• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Forum Problems and Feature Requests

Vadsamoht

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Vadsamoht
Ms. Fortune Robo Fortune
As it says in the title. Naturally things that affect the running of the site will be done before smaller things like adding icons, etc., but list anything you want to see here so I don't forget!

A little high brow perhaps but is there any way to have options of what colors view the site in? (For example, this color scheme, Old SH colors or even character color themes)
Also, if possible, it would be pretty cool to have a weekly/monthly banner or such.

A little high brow perhaps but is there any way to have options of what colors view the site in? (For example, this color scheme, Old SH colors or even character color themes)
Also, if possible, it would be pretty cool to have a weekly/monthly banner or such.
Themes will be available, but they take a little time to make.

Monthly banner would be cool - i'll look into that once the site is public.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Minor as it is, any word on bringing any of the old site-specific emoticons back? (Ms. Fortune pun heads, guitalex sig, etc.)

How do you make events now? I thought there used to be a "New Event" button somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it.

How do you make events now? I thought there used to be a "New Event" button somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it.
In 'Tournaments, Events and Local Gatherings', look at the top right, next to the button for creating a new thread.
The icon seems to keep dissapearing, so it's probably best to click 'Events' in the navbar, and then 'create event' from there.

Last edited:
In 'Tournaments, Events and Local Gatherings', look at the top right, next to the button for creating a new thread.
Ah, there it is. Thank you.

Are these trophy things gonna stick around this time?

Are these trophy things gonna stick around this time?
I don't really mind either way. The ones that are there are simply the forum defaults, but I can add more or disable them completely if people want.

Just get the foundations back up again and the fluff can come afterwards.

For some reason, the icon for a watched thread looks like a garbled version of this emoticon: :). Is this intentional, or some kind of problem?

The local community threads would be nice to add back in, or at least a "locals" section.
Yeah new section will be helpful for regional threads to not get lost within the tournament section

Reactions: DaRabidDuckie
So, would you rather have it as a subsection of the tournaments, threads etc. forum, or a new section on the main page entirely?

Where's the streaming/videos stuff?

Completely forgot about that. Coming soon.

That blue bar at the top of the site is very adventurous. I dunno if it's because I'm viewing the forum in Opera or not, but sometimes it likes to detach itself from the search bar and just hover at the top of the page while I scroll up and down.

It's not a big deal, but I've also noticed that it likes to pop down and cover up my formatting options when I work on a new post. If I click around it goes away for a minute, but eventually it comes back as I type. Kinda reminds me of the new Gmail Compose, only less annoying.

So, would you rather have it as a subsection of the tournaments, threads etc. forum, or a new section on the main page entirely?
Within the "tournaments & matchmaking" would work just fine.

That blue bar at the top of the site is very adventurous. I dunno if it's because I'm viewing the forum in Opera or not, but sometimes it likes to detach itself from the search bar and just hover at the top of the page while I scroll up and down.

It's not a big deal, but I've also noticed that it likes to pop down and cover up my formatting options when I work on a new post. If I click around it goes away for a minute, but eventually it comes back as I type. Kinda reminds me of the new Gmail Compose, only less annoying.
I've tested the site in FF and Chrome without much probelm, so it probably is a browser issue. I've passed on the info, but a fix could take some time because it would be a problem with the compatibility of the forum software rather than my modifications.

i dont care where it is, just somewhere to advertise local groups would be nice. to talk about non tournament stuff.

~thanks for all your work!~

Please add a mobile view this time instead of Tapatalk. Or if you do get Tapatalk support at least disable the annoying popup everytime I load a page in my Android browser.

Please add a mobile view this time instead of Tapatalk. Or if you do get Tapatalk support at least disable the annoying popup everytime I load a page in my Android browser.
What annoying popup are you talking about? I don't personally use a smartphone, so I'll need a little more info before I can fix it.

What annoying popup are you talking about? I don't personally use a smartphone, so I'll need a little more info before I can fix it.
On the old forum you had the Tapatalk plugin installed; every time you visit the forum from a mobile browser is does one of those annoying Javascript system() popups (like the Alert! boxes that you can make popup on Windows) that says to install Tapatalk. Tapatalk is a $4 app that is updated pretty frequently, and the updates aren't free; every time they decide to upgrade version numbers (from Tapatalk 2 to 3, 3 to 4, etc) they publish it as a new app with a $4 pricetag.

And on top of it all the app isn't very good.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is a regular mobile site would be much appreciated. I (and I'm sure many others) browse the web on my phone and tablet a majority of the time, and it'd just make it easier to be able to view the website in a browser with a mobile-optimized layout.

On the old forum you had the Tapatalk plugin installed; every time you visit the forum from a mobile browser is does one of those annoying Javascript system() popups (like the Alert! boxes that you can make popup on Windows) that says to install Tapatalk. Tapatalk is a $4 app that is updated pretty frequently, and the updates aren't free; every time they decide to upgrade version numbers (from Tapatalk 2 to 3, 3 to 4, etc) they publish it as a new app with a $4 pricetag.

And on top of it all the app isn't very good.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is a regular mobile site would be much appreciated. I (and I'm sure many others) browse the web on my phone and tablet a majority of the time, and it'd just make it easier to be able to view the website in a browser with a mobile-optimized layout.
The unfortunate truth is that for now it's either Tapatalk or nothing. The forum software this site currently uses doesn't natively support smartphones*, and so having a 'mobile version' would entail either a massive code rewrite or moving to a new set of software. I'm not going to do either because it would take a huge amount of work and would just make the site more unstable while it is being implemented.

* This isn't exactly true - responsive design is implemented with XenForo's default theme, which you are welcome to switch to by clicking in the bottom-left corner of the page. The problem is that it is diifficult to customize and does not offer many of the features we need, which is why were are using the current theme. Though the current one does not offer Responsive as it was made for an older version of XenForo, it seems likely that an update will appear eventually.

The unfortunate truth is that for now it's either Tapatalk or nothing. The forum software this site currently uses doesn't natively support smartphones*, and so having a 'mobile version' would entail either a massive code rewrite or moving to a new set of software. I'm not going to do either because it would take a huge amount of work and would just make the site more unstable while it is being implemented.

* This isn't exactly true - responsive design is implemented with XenForo's default theme, which you are welcome to switch to by clicking in the bottom-left corner of the page. The problem is that it is diifficult to customize and does not offer many of the features we need, which is why were are using the current theme. Though the current one does not offer Responsive as it was made for an older version of XenForo, it seems likely that an update will appear eventually.

Oh hey look at that, you're right. The default theme has a mobile view, sweet. I didn't mean to sound daft in asking for mobile, I'm a sysadmin by trade so I understand your pain :P I just thought maybe there was an easy way to do it (via a plugin system) or something less tedious than rewriting the entire forum software.

Oh well, I guess the default view is perfect. All I can complain about now is the color scheme.

Tapatalk should be working. I've disabled anything that should give a popup, so if you still get one let me know.

Reactions: Pobega
Have you increased the limit on how long posts can be yet?

Have you increased the limit on how long posts can be yet?
I've completely removed it - No matter what limit I set, I can see people writing long guides or essays in the lore section that will go over it.

Reactions: Deleted member 739
A longer 'Recent Threads' bar.
I don't care how much longer it is I just feel that 4 is too short. 5-7 sounds good to me.

A longer 'Recent Threads' bar.
I don't care how much longer it is I just feel that 4 is too short. 5-7 sounds good to me.
I've increased it to 5. There are still a few more blocks to be added there, so I don't want to take up too much more room before I know how much is available.

Is it possible to have the recent threads' thumbnails be the profile pic of the latest poster, and not the OP?
Also a link to the IRC would be useful in the navigation bar would be useful.

Is it possible to have the recent threads' thumbnails be the profile pic of the latest poster, and not the OP?
Also a link to the IRC would be useful in the navigation bar would be useful.
I'm not linking from here to the IRC at least until the number of idlers goes down a bit. As for the recent threads block, I agree that the avatars are misleading. I'll look into it.

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
Any word as to why we can't use images in sigs? Did I miss something in Skullhearts history?

Any word as to why we can't use images in sigs? Did I miss something in Skullhearts history?
A few people either put massive images or distracting, rapidly-changing .gifs there. Instead of having to come up with a long set of rules about what images are ok and what aren't (rules which people won't read half of the time anyway), we decided to just disallow them instead.

A few people either put massive images or distracting, rapidly-changing .gifs there. Instead of having to come up with a long set of rules about what images are ok and what aren't (rules which people won't read half of the time anyway), we decided to just disallow them instead.
Ah, that makes sense it does.

Not sure where else to put this but can we please have the link at the top of Skullgirls.com that says "Community" link to this forum?

I found myself curious if the username "Jim" was available on this forum. I tried to register again with it, not expecting to get it, and I actually did. Is it possible to have this account's name changed to "Jim" instead so I can keep my forum activity, (there isn't much, but it would still be nice to keep it) or should I just start fresh as "Jim"?