• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I like that you can chain her kick specials like in X2. If that was also doable in XX, then I'm sorry, I didn't know that stayed.
1. X2 == XX, just different ways of writing the title.
2. Jam had chained kick specials in #Reload, but not in Accent Core or Accent Core Plus R. Not sure about Slash, Midnight Carnival, or any version of X.

Interesting...watching some videos it seems like Rapid Cancles are much more prevalent here than they are in Blazblue, and supers seem to be a bit less like combo enders.

Yeah, unlike BlazBlue, the supers in this game never end to scale, so in 90% of cases you will get more damage by inserting a rapid rather than a super.

2. Jam had chained kick specials in #Reload, but not in Accent Core or Accent Core Plus R. Not sure about Slash, Midnight Carnival, or any version of X.

I played Midnight Carnival and you could still chain those.

So me and a bunch of other people are doing an amateur dub of GG Xrd Revelator. I'm voicing Raven.

Only thing of it out so far, just wanted people's thoughts. I think the Amateur part really shows, but a lot of the people do sound at least decent if the audio balancing wasnt just absolutely fucked.

Thoughts?

Wish i could summon a certain game dev to do potemkin.

That being said, you guys should try to adapt the text to the time you have to do it. Many lines sound unnatural because there's too much text for too little time.

Your line went pretty well. I'd reinforce the insane tone dragging some letters (like I'm sssure we can understand each other)
That or you add a german accent (raven is german, isn't he?)

Last edited:
I kinda do that, and next we're working on Arcades. I think Im a little too monotone in the Arcade runs but htose arent out yet sooooo...meh?

Anyways, thanks. I don't think I can really do much of an accent yet past my own, but Im' trying to kind of go for a sing-songy approach with dragging some lines and making him sound upbeat or gravely in short spaces of time.

If it's a fake, it's so well done it deserves to be believed.

Rev for PC by 2022 right?

They seem as if they want most of accent core cast back.

Still waiting for Zappa :(

Baiken Was cool from the story I've seen. I know of Anji but not how important he is....

...But what about Robo-Ky?!

Rip aND TEAR THE FAKERS

(but actually no don't rip and tear them. maybe just slap them good)

Man I know most of the gg scene was not a fan of vs. baiken.

But, Baiken I miss you so much.

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is coming to steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/520440
That's a surprisingly short turnaround for ArcSys. I mean, I realize they've been pretty consistently porting one game every 2 months, and I figured this would speed up the turnaround on new games being ported, but it's still a pleasant surprise.

Raven ZzZzzZ

I wish they fix the Ravens mechanic, because you can actually totally ignore it and its a better char lol

Now the question is: is there going to be another version that will not be sold as an expansion, thus spending another 30 bucks on it?

Now the question is: is there going to be another version that will not be sold as an expansion, thus spending another 30 bucks on it?

Lol "another 30 bucks".

Sorry but Revelator will cost 50$ -10% at start and another -10% if you own Sign, and it doesn't include DLC. So the next one will probably not be any cheaper.

And there probably will be another expansion since the Story mode is inconclusive as far as I heard.

I'd normally jump on the occasion but that price is a bit of a killer for me.

I finally got Revelator for PS3 a little over a week ago. Might be ready for vs this weekend.
Being doing single player content up to this point. And keeping tabs on the Discord chat.
Guess better late than never!

Hello. Now that Revelator will come for PC I will finally start playing GG. Jam, Jack O and Dizzy really interests me. As someone that never played GG before, are they good characters to start or should I choose someone else?

Hello. Now that Revelator will come for PC I will finally start playing GG. Jam, Jack O and Dizzy really interests me. As someone that never played GG before, are they good characters to start or should I choose someone else?

Nope, try first beating the tutorial and complete it, I personally suggest use Ky its a good char. to learn all the mechanics.

Reactions: Raging_Zoroark
Jack O and Dizzy aren't really intuitive or simple characters to use.
Jam is more simple: get knockdowns, buff your specials with the cards and rush them down.
There are way easier characters to use. The tutorials are pretty good still.

Reactions: Wenzel
Nope, try first beating the tutorial and complete it, I personally suggest use Ky its a good char. to learn all the mechanics.
He's also as shoto as a swordsman can be.

Thanks for the insight. Gonna try Jam because I like characters that have stuff to do after getting an opportunity (like Squigly charging stances), but I'll sure look for Ky if I hit a wall or something.

Reactions: Wenzel