• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I like it, but, everyone else seems to hate the english voices so idk. I like pretty much all of them.
i tend to like english voices even if they're bad cause then they're funny or entertaining in some way.

I love it when i-no wishes people a merry christmas, she's a thoughtful and caring individual :PUN:

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
i tend to like english voices even if they're bad cause then they're funny or entertaining in some way.

I kinda liked how venom never talked or showed his face before, he was more mysterious (3edgy5me) but I still enjoy his english voice

i also like the cheeziness, i used to always use english voices in BB just to laugh at them. Bang's voice in CP lolwut

I bought my copy of Guilt Gear just now. My hype is like, I can't.. even...

he.just.came.out

you cant assign a tier to him yet he just came out

stopstopstopstopstop
Welcome to the fighting game community. People have been doing that since fighting games were first played competitively.

hey guys lemme show you my well informed day 0 tier list

Holy hell, no surprises here, but whoa, the ps3 version is so substandard to the ps4 version. I didnt expect it to be THAT much of a difference, but the ps3 version is way more grainy (not that that matters for gameplay, but its still a thing) it has slowdown and actual stutter/tareing like when i do venom ball formations the stutter is super noticeable.

Not a terrible thing as the gameplay seems largely unaffected, but if i got used to the ps4 version i think playing the ps3 version would throw me off bigtime.

Holy hell, no surprises here, but whoa, the ps3 version is so substandard to the ps4 version. I didnt expect it to be THAT much of a difference, but the ps3 version is way more grainy (not that that matters for gameplay, but its still a thing) it has slowdown and actual stutter/tareing like when i do venom ball formations the stutter is super noticeable.

Not a terrible thing as the gameplay seems largely unaffected, but if i got used to the ps4 version i think playing the ps3 version would throw me off bigtime.
I actually agree with this. The visuals are "for obvious reasons" not as spectacular as the PS4 version, but I will probably fish out for the PS4 version as well once I get the money for the system, and I dont mind having both versions. This is pretty much the same viewpoint on 3DS Smash vs. Wii U Smash

do you guys think it's gonna be the same with the ps4 version of skullgirls?

do you guys think it's gonna be the same with the ps4 version of skullgirls?

Yes and no. I expect things like the slowdown that happens on ps3 to disappear, but i dont really expect any graphical enhancements of any kind. But this is as speculative as day 0 tier lists so... Haha yeah.

About next gen systems:

I currently own xb1,ps4,360,ps3,3ds xl, ipad and laptop.

Ps4 and bone are awesome and i havent touched anything on ps3 or 360 save for sg and xrd, since the advent of the new generation of consoles.

Reactions: agent13
I'd like to use Ramlethal but not having access to normal chains is unnatural to me and I either end up flailing like an idiot or don't press enough buttons

:I

Shut your whore mouth, some of us only have a ps3 :P

As far as I'm concerned, the PS3 is only a step down from the ps4... just one step. Like a grapple to a grape if you will.

Reactions: Dime
I'd like to use Ramlethal but not having access to normal chains is unnatural to me and I either end up flailing like an idiot or don't press enough buttons

:I

It's ok, you can still mash string, in fact you can mash strings harder, just don't go part P or K and you are good!

Her jab is really fast too, you can chain it by pressing 4PPPPPPPPPP and then release P if you hit to get the knockdown.

KPP is + on block, too.

Silliness aside she is a pretty cool character and fun to play/even play against. Her j.P is borderline Sol tier and her far S and j.HS are ridiculous for space control. Her supers are Venom's Dark Angel on steroids, the swords out one lets her corner carry and still do like 4 mixups, the swords on one drains like 75% tension or 1/5 life in chip it seems.

I'm not gonna lie, I am really enjoying Axl gameplay style so far. Kinda reminiscent to Amane in a way with range, but not really. The guy can pick you off from a distance no problem. I might end up maining him (Plus dat accent)

Edit: Plus those are the most inaccurately badass weapons I have seen to use.

I'm not gonna lie, I am really enjoying Axl gameplay style so far. Kinda reminiscent to Amane in a way with range, but not really. The guy can pick you off from a distance no problem. I might end up maining him (Plus dat accent)

Edit: Plus those are the most inaccurately badass weapons I have seen to use.

Mad love for any Axl fans. Those shorts 4 life!

Mad love for any Axl fans. Those shorts 4 life!
I never really payed attention to him as much in previous installments of Guilty Gear. I mostly played Sol/Milia/Venom and rarely Faust. After some training with Axl and challenge mode, I really like his style. Range Game too good.

Welp, just took the plunge and got Xrd. And just like @Dime_x I'm in a major character crisis (RIP Robo-Ky T_T). I suppose my only choice now is to find out who has the most fun projectile game and rock with them.

So, the online for this game is terrible... Another fighting game to throw in the box underneath the bed i guess. Sigh.

I might try and play this at offline casuals or something, but the motivation is largely gone with the netcode being as bad as it is.

ArcSys promised another patch. Some of the players I know praised the online mode before the 1.02 patch.

I tried out Xrd the other day, which is my first GG experience ever. I played around which each of the characters to see who I like. I think I'm going to stick with Ky for now until I learn the mechanics and the button layout some more since he feels pretty comfortable. Slayer is really fun though and Zato fits in with my past FG characters so he feels pretty welcoming too. I haven't unlocked Sin or downloaded Elphet yet but I am eager to try both of them out, Sin especially.

Get Elphelt quickly because she's only free for a week. After that you have to pay.

She's free until January 15.

EDIT: I can't read.

Last edited:
I thought it was the 5th that the free period ended.

My LE shipped and will arrive by Christmas Eve.
Thank you, Amazon, for the free shipping ;_;

You can blitz sheild the grenade and the rifle shot will whiff.
That doesn't mean the unblockables aren't really good.

You can blitz shield Zato and just DP him, or block and DAA, doesn't make the unblockables bad by any means.

The crazy thing about this unblockable compared to the other Elphelt ones, she doesn't need meter for the unblockable > unblockable part, seems crazy to me. She can probably even set it up off of successful oki without any meter.

Last edited:
Yep exactly. Unblockables are ridiculously good for 2 things:

1. Being unblockable (obviously)
2. Baiting out the 1 thing that a character can do to avoid them and then gaining massive damage via the punish.

Yep exactly. Unblockables are ridiculously good for 2 things:

1. Being unblockable (obviously)
2. Baiting out the 1 thing that a character can do to avoid them and then gaining massive damage via the punish.
I don't think you can punish blitz shield unless it misses.

There's probably a way to fake an unblockable setup so as to punish Blitzing.

Liked for compiling all that tech. Disliked for unbrockabru loops being intentionally designed in 2014. These better have some secret good way of escaping them.

There's probably a way to fake an unblockable setup so as to punish Blitzing.
There's none I know of, but I shold mention I was wrong earlier, you shouldn't BS the grenade, you should BS the shot itself.

There's none I know of, but I shold mention I was wrong earlier, you shouldn't BS the grenade, you should BS the shot itself.
Would be simple, really. Either delay the shot slightly (Blitz doesn't have many active frames) or use a super (preferably zooka due to Elphelt being likely to miss with cake super) instead, as Blitz can't stop Overdrives.

53:40

"Johnny is a man of principle."

"FUCK THAT GUY!"

56:15

"It still takes damage..."

Even more Elphelt unblockables:

I think there's a couple more coming. I'll just update this post with those.

EDIT: Here they are:

Last edited:
She's hellbent on being top 3. Be scared. Or pick her up.

so... any Sin videos out there yet? I want to start using that character being new to GG.
My problem is the button layout I was told it is
K S HS
P T D

But for example my problem with this gaming coming from Skullgirls and SF for example is where! exactly does one use punch?!
With Sin is just better using the K and S but... well any tips?