• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I'm glad she's gonna be playable, but I kind of already thought she would. I just wonder what other characters will be joining her and the rest of the cast in this update. I'm hoping for Johnny, Baiken, and Dizzy.
^THIS. ALL OF IT. I NEED MY LOLICON WAKAMOTO FIX.^
And Testament. Get me those four and I'm set. No regrets.

Anyway, according to EH who are in turn according ASW...
Ramlethal has a familiar who helps out during the battle, so you can vary your attack patterns. She's reported to be a tricky fighter. Her giant sword can be split and used as two weapons. Depending on the situation, there's a wide variety of tricks you can employ when splitting your sword, which will vary according to the player's style.
Ramlethal also has fireballs, and a special throw, to nail opponents who are blocking.
With sword mode, sword-split mode, and her combos, and other things — Ramlethal boasts more ways to attack than any other character in the game.

Ramletherl_Valentine_GGXrd_Artwork.png

Reactions: jam1220 and Wenzel
I'm glad she's gonna be playable, but I kind of already thought she would. I just wonder what other characters will be joining her and the rest of the cast in this update. I'm hoping for Johnny, Baiken, and Dizzy.
My predictions even before Ramlethal's announcement was that she and Sin would be playable in the arcades before console release, and consoles will add 5 more characters. My guesses: Jam, Johnny, Baiken, Bridget, and one other brand new character.

Now I realize in that pic that it could probably be Faust giving her a Kancho ._.

Now I realize in that pic that it could probably be Faust giving her a Kancho ._.
It is, you can see by the white background, which shows up when showing the character's reaction to Kancho. now for the gif of it.

Reactions: EA575
Holy crap this game's OST.

Reactions: Wenzel
I saw some arcade story mode stuff and I gotta ask:

Is anyone else totally amazed at how friggin' CHIPP is being portrayed as a model of responsible leadership in May's story? Ok, he exclaims "BUSHIDO!" in the next scene, but still, Chipp being a level headed leader is something I did not expect.

Am I the only one who feels the soundtrack was nerfed a bit?

Not a fan of Ky or Chipp's new themes for example. ESPECIALLY compared to their classic ones.

I saw some arcade story mode stuff and I gotta ask:

Is anyone else totally amazed at how friggin' CHIPP is being portrayed as a model of responsible leadership in May's story? Ok, he exclaims "BUSHIDO!" in the next scene, but still, Chipp being a level headed leader is something I did not expect.

He had a few years to mature. Too me it seems in character, that he'd work really hard at whatever he's trying at the moment (in this case being a leader.)

Not really. It's nice to get brand new tunes after listening to the same tracks for over a decade. I love Ky & Slayer's themes (I'm partial to jazz so the latter's is an instant winner). I like I-No's, Axl, Potemkin, & Bedman's. Overall it's solid.

After listening to the whole thing, I REALLY like Slayer's theme. I quite like Potemkin's but I loved Burly heart and I find the new one to be a bit too up and down for fighting game music. I also like I-No's a bit, Midnight Carnival was one of my favourite XX tracks though so hard to top that.

I could listen to the whole XX or X soundtrack and listen to each song as I would other stuff in my music library, I'm just not finding that with Xrd's track list.

she looks so awesome, I can't wait till it hits console to play as her

Is it me, or is I-no's Horizontal Chemical Love much larger?

Is it me, or is I-no's Horizontal Chemical Love much larger?
Than XX ? It actually seems to be significantly shorter.

From Ramlethal's description:

"A single girl who declared war on the entire world..."

Maybe she is just looking for a Significant Other, and since she can't find one she has no choice but to destroy the world. :(

So, when are we all gonna fight irl for her.... there can only be one

Reactions: EA575

Maybe she is just looking for a Significant Other, and since she can't find one she has no choice but to destroy the world. :(
sounds like the villains from half minute hero, so is she a trap character?

*Sin*
Sol: Dammit, Ky! Could you PLEASE tell your kid to stop following us?
Ky: I dunno what you're talking about.
Sol: Yeah that's real mature, Ky.
Ky: Look, just keep acting like he's not here.

Chipp being a level headed leader is something I did not expect.
Losing the presidential elections by one vote was a big turning point for him.

It's a bit of a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't scenario for them. Remixed classics would be criticized because the tunes were being re-used instead of making new ones and new ones are criticized because we're already too accustomed to the classics.
I still haven't managed to listen enough of it to make a assessment but in principle, I think it's a good thing. I don't need a tenth version of Holy Orders. :3
On the other hand, I would have liked to hear remixes of Guilty Gear 1 themes (chiefly A Fixed Idea, In Slave's Glory and The March of the Wicked King...though IIRC these were remixed in a compilation album so I guess it's all good).

Here is some Ramlethal footage.....
I guess she's the "gesticulate to make crap appear and move around" type almost every fighting game nowadays has to have but also has a healthy slew of kicks to balance that out. Looks interesting...but I'd be lying if I said I prefer her over Johnny, Baiken, Dizzy or Testament. We'll see.
But yeah, some things about her style almost scream don't expect Dizzy soon as it would likely be too redundant and steal Ram's thunder.

She oughta hook up with Hazama for OTP of cliché anime-fighter* endbosses.

*Using the term very lightly.

5d4d41bd5006b983d8137266f09a0c99.jpg

Than XX ? It actually seems to be significantly shorter.

I guess I am going crazy. I guess I should play some more +R.

I listened to every character theme a few days ago, and was kinda disappointed. It's trying too hard to sound like "normal music", and very little of it has those catchy melodies that made the XX soundtrack so cool.

Notable exception: Mirror Match theme, some parts of Bedman's theme.

Reactions: Tomo009
I couldn't agree more Cynical, the tracks just lost sooo much in comparison to the old ones I feel. The old ones were not only great music to fight to, they were great metal tracks and had very catchy melodies that gave them that memorable quality.

I do love Slayer's new theme though, I can certainly jam to that, it equals Haven't You Got Eyes in Your Head to me.

And the new Potemkin track has potential to be great, better than Burly Heart I think, but it just dies off at some points, which is also strange considering the music is meant to be playing during a high speed fighting game.

I wonder what the shift in style could be attributed to. I find it slightly strange as Kagura's theme from BlazBlue is quite recent, is my favourite of all BB themes and shares many similar qualities to the classic GG tacks.

Reactions: Dagwood
Daisuke might be going through an experimentation phase or maybe just changing as a musician. The XX OST, which was almost all remixes of the X OST, were written a LONG time ago. The man's music will change over that time.

Daisuke might be going through an experimentation phase or maybe just changing as a musician. The XX OST, which was almost all remixes of the X OST, were written a LONG time ago. The man's music will change over that time.

Talking about remixes:

Currently GGXrd OST > BBCP OST

Talking about remixes:

Currently GGXrd OST > BBCP OST
Don't forget that all of the remix themes in BBCP were done by some band, not Daisuke. Daisuke only did all of the new character and new character vs. themes in the game.

Don't forget that all of the remix themes in BBCP were done by some band, not Daisuke. Daisuke only did all of the new character and new character vs. themes in the game.
Overall, I think his statement still stands. I feel like the Xrd soundtrack is far superior to the BBCP soundtrack.

How can my messenger of destruction possibly be this cute?
shove fingers up her butt it would appear

hey so I just realized that all the returning characters are the original playable cast of the original GG (not unlockacble) if they are adding more characters to Xrd over time I would think that it would be the rest of the characters from the original GG that were unlockable (Testament, Justice, and Baiken).

After listening to the whole thing, I REALLY like Slayer's theme. I quite like Potemkin's but I loved Burly heart and I find the new one to be a bit too up and down for fighting game music. I also like I-No's a bit, Midnight Carnival was one of my favourite XX tracks though so hard to top that.

I could listen to the whole XX or X soundtrack and listen to each song as I would other stuff in my music library, I'm just not finding that with Xrd's track list.

Agreed.

Best GG songs ever:

wait is Xrd's soundtrack out?

hey so I just realized that all the returning characters are the original playable cast of the original GG (not unlockacble) if they are adding more characters to Xrd over time I would think that it would be the rest of the characters from the original GG that were unlockable (Testament, Justice, and Baiken).
Except Venom and I-No, he was added in GGX and I-No in XX. As for Justice and Kliff, I honestly think there is a slim chance of them being added (this was actually had to say since I main Justice ;_;)

Except Venom and I-No, he was added in GGX and I-No in XX. As for Justice and Kliff, I honestly think there is a slim chance of them being added (this was actually had to say since I main Justice ;_;)
oh yah, I forgot about I-no and Venom :/
I agree I really liked Justice, i heard she can't dash or anything in +R though, Im really used to playing broken justice with the fun air dashes