• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Frame Clean Up Errors Thread!

More fixes, more problems... Ah well. Feel guilty that I didn't report this sooner though.
Oh it got reported like the day Beowulf came out.
Still too scary.

Parasoul Error.png
Look at her eyelid. It's horrible!

Reactions: Cas Chronon
View attachment 10180 Look at her eyelid. It's horrible!

Please tell us what animation she's doing here. Characters have over 1000 frames and when it's not obvious what animation it's from, it's really tedious for us to go digging through trying to figure it out.

Please tell us what animation she's doing here. Characters have over 1000 frames and when it's not obvious what animation it's from, it's really tedious for us to go digging through trying to figure it out.

Looks like a pistol related anim or silent scope.

Found it. Forgot she pulls out the pistol for her lv3. Thanks!
Sorry for not specifying. Yeah it's the level 3.

Not sure where to post this, but none of painwheels palettes look right on the character select screen. they're all colored strangely, but when i use them in matches they're normal. An example is on the original palette in the character select screen, her arms and mask is black. am i the only one seeing this? is it a problem thats already being fixed?

Last edited:
This is already known and will be fixed. This occurred because of a mask transparency issue (or something like that) fix for xbox 360.

might want to look around the forums a bit more because this has been addressed at least 3 times now.

Not sure where to post this, but none of painwheels palettes look right on the character select screen. they're all colored strangely, but when i use them in matches they're normal. An example is on the original palette in the character select screen, her arms and mask is black. am i the only one seeing this? is it a problem thats already being fixed?
Must be testing shader in Beta.

i just noticed this, but on bella's ultimate showstopper (while removing the opponent from her shoe-sword) there's a line or maybe some sort of color error on her leg.

Zazz, are you referring to those lines around her legs?

Zazz, are you referring to those lines around her legs?
yeah. i'm pretty sure they're errors.

since mike says there's a patch going out soon, i may as well post an example of the error I saw
Not a cleanup error; possibly something weird going on after Mike changed the renderer. It's most likely not going to get touched at this point.

Forehead is skin colour instead of black.
Aadsfkghgkd ok fixing this now.
Also, just noticed this screenshot also highlights another error, so I'm fixing that, too!

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
In my xbox version of SG. Ms. fortune mouth (the teeth i guees), is transparent, i can see the background trough her mouth.

Since i use the class room stage to practice, and Fortune as a dummy, is something easy to notice when you hit her, you can see the board trough her mouth.

I can't take prints, as i said, it is in the Xbox, and i don't have anyway to take capture the screen.

I've noticed in all frames where her mouth is open and she is showing her teeth. It seems that other parts of the mouth are okay (tongue).

Reactions: gluemchen
In my xbox version of SG. Ms. fortune mouth (the teeth i guees), is transparent, i can see the background trough her mouth.
Aww, same problem PW had, okay thank you!

Aww, same problem PW had, okay thank you!
Also, ms fortune's necklace, its teeth is also transparent.

Edit: Parasoul's teeth too, in the few frames that they appear.

Last edited:
During Cerebella's Ultimate Showstopper, her hat's arms do not show the correct color. Also, a small line appears across her leg (right under "barely"). Both of these apply to multiple color palettes.
GX9R21w.jpg

tMi8SvP.jpg

Don't know if this still matters but Val's hair tie looks like it's uncolored in one of the frames in her idle.

Left is the color it is normally.

tMi8SvP.jpg

Don't know if this still matters but Val's hair tie looks like it's uncolored in one of the frames in her idle.

Left is the color it is normally.
I think that's the normal color? It's just shaded I think.

Just checked, it's the proper color in all of 'em. It's the shading + the color you use. :^)

Just checked, it's the proper color in all of 'em. It's the shading + the color you use. :^)
Guess that's why I never noticed it before.

I checked the default color on different sides of the stage and it's still like that.
E55E0G3.jpg

There's also something similar in her forward walk where the lighter one is the default and the darker one only shows for a frame.
vrG8Um2.jpg

Reactions: Flotilla and Wenzel
Untitled.png
No idea if it's too late to fix this @render or if you guys care, but her underwear(?) is the wrong colour during this standing hit low frame.

upload_2016-8-7_17-41-25.png

Some miniature lines in a sort of gridded pattern when Big band uses c.LP, on the lower valve of the saxophone on his back and around it. I've seen it on multiple palettes and different stages.

Last edited:
No idea if it's too late to fix this @render or if you guys care, but her underwear(?) is the wrong colour during this standing hit low frame.
I fixed it.

Some miniature lines in a sort of gridded pattern when Big band uses c.LP, on the lower valve of the saxophone on his back and around it. I've seen it on multiple palettes and different stages.
Definitely a video card not playing nice with the game. Can't fix it art-wise, sorry. :[

It didn't bother me until someone pointed it out to me but one of the Road Roller's eyes is black and empty.

HaraLyU.png

Checking old footage, it seems to have been there since PS3 days but just to be sure it's not something everyone missed, I'll make a mention of it.

xyF0WKx.png

There's also this seam in the argus beam graphic that's more noticeable on brighter colors, but that might be my graphics card doing that. Although I don't see a similar seam on Robo's beams so...

Parasoul has a ton of clean up errors(?) around her eye during her standing idle.
The white from her sclera bleeds outside the black of the pupil in 8 of her frames, and the iris does the same for one of them.

Sclera example:
Captasfasfure.PNG

Iris example:
Capffffffture.PNG

Just noticed an error in Big Band's standing idle.

It appears when Big Band bends his legs all the way down, on the lowest valve on his trench coat. It is a discolored pixel on the upper section of the ring that is the same color as the coat.

upload_2016-8-18_11-24-4.png

upload_2016-8-18_11-24-35.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Receita Federal
Just noticed an error in Big Band's standing idle.

It appears when Big Band bends his legs all the way down, on the lowest valve on his trench coat. It is a discolored pixel on the upper section of the ring that is the same color as the coat.

EDIT: Nevermind! I found it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rabbleflaggers
Hey! Remember me? No? Well, that's okay! Anyways, I found another thing (Just one this time! Not a ton like last time.) Like the other guy mentioned, it happens to Big Band's valve ring, when he bends his legs, but instead of it being one pixel at the top it's now the entirety of all 3 rings. (Looking like someone may have accidentally did that when fixing the pixel thing?)

22153771158C439617107EA84DDF9359F692DFA0
54C9429D4C0E789631D1E03BD18A144BFF592A6F

Speaking of Big Band. I'm not sure if this has to do with shading or not, but it's the same for all stages. The top surface of the middle valve on his coat, as well as the bracket that connects to the valve, becomes a darker shade when crouching.
upload_2016-8-20_20-16-49.png

upload_2016-8-20_20-18-58.png

Last edited:
Big Band's feet are different color in character select than in game. This applies to both Beta and Retail.
Applies to a lot of palettes, like Peacocks skirt in colour 4, and Filia's eyes in almost every colour.
I think it's known, but..

Last edited:
Filia's eyes are broken because...well, I know why they're broken.
Admittedly, I did almost zero checking on color select. It's a different asset that goes through a different process and are super tiny, but I guess I'll give it a look at some point. BLAH

I did almost zero checking on color select.

He means "on character select".

Seems that Avery's beak is miscolored on a end frames of Argus Agony.

D7czGq1.png