• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

English May sounds like her age
I saw that part from story mode. Chipp's reaction is priceless.

Wow English May is infinitely better than Japanese May.

I am biased about the voices. Having played the other games I have already grow found of the japanese voices. Since I have no bias towards Bedman I can say that he has a good voice in both languages.

Still, I am going to play in english for awhile to understanf what the heck everybody is saying.

i have wanted english voices in GG since i want to know what they're saying. also are there special introductions if certain characters are fighting each other?

The dub is changed/censored, though. Unless you knew Japanese or heard someone talking about it, you still wouldn't half of what the Japanese VA's are saying. (Like I-No telling May to choke on semen and other sexually violent things).

The dub is changed/censored, though. Unless you knew Japanese or heard someone talking about it, you still wouldn't half of what the Japanese VA's are saying. (Like I-No telling May to choke on semen and other sexually violent things).

Oh, ho, ho, ho... Now I want direct translations.

i feel like they wanted dub I-No to be like "sleazy bar whore"
but they didn't let Tara Platt go all the way with it
shame

If I remember correctly, I-No win quote against May is something along the lines of her telling May to choke to death on her father's semen, and I-No tells someone else to masturbate with a bloody ax. The ESRB isn't having any of that shit lol.

If I remember correctly, I-No win quote against May is something along the lines of her telling May to choke to death on her father's semen, and I-No tells someone else to masturbate with a bloody ax. The ESRB isn't having any of that shit lol.

ESRB doesn't have a rating for I-No.

Actually, they have. It has a "NO" rating.

:PUN:

Reactions: EA575 and Ktulu
She tell May to go "drink her daddy's milk"
which is more or less telling her to go suck Johnny's (her "daddy") dick some more

Wait, is that quote (or a variation of it) still in Xrd?

I-No says it in Japanese. Only the subtitles and English dubbing are different.

well it's one of those things that'll stretch your T rating

The rest of the system voices in English/JP for character select and includes Leo Whitefang (both mentioned and his system voice) so might be posted double of some already mentioned in case you want to hear what characters say about him. English is all at 40 seconds for most of these.

Potemkin

Sol

May

Millia

Ky

Chipp

Axl

Faust

Venom

Ramlethal

Elphelt

Leo (English at 1:50) pretty sure his English VA is Jamieson Price (Iron Tager)

Sin

Bedman

someone help me turn Axl's into a person so that I can fuck it passionately

EDIT: AND LEO'S
I WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO HIS VOICE SOMEONE HELP

Last edited:
wow a lot of these are very tempting to get.

I just realized axl low did a doctor who reference

Isn't he a Doctor Who reference himself? Or does he just happen to be a time travelling English dude?

Alright, my first experience with Guilty Gear.
I bought Guilty Gear XX #Reload during that Steam Sale and tried it out yesterday. I went to Training mode first to get a feel for the controls and I found that it was very difficult to understand? Took me a while to figure out what S and HS meant and which buttons they mapped to. I even had to look up an online guide. I still don't know how to grab. This is all understandable though since this is an old Japanese arcade game. I'm probably spoiled by Skullgirls.

After playing through Sol Badguy's Story Mode I have to say it was super fun.
This is the Guilty Gear that Mike Z likes right? If it is then I can see why.

Reactions: Armageddon11
Mike loves Accent Core. You should try that one, too.

Reactions: Denizen
To grab someone you have to press forward or back and HS. I think in XX installments that aren't Accent Core you can't tech throws.

The PC ports of these games are trash, but they're an okay way to get into the game. I just can't believe we're at the point where Guilty Gear XX is considered "old".

Reactions: Denizen
the PC port shows the wrong inputs in training mode D:

Because it's a port of a port. Some brits still held the rights to publish the PS2 ports of Isuka and #Reload on PC and Arcsys was like "yeah ok dosh".

Hah! Is it just me or is Ky the only announcer without joke lines for everyone?

I'd love to see a GGX or GGXX announcer pack though.

So, we got (technically) four brand new characters in Guilty Gear Xrd (Sin counts, he wasn't playable in the context of a fighting game), how's everyone feel about them?
I like them a lot.
Kinda makes me wonder what the fuck else Ark Sys will come up with for the future and their other games

So, we got (technically) four brand new characters in Guilty Gear Xrd (Sin counts, he wasn't playable in the context of a fighting game), how's everyone feel about them?
I like them a lot.
Kinda makes me wonder what the fuck else Ark Sys will come up with for the future and their other games

I like them a lot as well.

Bedman is looking like he might be my main. Super cool mechanics (deja vu) that can be absurdly oppressive in the right circumstances. He's no A.B.A, but damnit if he isn't filling a new place in my heart.

Mike loves Accent Core. You should try that one, too.
XX #Reload was the only one on Steam so I bought that one. I'm assuming that Accent Core is on the Playstation Store, but I never touch my PS3 anymore. Maybe at some point when I have some spare cash and time.

To grab someone you have to press forward or back and HS. I think in XX installments that aren't Accent Core you can't tech throws.
Thanks Brah.

XX #Reload was the only one on Steam so I bought that one. I'm assuming that Accent Core is on the Playstation Store, but I never touch my PS3 anymore. Maybe at some point when I have some spare cash and time.

Thanks Brah.
If you get the PS3/360 version of Accent Core, you can also download a free update that lets you switch over to Accent Core Plus R if you want to.

Oh yeah. Xrd comes out on NA today, excluding the LE.

Hah! Is it just me or is Ky the only announcer without joke lines for everyone?

I'd love to see a GGX or GGXX announcer pack though.
There's also Ramlethal.

So has anyone uploaded the new themes? I went to a friend's house and I liked Elphelt and Sin's themes but he told me there were more of them...
but I could only found the usual cast themes on youtube ):

Last edited:

Accent Core is well worth $15 and touching your PS3. I couldn't recommend it more.

So has anyone uploaded the new themes? I went to a friend's house and I liked Elphelt and Sin's themes but he told me there were more of them...
but I could only found the usual cast themes on youtube ):

ASW is doing their best to keep people from uploading unreleased stuff. Here's a download link of all the themes on the PS3, but in sub par quality: https://mega.co.nz/#!BcgywLLC!4jc5tDvpV8M0ti8tFiQNB1m63zQjNbdanGLCfAt_CUA

There should be high quality versions of the PS4 music soon from Kurushii on Dustloop.

Reactions: Anbec7
DLC transfers between consoles. Thanks ASW!

So I made the plunge and got Xrd, gonna take some time to learn this bit by bit. Should be amusing...god help me...

Keep in mind that Xrd is the best Eddie has been since #Reload...and maybe even including #Reload.

Just gonna say one laaaaaaaaaaaaast time that if you are considering learning a GG, make it AC+R.

So, do you really expect Xrd to die off? I mean, after SF4, how many stuck with 3rd Strike? Hell, just within anime games, I watch players flit between whatever new shiny thing comes out with the exception of Isuka. To me, the thing most likely to kill Xrd will be the next Blaz Blue game. You'll have your handful of guys playing whatever, but I don't see the staying power of, say Marvel 2 or Starcraft when new games in a similar genre are coming out so quickly