• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Game runs slow while streaming and recording gameplay clips.

the_rpg_king

Maid of Justice
Reaction score
Steam
KnockDownJoe
PSN
rpgking20
Unknown Robo Fortune Double
I wanted to stream and play some Skullgirls on PC and record some moments. But the moment I started streaming or recording, it runs slow and I am using Bandicam to record clips and streaming through OBS.

What are the specs on your PC? There are so many different permutations of hardware that it's difficult to troubleshoot without info on the type of machine you're using.

What are the specs on your PC? There are so many different permutations of hardware that it's difficult to troubleshoot without info on the type of machine you're using.

Device name: LAPTOP-MHV3D32P
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz
Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.82 GB usable)
Device ID: AE163EEC-47B0-4401-92B9-BBC97DBED919
Product ID: 00325-81715-01063-AAOEM
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch: No pen or touch input is available for this display

Those specs are kinda on the lower end of the power spectrum. Running two graphics intensive programs (a video game and a screen recorder) might just be overtaxing your system in general.

Making sure the game is in fullscreen might be able to help, but I'm not really sure there's much else you can do here. Maybe making sure all other programs are closed aside from SG and the recorder could help a teensy bit too?

Those specs are kinda on the lower end of the power spectrum. Running two graphics intensive programs (a video game and a screen recorder) might just be overtaxing your system in general.

Making sure the game is in fullscreen might be able to help, but I'm not really sure there's much else you can do here. Maybe making sure all other programs are closed aside from SG and the recorder could help a teensy bit too?
Looks like you made a good point. I'll be sure to close Bandicam and other programs before I run SG on PC because I noticed that leaving Bandicam running caused my game to run slow, even while streaming. I am doing a PC streaming test in taking steps to become a content creator on Twitch. A G-rated one who never swears.

Last edited:
Also, I just want to make it clear that the moment I enter the lobby menu, the game runs slow until I exit the lobby menu.

After looking at the specs of my laptop I'm using, I have learned that they are not good enough for Skullgirls and other Steam games to run smoothly on my PC no matter the solution, so this means that I won't be going full blast on the Steam version and will be postponing sending you guys an invitation to my special online casual, which will take place on the Steam version until I get a new laptop with better specs. So until then, I'm just gonna stick with playing Skullgirls on console. I just wish that the characters' Alpha phase is possible to be released on consoles, but it isn't.