• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hatred Install Advice?

Silk_Sk

Reaction score
Steam
Silk_Sk
Painwheel Squigly
Ever since I picked up a PS3 controller at a friend's house and played SG for the first time, I've been a proud member of the Mainwheel master race. I've studied combos and am finally able to occasionally pull off that horrid Lk Buer > Flight > DF Lp chain. I love her hatred guard and experimenting with it in matches. I'd really love to work on incorporating more of her abilities into my game. Specifically, her hatred install super.

To be honest, I'm not sure it's worth the 2-meter consumption. It changes the properties of some moves and gives her HG a buff, but not much else. I'm not sure if it resets damage scaling but if so, when and how can it be included in a combo? Anyone here have any tips on using it?

EDIT: And no, I don't play on PS3. Master Race in this aspect as well.

Last edited:
it's best used as a DHC since, in this case, it only costs one bar.

also you can do stuff like this:

Wow that's dirty. But what about a solo PW? I'm not at a place yet where I'd be comfortable adding another character to my lineup.

For solo Wheel it helps in some match ups like Parasoul or Peacock when the extra hit of armor comes in handy (especially on j.hp).

It also gives you faster flight which means you can overtake people silly fast from fullscreen. You'll catch people by surprise.

Lastly, it gives you a mean reset in her throw (adds 1300 more damage to it and still allows a combo). Seriously, get in, throw, j.mk, throw, j.mk > chain, throw and on.

Is it worth draining your valuable meter (PWs meter gain is ass)? It is situation dependent. As a solo-Wheel, you'll almost never use her level 3 outside of disrespect or hail mary situations (it isn't worth the meter). You're DC should be used very, very sparingly as you are going to feed your opponent meter (get used to resetting instead of going to super). So that leaves Thresher which is sexy (full combo off of cancel) since it is about our only reversal and HI. If you're being rushed, usually thresher. If they are giving you space? Consider HI.

Dang. I've been using DC to finish off my combos since it does more damage than thresher. Then again the scaling by that point would make the difference negligible. But is Buer Overdrive really not worth the meter? I would have thought the ease of comboing off of it makes the damage potential a pretty tempting risk. As for HI, I'll start considering those situations where it would be useful. Thanks.

I'm not saying never to use DC to finish the combos (and I'm certainly not saying replace DC with Thresher). You want to get more in the habit of frequent resets. For example, my bnb with DC does about 7.3 and gives me maybe -40% meter (60% meter - 1 bar for DC) and gives them about a bar while letting them escape.

Thresher is your reversal option. It also leads into a combo.

If you can kill with your full combo + DC, go for it. If not, reset until you can which will give you more meter gain, them less meter gain, you more potential damage, them less escape options.

Buer Overdrive gives you a lot of damage, but is 3 bars worth say 10k (I don't think you'll even get this much off of it)? Probably not in most cases (though I'd spend any amount of meter to kill a character).

Thanks for the tips. But back on topic, I'm assuming since no one is mentioning it, HI does not reset damage scaling or anything?

It does not.

And an HI specific combo is like 9ish from neutral (I think?). Generally, not worth the 3 meter for the combo alone. The meter is best spent because it amps up your neutral.

Hatred Install is largely a means of converting a reversal super into a full undizzy combo via DHC. The perks of it (extra armor on hatred normals, nail charge time reduction, flight speed, buer/throw improvements) generally aren't worth the two bars if you go into it while painwheel's on point.

Since you're running solo, I would recommend saving meter primarily for reversal threshers or level 3's if you know it'll kill a character.

Wow that's dirty. But what about a solo PW? I'm not at a place yet where I'd be comfortable adding another character to my lineup.
See, you say that, but I feel like you have to work a lot harder to win in this game with a solo than with a duo, even if you have no idea at all how to play the second character in your duo.

Reactions: WarpedEcho
It's easier to win with for sure, but do you learn half as much?
Yeah, probably about as much.

I usually recommend starting solo if you can handle the losses. It is harder but you'll learn more about that character (and by extension, you'll learn more what you're looking for in an assist).

I am still finding that I have to play my Squigs and MF solo since I panic a little when they get snapped in since I don't understand their MUs nearly like I do with PW.

That said, it is amazing at how much the game tilts in your favor just by adding an assist. It even changes the way your opponent has to play vs you, generally for the better.

Reactions: thederphog
Haha that's not unfair to be honest.

You'll learn both to appreciate your invuln assist call and to hate every Peacock that says something like "my mashable meterless reversal option sucks" when you are stuck in a corner as solo PW.

Is that going to make me empathize that she has a meterless reversal and PW doesn't?

Reactions: Dime
Id take mp bang reversal over deathcrawl reversal any day of the week. All day, every day.

In ten matches number of reversal deathcrawls i do on average:

1... If I'm lucky. Number of reversal deathcrawls i hit with if i didnt pbgc into them:
Probably only about 40%

In ten matches, number of mp bangs i do:

At least one a match.. Probably more like 2 on average. So let's say 15.

Number of those i hit with:

Around 75%

So...yeah, i still dont understand all the peacocks that complain about mp bang when its one of the best fuck off/get off me reversals in the game.

And unmetered at that so even if peacock does get it blocked, she doesnt lose a meter for the honor of getting punished.

Reactions: Spencer and Daemyx