• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Yo when's Jam?

I just realized that Venom is the only X character in Xrd.

Curious to how many characters they'll add to console. My predictions from about 3 months ago...
My predictions even before Ramlethal's announcement was that she and Sin would be playable in the arcades before console release, and consoles will add 5 more characters. My guesses: Jam, Johnny, Baiken, Bridget, and one other brand new character.

Here's a pic of the new stage "Arena" added in a update. It displays a character profile in the corner, and also you can change the event name in the background.
BpVlZoGIUAAHC7p.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: EA575
Whelp, we got no new information from the stream today. The only thing new that Daisuke said was that the status of new characters being added in the future on the console version is a secret.

Oh and the gameplay was subbed. Seems like there's no English dub.

Maximilian also interviewed Daisuke. More info coming soon

Reactions: Zombies8MyLeg
Dizzy confirmed not good enough to be in Xrd.

A.B.A wasn't mentioned in the "fucked over list" yet so she still has a chance!

Dizzy confirmed not good enough to be in Xrd.
Ishiwatari also noted that it would also have been difficulty to weave Bridget or Dizzy into Guilty Gear Xrd's story.
For Bridget, I can see his lack of relevance to the core narrative.

But Dizzy is super central to the story so its hard to see what he means. Unless its more like one of those situations where Dizzy is on ice, literally, because she'd outclass any enemy threat with her ultra super powers.

Or he's just trolling and they're both in the console version.

She's probably on ice for story reasons. Doubt Ky has made any progress on the whole sublimation mess.

She's probably on ice for story reasons. Doubt Ky has made any progress on the whole sublimation mess.
I hope Dr. Paradigm comes back. He could have a really interesting detonation based style.

Like a combo of Mu and Venom.

I hope Dr. Paradigm comes back. He could have a really interesting detonation based style.

Like a combo of Mu and Venom.

Or he could ride one of his giant turtle minons into battle and do giant turtle riding things.

Or he could ride one of his giant turtle minons into battle and do giant turtle riding things.
Forget turtles. Get in BONEBITER.

He's a giant gear dragon who breathes acid and wears goggles & a plaid scarf.

As far as we know, Dizzy is still frozen/comatose. We had two characters that have been DEAD since the first game in Accent Core +R, but Daisuke didn't really lead that game. He might be more focused on telling a story in Xrd and bringing the characters in once they're needed.

And Jam was not mentioned in the "fucked over list." Only Dizzy, Bridget, and Johnny were.

And Jam was not mentioned in the "fucked over list." Only Dizzy, Bridget, and Johnny were.
78a.gif

Not cool, Daisuke. NOT cool.
I get why they want to keep Dizzy out (because she's best waifu and would easily void Rammy's presence) but lolicon Wakamoto? =A=
At least put Testament and Baiken so we can get the OG crew.

Reactions: SanoBaron
He mentioned that he would listen to fans and add characters they wanted, if possible.

Your waifu not in Xrd? Tell Arc! Tweet them everyday! They have to listen eventually.

Well hopefully they will put dizzy in later DLC or maybe in the next guilty gear game, but damn I would really like it for Dizzy to be in this one.

Well hopefully they will put dizzy in later DLC or maybe in the next guilty gear game, but damn I would really like it for Dizzy to be in this one.
Dizzy is totally going to be DLC because making her DLC would print money for Arc.

She's the best waifu in the game.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Oh and the gameplay was subbed. Seems like there's no English dub.
Or maybe it just isn't complete yet?

It would be weird if they spent so much effort for BB games and not do the same for GG.

well, no GG game has ever had an English dub.

Overture did. Not sure if that counts, though.

It sure did. I'd like to hear Troy Baker as Sol and Liam O'Brien as Ky again. Wendee Lee as Valentine was nice too.

I think they all did pretty good.

Cherami Leigh as Jam. Gotta keep up with what I'm expected to do on this thread.

Cherami Leigh seems like she would be a good fit for Jam, I have heard some of the anime dubs she is in and her as Jam seems a decent choice.

IKR? great young female character voice she has.

I also would love Wendy Powell as Baiken
or
John Swasey as Faust

Had to look up those two to see if I could see the voices would fit, and they seem for me they would work well with Wendy Powell for Baiken but I am not as sure for John Swasey as faust, It's probably me but I can't see the voice of Basara Nobunaga Oda, Gendou Ikari and Hajime Saito as faust, Just my opinion.

Oh okay, opinion over turned he can take Faust.

I feel like more games should do what Punch Out on the Wii did and just have everyone speak the language of the country they're from.

oh right, forgot about that because I've never played it.

because it's an xbox exclusive.

god dammit.