• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

GG XX AC +R Steam Version

JBThazard

Jazzgasm
Reaction score
Steam
JBThazard
Valentine Robo Fortune Big Band
Did anyone else nab this version of the game just recently? I've been playing equal amounts online and single player and having only been used to #R, I'm really enjoying this "definitive" update of the XX series. I figured the game could use its own thread on here since there's hopefully some other SG PC players who have bought it as well.

Been messing around with it a little bit. How's the netplay? I've heard its pretty awful.

How's the netplay? I've heard its pretty awful.
I think it's the good ol' arksys netplay.
If the other player isn't ludicrously near you you're not gonna have a good time.

Netplay's....not so good. I wish they'd use something like GGPO. Some matches are pretty clean, some are pretty terrible, most are meh/doable. It's still fun playing the game with others, but there are never that many people online to begin with so finding a match, regardless of connection, can sometimes be an adventure.

Netplay is consistently good and bad for me. Some games, I get flawless connection but other games, its so bad and it really hard to move.

It's a good game and the port is okay, but the netcode is barely functional.