• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I'm not sure if I should keep posting the Ramlethal I come across. I don't want to spam this stuff.
BkzyFAlCYAAFiUr.jpg

i've been wondering something

should i just up and get AC+R? i've been holding off on it since i already had AC+ on PS2, but i'm thinking i just need to get it eventually.

should i just up and get AC+R? i've been holding off on it since i already had AC+ on PS2, but i'm thinking i just need to get it eventually.
Yes, you should.

yes you shoullllllllddddd <3 (triple carpets with baiken? just do a silly combo with those and tell me it's not worth the money)

can we just make a comedy series where ramlethal is constantly trying to destroy the world, but keeps messing up and is absolutely adorable about it?

and be cute and shark-toothed chibi while doing this?

i'm in

We should talk about the mechanics and changes from +R to Xrd.
isn't it closer to #R than +R?

We should talk about the mechanics and changes from +R to Xrd.

Probably the most important changes from AC to Xrd are no FRCs, no Force Breaks. Of course you have a lot of radical character changes that might seem like regressions at first glance. Having Sol depend on dustloops rather than CL Sidewinder seems more friendly to me, so I can't wait for that. Overdrives still seem like reversal-only status, but I really haven't watched enough matches except for when the game first came out so I can't really tell. Blitz Shield (essentially metered Focus Attack parries from what I see) seems to be a pretty fair mechanic.

YRCs in Xrd are kind of like FRCs minus the extreme specificity of timing and they work on any move, which makes me happy because FRCs are a bitch and sort of hidden as a mechanic. On the other hand having a 25% RC still makes a 50% RC seem undesirable. Some of what I read on Dustloop seemed to imply that the time-slowing after RCs eats inputs like BB dash cancels though, which if true is slightly upsetting. Danger Time upsets me because in every match I've seen it in the momentum grinds to a halt and it just seems really random. Really hoping they just flat-out remove it next rev.

Overall I'm liking what I'm seeing of Xrd so far because it seems to be trying to be a friendlier, less mechanically redundant game but at the same time I don't think AC+R is going anywhere for a long time. It still looks like it flows like Guilty Gear, pressure doesn't look completely one-sided and combos are punchy and succinct.

Reactions: dead
I'm not sure if I should keep posting the Ramlethal I come across. I don't want to spam this stuff.
People can just booru ramlethal_valentine but I suppose the young and impressionable shouldn't. :3

Still on #TeamDizzy :P

No mention of the ost for two pages, but I'm digging Bedman's theme.
Favorites are Bedman's, Millia's, Potemkin's and Slayer's.
Overall, a bit disappointed with this OST. It's good but I'm not finding it to be as catchy as the previous. I'm sure time will mend that.

Does anyone think they will release more characters before making another version of the game. I am still waiting for Dizzy, Johnny, Baiken, Jam, Zappa... Waiting for the other characters really, especially Dizzy.

YRCs in Xrd are kind of like FRCs minus the extreme specificity of timing and they work on any move, which makes me happy because FRCs are a bitch and sort of hidden as a mechanic. On the other hand having a 25% RC still makes a 50% RC seem undesirable. Some of what I read on Dustloop seemed to imply that the time-slowing after RCs eats inputs like BB dash cancels though, which if true is slightly upsetting.
YRC is more than just an "easy" FRC, though, since you can't do it at all if your opponent is in block/hitstun, which means you can never do it in combos, and you can only do it for "real" pressure off of projectiles. In general, this should make the 50 meter options (both regular FRCs and Overdrives) more appealing.

Yo when's Robo-Ky
Or Robo-Jam

I'd take a Robo-Bridget at this point too
Let's just swap every character with a robot counterpart and change the name to robo-guilty gear xrd.

With 3D graphics it's fairly simple to add a robo husk to every character. DLC on the way. KACHING!KACHING!

Currently missing are: A.B.A, Anji, Baiken, Bridget, Dizzy, Jam, Johnny, Justice, Kliff, Order-Sol, Robo-Ky, Testament and Zappa. 13 from the main series plus potential adds from GG2 like Sin, Izuna and Raven.
Difficult to say how many of these they'll add before Guilty Gear Xrd Random Kool Wordz + but part of me feels Dizzy and Testament are going to be the new Justice and Kliff. I only have hopes for Baiken and Johnny at this point (from my mains, not saying those two would be the only ones added).

The rest of the old cast will be on disc DLC. And everyone will buy it.

can we just make a comedy series where ramlethal is constantly trying to destroy the world, but keeps messing up and is absolutely adorable about it?
Sounds like "Professor Chaos" Butters.

Let's just swap every character with a robot counterpart and change the name to robo-guilty gear xrd.

Actually, a game where every character has to manage their own Temperature and Power Gauges sounds fun as hell.

#WhensRoboGear

Another Rammy-chan pic, this time after Faust's IK

BlH6NtWCUAAQ7-L.png

Can't decide which IK makes me laugh more: Faust or May

i kinda don't like how you can combo into IK now

That makes it kinda less useless but wow that does kinda sound shitty
we BlazBlue now. . .except whenever we want. . .I like how IKs were good for tricking people into bad moves like ABA not switching properly would be a good example, now it isnt as much Hype, mind you it is hard to combo into them unless you have Milia's Hairobouros

i kinda don't like how you can combo into IK now
Just remember that it's not like GG1's IKs which can be spammed as much as you want and really cheap.

we BlazBlue now. . .except whenever we want. . .I like how IKs were good for tricking people into bad moves like ABA not switching properly would be a good example, now it isnt as much Hype, mind you it is hard to combo into them unless you have Milia's Hairobouros
you can oly combo into them when the enemy is in hellfire state (flashing life bar) though correct?

PS2 version of AC is NOT +R. It is only Accent Core Plus. If you want to play +R, you need the PS3/360 version.

Should i still get +R? Or should i wait until Xrd

Should i still get +R? Or should i wait until Xrd
there's no console version Xrd release date announced, right? all i've heard is that arc said it'll be out on PS3 & PS4 eventually.

and no idea if that even includes outside of japan. knowing arc, i presume not.

there's no console version Xrd release date announced, right? all i've heard is that arc said it'll be out on PS3 & PS4 eventually.

and no idea if that even includes outside of japan. knowing arc, i presume not.

No but like a did with BBCP, im gonna import the game, PS3/ PS4 region free ftw.