• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Getting wrecked by Zev daily!

Zev/CoH is like my Painwheel sensei.

Regarding his pressure (from what I've seen in the twitch video) against you:

• I would suggest pushblocking the c.MK or st.HP of painwheel's ground strings to make subsequent flight followups a little more predictable on his end.

• Reversal fibers and PBGC fibers are really tough for Painwheel to deal with, especially solo. Try to find places for them at the end of block strings or when you know a fly cancel is coming.

Regarding your pressure:

• Fortune's speed and air throw is also really great to scoop PW if she's going for armored j.HP in neutral, just be sure you can cover the distance quickly enough to either surprise them if they're charging, or beat them to the punch on their active frames.

• Fortune's head is actually really annoying for Painwheel once you have her blocking since she has no meterless reversal. She has to sit through a lot of blockstrings (or at least pushblock really intelligently) other characters don't, and has to be really be awake for IAD/low/throw pressure.

• Painwheel has a lot of disjointed hitboxes in the air, and it can feel really scary to throw out a lot of j.HK xx airdash j.HKs or j.MKs, but if you're in the air before she is, you'll do better than you think.

• Fortune's LP and c.LP are ridiculously fast. Try to find good places to challenge PW with it while she's grounded.

Last edited: