• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

Bedman apparently has an unblockable into dizzy into IK. Not sure how situational it is.

Bedman apparently has an unblockable into dizzy into IK. Not sure how situational it is.

He doesn't/shouldn't actually i believe they patched that

Really? I saw it mentioned today.

Can someone highlight Axl's strengths and weaknesses?

I don't generally pick based on how I think they'll play out.

I find an aesthetic, get obsessed, and bitch about them on forums later.

Reactions: Ktulu and Dime
seriously, Axl's new design feels like it should have come in a previous game.

I get what they're trying to do with the design, problem is it's a bit late for boy shorts once you've had nice pants for a long time.

basically, Axl is a poke character. don't know if he has anything new in Xrd.

hopefully he'll have some palettes that make his bare legs look like there's another set of pants under the fugly shorts.

Really? I saw it mentioned today.

They mentioned something about changing certain moves to projectiles in order to avoid unblockables, i thought how nice and thoughtful this was and how they should of given this nerf to zato

although I think the major consensus would want to be in his pants.

Can someone highlight Axl's strengths and weaknesses?
He harasses at neutral, can be really really annoying, you can't really get out of his range as such, with his stance included he doesn't really have a deadzone other than very high in the air.

He has full screen combos and can get quite a bit of damage off random hits, but most of his combos don't lead into any real oki, so you will be winning games off neutral/zoning/poking with Axl.

He has a DP which is quite annoying.

He even has midscreen mixup, though he arguably doesn't get much off it.

Is it a true DP in this game? I remember in AC and +R it was a super armored move that only kinda acted like a DP.

From what I've heard, his biggest weakness is that he sucks on defense. Not sure if that still applies in Xrd.

@Nap1400 Apparently, his Benten Gari is now a true DP, with full invuln that goes from frame one to a bit into active frames.

I wouldn't say he has bad defense. I think it would be more accurate to say he struggles to stop some characters from running their game once they get rolling.

So in other words, he needs to maintain his momentum or else he'll get wrecked.

Kinda reminds me of Sol (who I'll probably play if I ever get the chance to play Xrd).

So in other words, he needs to maintain his momentum or else he'll get wrecked.

Kinda reminds me of Sol (who I'll probably play if I ever get the chance to play Xrd).
Not Xrd Sol.

Sol herps and it works then he derps and gets a 60% counterhit combo.

All of his gimmicks have been tremendously buffed.... and his damage is through the roof. Any time danger time happens, Sol auto wins the round.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Not Xrd Sol.

Sol herps and it works then he derps and gets a 60% counterhit combo.

All of his gimmicks have been tremendously buffed.... and his damage is through the roof. Any time danger time happens, Sol auto wins the round.
Sol still needs to get in close in order to get his massive damage. Good keepaway will shut that down right quick.

Reactions: FenrirHades
Sol still needs to get in close in order to get his massive damage. Good keepaway will shut that down right quick.
Nah, you have air actions after riot stomp, they want to punish it? DP. Otherwise, airdash away, bandit revolver, whatever.

New divekick? Pushes characters away and has a gap so if they try to throw punish but get pushed away, they get counterhit.

Fafnir? It goes soo far forward now and the hitbox is godly, it leads into flopping fish stun so no need to confirm > 60% life.

6HS counterhits? > 60% life from a long range poke.

Universal thing but gunflame YRC is really really good

As a sol main there are numerous ways to punish what you have listed (although fafnir is still hilariously fun to use). Riot Stamp loses to EVERYTHING so 6P that bitch, amd fafnir loses to fast moves and lows. You should NOT be getting 6Hs CH a lot lol. Yrc gunflame is great and kukadero, although strong, is easily defeated when used incorrectly. This is one of Sol's better versions, but I'd rather complain about Millia. BedMan is fuvking godlike

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
of course Riot Stomp loses to 6P, but it is evasive, hits overhead twice and Sol now retains air actions, it is massively buffed over what it was before.

6H counter hits happen quite often, it has obscene range. It wasn't particularly scary of a move in previous GG games because of the lack of reward, but in Xrd? Oh man, I'm pretty sure that 60% I mentioned before was being cautious, Sol is gonna kill you in 2 hits if this is one of them.

Millia has the dumbest corner carry ever, she is still Millia, still unblockable, yeah.

Bedman is really fun to play, I struggle on defense though, I try to back dash out of stuff but it is so long that I end up being pressured again.

The problem with Venom, my main, transitioning to Xrd is that he's basically the same as #Reload venom but with QV instead of Doobie, slightly different ball formations, no Carcass charge, and YRC. Everything else is him being the same, while other characters like Sol/Ky who are buffed/changed to be even more solid versions of themselves. Venom lacks solidity in Xrd I find.

Maybe I just need to play some actual offline and being able to actually use reaction times to make Venom functional, and I'll find he's better or something, but as it is right now he is not as rewarding to play as in previous GG games.

Some high res screens of Leo here:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/11/guilty-gear-xrd-sign-shows-leo-whitefang-action/

Includes Christmas colors free between December 18 and December 24 and free colors for PS plus members.

When I get the copy of the game, I'll probably try out everyone first since this is my first GG game. I've been interested in trying out Bedman the most though although I should probably play Zato since I've played puppet characters in Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

of course Riot Stomp loses to 6P, but it is evasive, hits overhead twice and Sol now retains air actions, it is massively buffed over what it was before.

6H counter hits happen quite often, it has obscene range. It wasn't particularly scary of a move in previous GG games because of the lack of reward, but in Xrd? Oh man, I'm pretty sure that 60% I mentioned before was being cautious, Sol is gonna kill you in 2 hits if this is one of

Shit fucked up the quote. Well anyway I should be using 6Hs more or something, because I haven't seen as much mileage as you have told me:0.

Riot stamp is much Better, but just remember that even after they hit you with the second move, although they + they still are in a dangerous position.

Then there are those guys who hang themselves with Grand Viper. Please kill them:) (same for the Kys who Greed Sever like morons)

if only he kept his really nice pants instead of his fugly ass shorts.

nah man nah
you gotta show them legs
all them leg lifts paid off and he needs everyone to know

Reactions: EA575
well he should have picked better pants.

he should have asked Iori for pants advice. because Iori has best pants.

To me, it looks like Chipp spent the most time in the gym between XX and XXX

Chipp's gameplay looks pretty fun, but aesthetically I have zero interest in him as a character.

seriously, Axl's new design feels like it should have come in a previous game.
It actually is a callback to his GG1 sprite, funnily enough.
Guilty_Gear_sprite_Axl_Low.png

Reactions: EA575 and erkicman
Chipp looks alright, as does his pants.
It actually is a callback to his GG1 sprite, funnily enough.
Guilty_Gear_sprite_Axl_Low.png
then it should have stayed there. pants evolution doesn't work backwards.

Axl's change from British Muscle Punk to Skinny British Bishie was so odd
glad they realized the folly of their ways and buffed him back up at least

Also a reminder to anybody who wants to see the basics of a character, the tutorial series Guilty Bits covers every character in +R, and is a good way to learn their general playstyle, strengths, and weaknesses. Not everybody transferred the same into Xrd, but most characters are generally the same.

I'm defending the jean shorts.

Axl is 1980's 'Merican as fuck.

Axl Rose of GnR fame (clearly Axl Low's namesake) being all sexy in jean shorts
capture_139.jpg

Also, Lemmy aka God being metal as fuck in jean shorts.
capture_141.jpg

In other words? Show Axl's shorts some respect. Metal... as... fuck.

problem is they're not even torn shorts.
they're nice clean shorts. like he just bought them from the store.
not even a single hole anywhere.
not very metal if you ask me.

he actually meticulously removed the lower parts then converted them to his union jack coattail things
you can disrespect the jack
or god save you from the queen

nah man
that shirt got destroyed when he got re-buff
which is why he converted his jeans into his jack coattails
since he needs the jack