• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua Team and Assists Thread

I have been digging the drill. I have yet to test lovedart. Another honorable mention is Cr.mk but as mentioned early in the thread its not the greatest.

H Drill gives a useable close range teleport crossup assist for Peacock if she doesn't have a better one already (like LnL or Napalm Pillar). Ground darts don't have enough hitstun to work.

I think people are gonna get her nerfed and she'll end up in Painwheel-style no-man's land where she doesn't fit well at point but her assists/utility are not good enough to compete with the DP characters not-on-point or Double/the armored assist characters in the back.

Centre Stage->M Clone = what's that i heard you liked doing anything that isn't blocking at fullscreen time to eat a combo, oh you were blocking anyway time for stupid ass pressure

Reactions: Dime
Centre Stage->M Clone = what's that i heard you liked doing anything that isn't blocking at fullscreen time to eat a combo, oh you were blocking anyway time for stupid ass pressure
if its charged i would be afraid.......however pushblock solves this crap

How do you pushblock Centre stage, and why is charged centre stage harder to pushblock?

Fukua is quite a powerful character so you've gotta salt it up a bit, try Parasoul or Valentine, oh wait.. I forgot about Valentine, her actual character sucks but she is redeemed
by her TITS

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. There's always ways around pushblock, because fukua can act almost immediately after they have to block the shadow, she can do dash up j.HK, dash up j.HK light fireball, ground throw, c.LK, overhead shadow, back off do fireball for plus frame, or whatever other myriad of pressure or mixup you want to do, world is your oyster.

Its strength comes when Fukua is fullscreen doing fireballs, and once you try to counterzone or airdash or do anything that isn't blocking, BAM.

I would still like you to explain this "stupid ass pressure" @ClarenceMage

Not denying Centre Stage is actually a fantastic assist for Fukua though I still prefer 2HP because it allows me to get much more consistent offensive pressure and be a lot trickier on offense.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. There's always ways around pushblock, because fukua can act almost immediately after they have to block the shadow, she can do dash up j.HK, dash up j.HK light fireball, ground throw, c.LK, overhead shadow, back off do fireball for plus frame, or whatever other myriad of pressure or mixup you want to do, world is your oyster.

Its strength comes when Fukua is fullscreen doing fireballs, and once you try to counterzone or airdash or do anything that isn't blocking, BAM.
i'll have to test but i swear if you pushblock shadow she can't even j hk and even if she were able to can't you pbgc?

neither pushblock nor PBGC are miracle cure-alls, you still have to make a decision as a defender to avoid getting mixed up

@Tomo009 just give me a few more weeks to actually learn fukua instead of just getting slapped by fukua and I'll be able to articulate a real answer

Just get vid of gfarmer. That will let it be known. But as far as what concerns "stupid pressure" imagine that you are playing aganst someone and that the mindgame currently dictates that you make some space... So you go to make space and throw that fire... But when you do you are eating sing xx mk shadow pressure AT THE EXACT TIME WHEN YOU DIDNT WANT TO BE PRESSURED. Thats basically the "magic" behind the assist. The correct way to handle it is to pressure fukua since she doesnt have a "real" assist... But she like keepaway and stuff... So it isnt easy at all.

I center stage with MK shadow all the time, but I run Squigly on point. FAC assist with center stage is filthy

[ Fukua + Squigly ] is weak to infighting style

like Filia and Fortune

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on how they are bad at close range fighting?

Weak/risky reversal options

[ Fukua + Squigly ] is weak to infighting style

like Filia and Fortune
I told CM to rush you down when he saw Squigly. Add Big Band to the team and you've got a solid 3 man team though.

So i was wondering how does fukua with squigly drag and bite and double with butt assist measure up

So i was wondering how does fukua with squigly drag and bite and double with butt assist measure up
A bit redundant.

You should probably use center stage if you plan to play Fukua point.

I was going to try that too as well im really liking fukua as my point character as well even tho i just tried her out for the first time

I usually go with drag and bite myself

Im trying to develop her to my style based on her tools so im trying to fit her with squigly

why not C hp?. sorry but.......center stage? just why?
I ONLY use center stage with Fukua.

Center Stage + Fukua 214MK.

It's just an absolutely fantastic synergy that allows you to steal advantage or even catch them and combo from anywhere.

If you have Double Butt (or any lockdown assist) there isn't much reason NOT to use it with Fukua/Squigs really

EDIT:
Im trying to develop her to my style based on her tools so im trying to fit her with squigly

Fukua/Squigly works well I can say from experience. Assuming you have a good 3rd (which you do, clearly)

Nice im really liking the synergy between the three with double butt into shadows works wonders :)

Was it a good idea when I put Painwheel on my team to make it Fukua/Painwheel/Big Band? I have no idea what assist I can use on Painwheel, but I usually have M Shadow (which I change to H shadow sometimes for giggles) on Fukua and H Knuckles/L Beat Extend on Big Band. Are these terrible ideas?

Was it a good idea when I put Painwheel on my team to make it Fukua/Painwheel/Big Band? I have no idea what assist I can use on Painwheel, but I usually have M Shadow (which I change to H shadow sometimes for giggles) on Fukua and H Knuckles/L Beat Extend on Big Band. Are these terrible ideas?
I'd go with pw(throw)/fukua(M shadow)/BB(L beat extend)

Is it weird that I'm actually finding Fukua a really reliable anchor for when the rest of my team gets killed?

Is it weird that I'm actually finding Fukua a really reliable anchor for when the rest of my team gets killed?

Why are you finding that Fukua is reliable as an anchor?

Simply put, against a lot of opponents she just seems to survive longer and do more hits/damage than quite a few other characters seem to manage, making her a good fallback for when everyone else has died.

This may just be to the lumberingly-incompetant way I play this game, but is it unusual?

Simply put, against a lot of opponents she just seems to survive longer and do more hits/damage than quite a few other characters seem to manage, making her a good fallback for when everyone else has died.
Sounds more like a reason for her to be on point. Another reason is you can use her zoning abilities to learn how an opponent plays so you can read them better. If Fukua is in danger you can always DHC so you can let her heal and use her again later.

This may just be to the lumberingly-incompetant way I play this game, but is it unusual?
Filia/bella can do this and so much more and have access to better defensive tools than fukua atleast in beta.

Sounds more like a reason for her to be on point. Another reason is you can use her zoning abilities to learn how an opponent plays so you can read them better. If Fukua is in danger you can always DHC so you can let her heal and use her again later.

Yeah, that's a blindly obvious point I hadn't considered before. I'm only knew so I don't have that many teams yet, so I was more just putting people in teams and worrying less about who did which roles. Thanks for that.

Reactions: ClarenceMage