• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

General Fanart Discussion (Potentially NSFW)

Speaking of the gal with the best caboose:

chunky_girl_problems_by_frankaraya-d8qdsln.png

http://frankaraya.deviantart.com/art/Chunky-girl-problems-528043019

Last edited:
Your point?

EDIT: Fuck it, I'm trashing them both anyway. Should've gone with my previous idea and kept the post Best Girl-centric.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'm trashing them both anyway. Should've gone with my previous idea and kept the post Best Girl-centric.
...why would you remove pictures from your post? Who the fuck cares if you're reposting art? :/ If it looks cool, put it here so we can discuss it!

Your point?
I would hope focusing on the head would highlight my issue with this.

BellaFortune.gif

Again, your point? It's not like same-face syndrome is an uncommon thing. There's more than enough emphasis of difference on the body which, I can tell you right now, was getting a lot more focus on by me than the face.

...why would you remove pictures from your post? Who the fuck cares if you're reposting art? :/ If it looks cool, put it here so we can discuss it!
Because apparently they're causing me more trouble than they're worth, and as I mentioned, detracting from the real purpose of my post: Filia and her glorious curves.

Reactions: majorgalaxy
What does it mean?

Again, your point? It's not like same-face syndrome is an uncommon thing. There's more than enough emphasis of difference on the body which, I can tell you right now, was getting a lot more focus on by me than the face.

Regardless of how common something is, if it's a bad thing (which I think it is) then it should be pointed out. That's how critique and discussion works.
The guy is undisputadly a talented artist, but he seems extremely shackled by drawing stuff in one particular way that he's comfortable with and not straying outside it.

I don't think I could even intentionally line up two characters on the page as identically as these two are without actually layering them on top of each other.

And as for drawing focus, the eyes are very piercing in both images and very much designed to draw the eye regardless of where your focus ended up.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Discussion is going shiiiiiiiiiit again, you guys are getting on my nerves. Fortunately, I got ammo for this fight.

Also, to kill 2 birds with one stone :
@Osmiumsmith how dare you make a Marie-only post!
You're the one getting Marie'd here! (wait no I meant...uh...)
[Lots of Marie Art]
OK GUYS CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW CUTE PEACOCK AND MARIE DANCING TOGETHER IS

<This post has been edited by Cellsai. Please do not quote images.>

Speaking of the gal with the best caboose:
*slow clap* bravo sir

<This post has been edited by Cellsai. Please do not quote images.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SkullMan
Regardless of how common something is, if it's a bad thing (which I think it is) then it should be pointed out. That's how critique and discussion works.
The guy is undisputadly a talented artist, but he seems extremely shackled by drawing stuff in one particular way that he's comfortable with and not straying outside it.

I don't think I could even intentionally line up two characters on the page as identically as these two are without actually layering them on top of each other.

And as for drawing focus, the eyes are very piercing in both images and very much designed to draw the eye regardless of where your focus ended up.

I just want to throw out there that same-face syndrome is the absolute worst thing to me. 'Cause the face is the best part of the human body by far.

One of the reasons I like Alex Ahad's art. He does a good job of making the characters faces (as well as body types) very different while maintaining a very cartoony style.

I like that Cerebella art but...I see what you guys meant by the white-washing.

View attachment 9364
sameface and whitewasihng art aside,i do not like how this guy is drawing hair

I really hate talking shit about someone's art but I also don't like the way the eyes are drawn they look....dead.

I have mixed feelings towards the Marie x Peacock ship, i do like them together as very close friends and all, but for some reason i can't see a love relationship working for those 2, i dunno why.

Edit: post regarding the picture posted about Marie and Peacock marrying.

Reactions: KaboomKid
I have mixed feelings towards the Marie x Peacock ship, i do like them together as very close friends and all, but for some reason i can't see a love relationship working for those 2, i dunno why.

Edit: post regarding the picture posted about Marie and Peacock marrying.

Yeah the idea of Marie and Peacock being in a relationship is creepy.

Reactions: ACreationist
Yeah the idea of Marie and Peacock being in a relationship is creepy.
Yeah, I agree.
It's creepily good, like, is it supposed to be this smile-inducing??

Yeah, I agree.
It's creepily good, like, is it supposed to be this smile-inducing??
oh don't get me wrong, i do like to see them together, but actually marrying while still being childs? no no, if they were adults then ok, go ahead, i'll even bring some punch to the party.

Do you ever see children playing house and just kick their toys away?
Because that's what I see in what I just read.

Do you ever see children playing house and just kick their toys away?
Because that's what I see in what I just read.
Yes i did contradict myself but it's because i realized it's not the ship what i hate, but that marrying picture.

Honestly I would see them more fitting if it was a Class-S thing.

Inb4 Argon says weeaboo words he's not even that much proficient of
that same face
OH FOR FUCK-
That just seems lazy. Either he's a beginner for art (and this comes from a I-didn't-even-start-shit guy) or it's just lazy.

OH FOR FUCK-
That just seems lazy. Either he's a beginner for art (and this comes from a I-didn't-even-start-shit guy) or it's just lazy.
You can find same-face syndrome even in successful artists like Tony Taka and Aoi Nishimata, simply because they found a formula that has mass appeal.
Also, when you draw nothing but pin ups, it's kind of hard to distance away from drawing the same face over and over.

In terms of critique, it's obvious the guy knows some stuff about illustration, but I have issue with how the colors are always so dull and neutral. There's no variety in anything, from the poses to the materials rendering. Granted, I have a lot of similar issues myself, so maybe I shouldn't talk.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
That is good bella art. Though I think her left (our right) eye is a little off.

Reactions: dragonos451
Was that drinking fountain comment necessary though? I mean damn thats kinda really gross if you think about it.

Reactions: The Dave
Maybe it's Eliza's point of view.

EDIT: and I got ninja'd

Was that drinking fountain comment necessary though? I mean damn thats kinda really gross if you think about it.

for eliza, yes.
that, and the blood's kinda spurting upwards as if she's a water fountain.

Taste like kool-aid...N-not that I would know.