get a full ground string of st.lplp-lk-mp-mk-hp xx rekkas

Thanks for you all guys, I'd like to learn a 2-bar 9000 damage combo if you could tell me~ Oh, and anyone might help optimize my combo? It's like:2=cr. 5=st. 214=qcb,236=qcf
2lk 5mk 2hp slight delay j.hp ads (slight delay,for light character like squigly)j.lk j.hp j.214mk land dash 2mk 2hp j.mp j.mk j.hp j.214mk land dash 5lp 5lk 5mp 5mk 5hp 236hp hp hp 236pp

Based on stuff I've seen around vs BB and other tall characters, optimized for easy of use on Double, can start with an overhead jLK as well I believe. Dunno if I'd do it in a real match.

My unique Fortune combo updated with a starter and ender change courtesy of Khaos. You can do microdash sLK instead of sLP and squeeze that in the last chain instead but.. eh. I don't care for it.

Based on stuff I've seen around vs BB and other tall characters, optimized for easy of use on Double, can start with an overhead jLK as well I believe. Dunno if I'd do it in a real match.

My unique Fortune combo updated with a starter and ender change courtesy of Khaos. You can do microdash sLK instead of sLP and squeeze that in the last chain instead but.. eh. I don't care for it.
Thanks a lot bro, gonna check it in training mode later~
P.S.actually, my combo did a little bit more damage I believe it's around 7400+, with a c.lk starter

Yeah, my combo is actually not the best, it's just.. different. I find it more comfortable, though.
Also, common courtesy to remove videos from quotes!

I haven't looked into a two meter Fortune route since Encore.
Her ground super losing the ability to combo after it means you'd have to rig something with the air super, which you can access from two rekkas and then cancelling the overhead into air super. But you can only combo after that headless? So.. you'd have to get a head removal in your combo, then you're headless Fortune, which doesn't have the damage you're looking for.

I haven't touched this character in a LONG TIME so you'll have to excuse me, haha. Not even sure what other players are doing right now aside from what I remember Khaos doing when she first started getting these last changes to jHP and CSF.

If you can find a way to combo into headspike/roll then I assume you can start a high damage Fortune head-on combo and then use headless to tack on two supers (at the cost of otg maybe? I don't know headless. Argh.) Pretty sure roll would require an assist. There's still a method for getting head spike, IIRC, but not sure you get anything after it in the combo.. except maybe with an assist? Unless you can do a head spike straight into air super sort of thing.

wow, thanks for your detailed instruction, I'll try to figure out the 2-meter combo with ideas your offerd if it's feasible. Actually my major character is not ms fortune either, I just found her interesting and comparabaly easier to get start with.
P.S.sorry for forgeting to get the video removed from quotes~ XDD

@Kris Estacado If you still decide to run Squigly, Fortune/Squigly probably isn't bad and you can just spend you two meters to do Fortune's ground super into Squigly's battle opera, charge a stance, and maybe catch them with silver chord, then backdash and do cHP for extra damage/a possible burst. Teams! Also, Fukua is a nice easy character to start with as well and she also synergizes well with Fortune OR Squigly. Have fun!

Reactions: Kris Estacado
Here, sorry for the double post. I just recorded the 3 head-on combos I use. None of them save OTG and I don't do fiber loops yet. Does anyone have a combo with axe kicks/jHP restand that ends in a ground string, fills undizzy, and doesn't use otg? If not, I'll see what I can do with fiber loops. Ending in the ground super with otg preserved is desirable now.

EDIT: Nevermind! A bit finicky still (6.6~6.8k) and not sure if universal, but saves otg!

No clue how much damage it does but try this:

c.lk, s.mk, c.hp,
j.hp, adc, j.lk, j.hp, M axe kick,
s.mk, s.hk, L fiber,
j.lp, j.hp, adc, j.mp,
s.lpx2, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, H rekka, super

@CaioLugon

I can't get jHP adc jLK jHP MAxe to restand. Either I get no axe, or I delay, and the axe doesn't restand.

I did this combo without the MAxe and got 6.6k

I did the combo without the jLK instead and got.. 7.2k! Nice! :D Thanks dude.

EDIT:

I'll just copy the YouTube description and throw in a couple of @ signs! Also I'm aware Khaos' Hoodcat combo video has a better one but I like this one!

Thanks @CaioLugon (combo basis), @IsaVulpes (long range confirm), and KhaosMuffins (vital Furrtune info). (Won't bug him for now.) You can sLK after the sLP2 in the last string, I always forget that.. should help with restands on light characters like Painwheel. Not a huge damage difference. Three different confirms shown. Tested on everyone with the cMP and sMK2 confirms. Saves OTG throughout if done properly, making this a solid setup for taking advantage of the sliding knockdown after super. Hurray! Carry everyone to the corner! Saving OTG is great for some DHCs too.

Music from Super Bomberman 3, BGM 2 by Jun Chiki Chikuma

I'll just copy the YouTube description and throw in a couple of @ signs! Also I'm aware Khaos' Hoodcat combo video has a better one but I like this one!

Thanks @CaioLugon (combo basis), @IsaVulpes (long range confirm), and KhaosMuffins (vital Furrtune info). (Won't bug him for now.) You can sLK after the sLP2 in the last string, I always forget that.. should help with restands on light characters like Painwheel. Not a huge damage difference. Three different confirms shown. Tested on everyone with the cMP and sMK2 confirms. Saves OTG throughout if done properly, making this a solid setup for taking advantage of the sliding knockdown after super. Hurray! Carry everyone to the corner! Saving OTG is great for some DHCs too.

Music from Super Bomberman 3, BGM 2 by Jun Chiki Chikuma
been there :P

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/general-bnb-compendium.4072/

If you can find a way to combo into headspike/roll then I assume you can start a high damage Fortune head-on combo and then use headless to tack on two supers (at the cost of otg maybe? I don't know headless. Argh.) Pretty sure roll would require an assist. There's still a method for getting head spike, IIRC, but not sure you get anything after it in the combo.. except maybe with an assist? Unless you can do a head spike straight into air super sort of thing.

You can still combo into headspike off a tiger kneed launcher.

Yeah Mr Peck showed me c:

I tried to learn one of @gllt's combos and messed it up so much that I gave up and made a new one.

Just a note: Valentine needs a weird timing and I didn't test this on heavies.

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt
Status
Not open for further replies.