• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Games the community is working on/finished

can i add in my two cents?

can you have a warning on the game not to watch/play it at night in a dark room.

my eyes...

other than that, it looks awesome man.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook

I released my second demo earlier this month, but today I made a nice clean download page and tutorial for it!

It's got:

>1 playable stage! Excitement!
>Original Music!!!
>1 enemy sprite that isn't a placeholder, wow!!!
>No boss theme...yet!

My main takeaway from feedback so far has been "people don't read tutorials". So I'm probably going to force an in-game one on them the first time they create a save file, next demo. Until then, this will have to do...

Anyway, aside from that! Finished and sprited up the first enemy design!

Concept Art and Model Sheet stuff

4d5YW2y.jpg

RBjm2GK.png

cOT849z.jpg

Final Version:
pO1lEKe.png

He's got a much more sickly, wraith-like look, compared to some of the other enemies we've concepted. My head-lore is that he's an imperfectly born Demonspawn...possibly the result of someone - well, nevermind that. Don't want to be too ghoulish!

Here's a little webm of his in-game sprite!

https://webmshare.com/play/oPLwv

Unfortunately, the "head turn" didn't make it into the demo.

Anyway! I'm on a slight break until exams are over. I've been mulling over the gameplay feedback I've received, and I think I have a good idea how to proceed. Additional feedback still appreciated though!

Meanwhile, having the artists keep working on some more misc sprites, and developing concept for next enemy design! Here's what Aruspice has been up to:

dmieBmo.png

7RcNa14.png

Much like the satyr's of classical myth, the body can be seen as a metaphor for the natural world and humanities place in it. At its top, a statuesque humanoid figure, crowned with the light of knowledge...but just below this kingly surface lies a chaotic and violent reminder of its bestial origin. An ever-present darkside.

Of course, all that goes to hell when it hits second phase and the proboscis comes slithering out! Planning on animating that with some oldschool konami style sprite ragdolling.

Last edited: