• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Extend had a number of errors, but im a person that loved the off script-ishness (For now believe that thats a word). Some sentences didnt match, others were added or excluded altogether and they got lazy with Makotos story mode. When you lost a fight it would say "Makoto has fallen to his knees." Loved all the errors.

But I do remember them doing a dub for Overture so it actually might be possible that we get a dubbed GG fighting game.

The dub in BB itself is fantastic, I love pretty much every actors performance.
Though, there are some typos in BBCP, so I don't think we can judge if they're in every game too.

And even then, most of the complaints about the dub/translation in every new CS iteration were well founded, but they pretty much fixed it all in CSEX, and CP.
And even then, even with that, they only couldn't get Bang's voice actor back, and Doug Erholtz replaced Hazama's original VA full time.

So, BB Dub's still pretty great.

If a GG Dub is handled like that, i'll be fine with it.

I honestly hope that GG keeps the Japanese voices, but have subtitles like always. If they did have English VA for Xrd I would hope they would give you the option to switch to Japanese.

I honestly hope that GG keeps the Japanese voices, but have subtitles like always. If they did have English VA for Xrd I would hope they would give you the option to switch to Japanese.
BB always has the option of playing Japanese, so I won't be surprised.

There has been subtitles?! Wow i never noticed i feel dumb

Some day soon we will get dizzy in Guilty Gear Xrd, at least that's what I am hoping for.

A standard Guilty Gear game would be very bizarre in English.

*cue music*

Dizzy still best waifu.
Huh.

Until now, I've never realized just how skimpy Rammy's outfit is. Other than her hat, cape, and microscopic pants, she's literally wearing nothing but straps.

Still more articles of clothing than A.B.A.

Not really. A.B.A., at least, has actual shoes. Rammy simply has more straps on her feet.

Shoes are for the weak.

And people that don't float.

They have different fashion styles in Backyard

Welcome to The Backyard. Here's a belt for your waist, a couple for you thighs, the belts for your feet, and the one for your chest.

Doubt it. Here's another Backyard native:

Izuna.png

I wish I could play Overture. I don't have a 360, though. I feel like I'm missing a lot.

I feel like Overture is basically a large way to not do a sequel.
First of all, it's almost a culmination of stuff GGX and GGX2 teased at (The Man Boss Fight? GEAR SOL?), which is neat.
But then they completely change the format and basically replace all characters except Sol and Ky with new ones people don't really care about.
I'm sure it's a good game, but really.

There wasn't much else they could do with Overture, with Sega suing them for Guilty Gear's rights and all.

Overture was a weird genre change, I went in expecting a 3D-ish fighter and found this command and conquer sorta game with english voices for everyone.....I actually liked it though. I think Sol was voiced by Troy Baker and Ky was voiced by Liam O'Brian, its been a long time

Huh.

Until now, I've never realized just how skimpy Rammy's outfit is. Other than her hat, cape, and microscopic pants, she's literally wearing nothing but straps.

Compared to Ramlethal, Bullet from BlazBlue has actual pants.

That said...

Bedman-ggxrd-artwork.png

Last edited:
I wonder if the pink filling of the screws had initially a red matching the crowned head thing's red, only to eventually get the magenta Valentine treatment.

Reactions: Hemijack and EA575
I don't think copyright laws are worldwide.

EDIT: I just realized you were probably joking. Derp.

But anyway, his roll is like an an assassin/hitman character for an organization thing. I think?

But anyway, his roll is like an an assassin/hitman character for an organization thing. I think?

As far as I understand (thanks, limited Japanese knowledge ~) he is a 'cleaner' for the United Nations Senate (or simply Senato). Creppily enough, there is no record of his existence, and while he seems to be conscious only within the 'Dream World', he has no regard for life or something like that. Not to mention his motor mouth, which has annoyed even Sol (Sugita lampshading it was very funny, haha).

EDIT:
10255982_642395289187912_1919244858977463161_n.jpg
10366177_642395302521244_907968212515994308_n.jpg
10270436_642395315854576_781840814220500550_n.jpg
10363668_642395335854574_90108297896125343_n.jpg
10311780_642395359187905_7740906569545310277_n.jpg
1947918_642395382521236_8505494617931913606_n.jpg
10346299_642395402521234_3196977070005976033_n.jpg
1922516_642395435854564_4122330845514110009_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zombies8MyLeg
I found this cool artwork of Ky Kiske.
Guilty.Gear.2.-Overture-.Material.Collection.600.300884.jpg

or King Ky I guess would be better(plus it sounds better). I think this would make for a really cool skin in Xrd because Old Ky looks awesome even though I usually don't like costume DLC because I just never really cared. If there done right though then I wouldn't mind spending money on it.

Last edited:
That art makes Ky look more like Sephiroth. (Not in a good way.)

And if they're going to add DLC costumes, I want an old Potemkin costume.

That art makes Ky look more like Sephiroth. (Not in a good way.)

And if they're going to add DLC costumes, I want an old Potemkin costume.
I think if they were to do any DLC costumes classic Potemkin would probably be the first on the list. I like the art of Ky because it shows what he could look like if he was older. He actually looks like a king in the art below, but I agree I don't care to much about the other one.
upload_2014-5-17_22-27-33.png

I thought the same thing about his ponytail and even though I still don't like it that much it grew on me. If they were to make bearded older Ky a skin in Xrd I wouldn't hate it because it fits his King status.

Last edited:
If we get an older Ky, it would be cool to see an older Dizzy. If she gets added later on maybe we'll see something like that.

Reactions: Hemijack
Is anyone here interested in guitar tabs for the new themes? I've tabbed out the rhythm for I-No's, Bedman's, and Potemkin's theme, as well as a few ChronoPhantasma themes. I could finish the lead parts and tab a few others, if anyone wants. I can put up a PDF or a GuitarPro file if you want to make changes or correct any mistakes you might find.

Is anyone here interested in guitar tabs for the new themes? I've tabbed out the rhythm for I-No's, Bedman's, and Potemkin's theme, as well as a few ChronoPhantasma themes. I could finish the lead parts and tab a few others, if anyone wants. I can put up a PDF or a GuitarPro file if you want to make changes or correct any mistakes you might find.

Sign me up! If you could do May's theme that would be awesome.

Sign me up! If you could do May's theme that would be awesome.

I'm on it!