• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I really like him. He's got some fun set-ups, and he crushes new players. I've found he is prone to eating Blitz shields, and his attack patterns are predictable to block, but once you can get your first knockdown and your set-ups going, it can be super overwhelming for your opponent.

I'm thinking of dropping him for Jackie-O, and I'm always eyeballing Eddie (too good not to at least consider). But in all honesty, I'm most likely going to swap to Val. Her set-ups seem even more fun to me.

Bedman crushes me T_T I just burst when he starts his oki. He's a really cool character tho

I am trying to adjust the pacing of this game and it is really hard. I think I need to play a lot more. I can barely hit confirm at all and am having the same trouble realizing I pressed Dust and it hit or its time for oki. For now I really like playing Ramlethal. She feels good to play. Hella frustrating tho when I want c.S and get f.S.

Faust is my favorite character in general, but I don't think I want to play him. If theres any character that I would like to master its probably Slayer right now. So I'm probably going to play him a little bit.

@Spencer which Val? There's so many.

Last edited:
Anyone try out the system voices yet? My favorite is May's especially when you select her or Faust.

Also when's Jack O

does Elphelt have the one where she just shouts "MEEEEEEE" when you select her?
I like that one

I think Elphelt says something like "You're picking me? Does that mean _______?" May says"Wow! Meeee!"

I have I-no's voice on right now. It's like the perfect balance of stupid jokes and good voice.
I also appreciate Sol getting called shit-monkey every time.

Reactions: Adwins
I stayed with Venom cause I generally really enjoy his VA.

I had some fun with Leo's voice when choosing him: "Leo Whi-, oh, me! Right!" he also throws a comment at most of other characters chosen, but I don't know japanese that well. :P

I find it a nice touch that every character (as far as I checked) says "me" when choosing them with their system voice.

I'm also very happy that there isn't as many attempts at broken english. Those made system voices unusable for me in BlazBlue.

Last edited:
I have I-no's voice on right now. It's like the perfect balance of stupid jokes and good voice.
I'll have to try that.

I find it a nice touch that every character (as far as I checked) says "me" when choosing them with their system voice.
Millia doesn't seem to, as that's been my system voice since I played around with them. She is my main, after all.

Ugh the dustloop forum really is a mess. Anyone know what the number and red crossout symbol under the combo counter means? I couldn't find an answer googling so yea I'm here.

Now that I've actually taken a good look at the gameplay of Jam, Jack O and Johnny, I think I actually like Johnny's style the most.

Also Slayer has taken place as my main because his dandy step is so fun to use.

I believe it means they could tech there. So even though you combo'd, if they were mashing to tech, they'd escape.

Reactions: Kyugetsuki
Yeah Spencer is pretty much right. It basically means your opponent could have escaped at that point, but for one reason or another didn't.

when's Dizzy?
maybe arc will announce something on december 25th? it is her (assumed) birthday.

makes since. turning the ripe old age of 9.

Just finished story mode and I really liked it. I didn't know anything about Guilty Gear before this and it filled me in with quite a lot of history. Also I really like why the game is called Guilty Gear. When I heard the voice of That Man he had all my sympathy. Faust got a satisfying amount of screen time in the end <3 The cliffhangers are kind of good. Wish I knew more with what happens to May and the Japanese. Kind of weird putting so little about May, the colony, and Japanese in here. Solid 8/10 for me. It's like two separate stories right now that didn't really converge at all. Hope it does in Revelator.

Also I understand why people like Stanley now after seeing Dr. Paradigm(pls put make him playable).

I'm about 45 hours in and haven't even touched story mode.

I'll rewatch it when I'm closer to the one million W$ achievement. Or when Revelator comes out. Whichever is first.

I also like how there's a compendium with a shit ton of reference sources and links to other compendium entries in Xrd.

Feel free to read up on Jam since she's in there.

Watch... right.

I certainly didn't turn it on then tab out.

Reactions: Spencer
Re bedmans stuff. Task C (the overhead) is a bitch to mess with, but iirc I think deva jus only hit mid no matter what, right? the first one is hard to 6P to me so i just end up FD'ing the projectiles. The "how to deal with characters" thing in mission mode are really great, was dissapointed they only had 2 each.

nd the system voices are going to be in the store once the promo is over, right? I need them all T_T

maybe arc will announce something on december 25th? it is her (assumed) birthday.
I sure hope so. That'd be great. :)

Re bedmans stuff. Task C (the overhead) is a bitch to mess with, but iirc I think deva jus only hit mid no matter what, right? the first one is hard to 6P to me so i just end up FD'ing the projectiles. The "how to deal with characters" thing in mission mode are really great, was dissapointed they only had 2 each.

nd the system voices are going to be in the store once the promo is over, right? I need them all T_T
You are correct. DV Task C doesn't hit overhead. Also, the first hit of DV Task C will whiff in most oki situations. Also, when you hit Bedman, DV Tasks in motion disappear, and hitting the icon erases them completely. A lot of my wins with Bedman are due to people not knowing how to deal with his stuff.

You are correct. DV Task C doesn't hit overhead. Also, the first hit of DV Task C will whiff in most oki situations. Also, when you hit Bedman, DV Tasks in motion disappear, and hitting the icon erases them completely. A lot of my wins with Bedman are due to people not knowing how to deal with his stuff.
Yeah I took like 15 minutes looking at BedMan and I quickly realized how nasty he can be with DV-ing / roman canceling to make mixups that are just mean.

Yeah I took like 15 minutes looking at BedMan and I quickly realized how nasty he can be with DV-ing / roman canceling to make mixups that are just mean.
How's life been Ninja? It's been a while...I guess I disappeared for a bit...
But yeah, my best oki consists of: knockdown, DV Task B/C YRC, shenanigans. He has some really good lockdown.

How's life been Ninja? It's been a while...I guess I disappeared for a bit...
But yeah, my best oki consists of: knockdown, DV Task B/C YRC, shenanigans. He has some really good lockdown.
eh could be better. could be worse. Right now I'm just looking into what really makes Xrd tick compared to +R. The new characters fit really well with the new gameplay, where as some of the older ones... eh... Let's just say May and Pot are kinda less fun to play with in my opinion.

I have a new Steam Account so I'll nab you back and we can try for some practice rounds.

I always play Pot like Gief, so I'm always excited to have double jump and air FD. I've actually had some fun with Pot. But May...eff May. Something about her blows up my Bedman. I hate her beach ball.

Let's just say May and Pot are kinda less fun to play with in my opinion.
Yeah, I found the same with Millia at first. Once I learned more how her air combos work here (no more simple air-dash cancelling), it made things more fun. Also her new roll followups are fun.

Granted, I never really knew Millia's neutral game (or that f.S is a really useful poking tool in general), so I can't judge in that regard.

Also her new roll followups are fun.
Her roll seems really good. I need a pocket Millia.

I miss FB dolphins a lot but May's air gatlings feel more "natural" in Xrd for lack of a better word. I dunno what they did to j.S but it hits things more compared to XX.

Her roll seems really good. I need a pocket Millia.
Good luck with that, Millia's confirms are tricky and numerous. I feel like Millia is kinda like Squigly, in that you need to know the game fairly well overall to play her well.

But unlike Squigly, when you master Milia, you're a top tier character.

Have you seen the new jap squigs? They make her look brilliant with shit assists. Using level 2 sing into sob basically gives her a fullscreen dp punish that confirms into full combo.. It's pretty amazing for anytime someone touches a button.

Have you seen the new jap squigs? They make her look brilliant with shit assists. Using level 2 sing into sob basically gives her a fullscreen dp punish that confirms into full combo.. It's pretty amazing for anytime someone touches a button.
that's... pretty common tech over here too.

that's... pretty common tech over here too.
Not the way he was using it.

It's like comparing daigos fireball game to someone else's... You can see the difference.

Most squiglys I see still use it on block or bad reads.
He was also using an "unblockable" by calling A train assist then doing level 2 sing into command grab super. Known of course, but the way he was using both was great. Just good fundamentals all around.

Sorry for OT anywho.

Still on that Leo grind... And it's an awesome grind. More people should use him IMO.

Yeah I really feel Leo, like I haven't felt any character in a long while.

I just played him and BAM. Instantly understood the char.

Reactions: Dime
really? I'd figure his stance would make thing more complicated. that said, being on the beaten end of Leo's offense feels like Skullgirls pressure at Xrd speed tbh. very hard to deal with even with FD and esp with his stance counter

Many of his BnB's leave him in his stance or in a perfect position to get in the stance and go for his pretty crazy wake-up game. That makes it much easier IMO.

In that stance he can choose between counter, low, overhead, cross-up and DP and all of them besides DP can go into meterless combo that will again leave you in perfect position for Okizeme. Opponent is pretty much at your mercy then, as you can counter even Bursts (which is immensly satisfying, I'll add).

Last edited:
Lol, Leo is silly easy as far as phone booth range... The character almost plays himself. It's at neutral that Leo suffers. He's kinda slow with having no run and only a dash.

BUT, his 236 h special is basically a command run. The Japanese player tomo likes tk do his S fireball followed immediately by 236 h. Leo's neutral seems hardest aspect of the character, but it seems from watching high level Leo's play that it's all about disrespecting the opponent and just going in with iad or 236 h neutral game mixup. 236 h is ground, and iad is air so they can't over concentrate on either. And he's got great counterhit only combos as well as the worlds easiest bnb. I love the character.

His stance is easy. It's just a mixup stance. You go high or low or crossup. If you think they will press a button then you dust and it counters high low and mid and you get fatty combos.

The interesting thing about leo is pressure variance and counterhit setups and things like dashing into charge moves etc